watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Food Discussion

Started by Steve_orino, April 11, 2010, 05:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

try an get a decent kabob in the states, i live near one of the largest arabic populations out side the mid east and i have not found one even close to as good as the ones i've had in london
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 17, 2010, 10:10:04 AM
try an get a decent kabob in the states, i live near one of the largest arabic populations out side the mid east and i have not found one even close to as good as the ones i've had in london
You must live in Michigan.
Fulham for life!

jarv

I am struggling tomight. I want something DIFFERENT, tasty and healthy. Been through all the local places in my head, blank! None of the local places fit any of the above. If I was back home, easy, 3 pints and a curry!

AmericanJames

tom you are spot on. i just got finished eating a fake gyro and it wasnt even close to satisfying, buti have a feeling that its because i live in a small hickish college town

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 18, 2010, 08:29:54 AM
tom you are spot on. i just got finished eating a fake gyro and it wasnt even close to satisfying, buti have a feeling that its because i live in a small hickish college town
Which college town James?
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

What's going on here then? A food thread, and i wasn't invited  :014: .

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Steve_orino on April 13, 2010, 11:36:36 PM
One cuisine I'm interested in is the Indian Curry.  I've read plenty where Finn & FatFred RAVE about a good Curry but I've come to understand that I can't get a proper one here in the States...

Another cuisine I have yet to try is Thai.  A lot of close family & friends seem to have had it and like it but I haven't tried it. 

Any suggestions or thoughts on Thai?
What you've never had a Ruby? Jesus Christ man you could get knocked over tomorrow. Get some money together get a flight over here, take in a Fulham game and try the best food that England has to offer. Thai food is ok , but i wouldn't rave about it, usually very coconuty,and i'm not mad on coconut. And Chinese food over here has gone down the pan, i used to love a good chinky, but they all seem to use that rubbery reprocessed chicken nowadays and it's sh1t. I think the Triads may make them buy it, but i know loads of people that wont eat it anymore for that reason.

finnster01

On the Chinese front, Freddy, I can't seem to get a really good crispy duck here with the proper pancakes for some reason. It just isn't crispy enough over here in the US.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on April 18, 2010, 07:29:47 PM
On the Chinese front, Freddy, I can't seem to get a really good crispy duck here with the proper pancakes for some reason. It just isn't crispy enough over here in the US.
mmmmmm Crispy duck , I occaisionally pop into Pangs in Hayes for the all you can eat buffet for roughly a tenner, and everyone allways hammers the crispy duck, one of the few times i can eat cucumber as it happens. Yeah i'm right off chinky, but crispy duck rules  :54: .

Steve_orino

Good call on the duck Gents...good stuff!  Haven't had it here in Texas though...there is a place in Washingotn DC called Peking Duck and it is/was delicious!!!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on April 18, 2010, 08:32:01 AM

I go to Ferris State University which is in Big Rapids (about 45 mins north of Grand Rapids), the town's pop is about 11000, and the school has about 14000 students

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 19, 2010, 03:18:22 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 18, 2010, 08:32:01 AM

I go to Ferris State University which is in Big Rapids (about 45 mins north of Grand Rapids), the town's pop is about 11000, and the school has about 14000 students
Alright, never been there.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Yea it's a nice small town with only one bar worth going to and a wal-mart

Logicalman

Freddy, There's an Indian place on the Uxbridge Road at Hillingdon, about 1/4 before you get to Long Lane, we went there last visit, and that weren't half bad neither. :013:

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 06:31:48 PM
One cuisine I'm interested in is the Indian Curry.  I've read plenty where Finn & FatFred RAVE about a good Curry but I've come to understand that I can't get a proper one here in the States...

Another cuisine I have yet to try is Thai.  A lot of close family & friends seem to have had it and like it but I haven't tried it. 

What you've never had a Ruby? Jesus Christ man you could get knocked over tomorrow. Get some money together get a flight over here, take in a Fulham game and try the best food that England has to offer. Thai food is ok , but i wouldn't rave about it, usually very coconuty,and i'm not mad on coconut. And Chinese food over here has gone down the pan, i used to love a good chinky, but they all seem to use that rubbery reprocessed chicken nowadays and it's sh1t. I think the Triads may make them buy it, but i know loads of people that wont eat it anymore for that reason.

Logicalman

Steve, after 10 years of trying to find a decent ruby this side of the Atlantic, I've taken to brewing up my own.

So, if you know your way around the kitchen, I'll send you/post the recipe if you, or anyone else, wants. Be warned, it's a little hot for the average American taste, but you can change that by altering the ingredient amount. The good thing is it doesn't use any processed foods except the tomato paste.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Logicalman on April 19, 2010, 10:35:02 AM

Freddy, There's an Indian place on the Uxbridge Road at Hillingdon, about 1/4 before you get to Long Lane, we went there last visit, and that weren't half bad neither. :013:

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 18, 2010, 06:31:48 PM

FatFreddysCat

I dont usually get out to Hillingdon(although it's only a couple of mile down the rd) but strangley enough i was on long lane right by the uxbridge rd today. If you come onto long lane from the A40 there's Bill the Bakers and i had a hot pork bap for £2.60 today, and the amount of meat in it was unbelievable. And theres anouther Pangs there as well.

FatFreddysCat

LM you're not Texas White from the Offal are you? He was a Hayes / Northolt borders lad from Kingshill i think.

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 19, 2010, 09:31:59 PM
LM you're not Texas White from the Offal are you? He was a Hayes / Northolt borders lad from Kingshill i think.

Freddy, No mate, I use the same monika on all the MBs, just to avoid confusion (for me  :011:)  I grew up at Lillie Road and Hammersmiths Peabody's before moving out to Hanwell and then further afield.

I did live In Southall for a while and used to go to the target pub on Thursday lunchtimes for the topless lasses dancing there. :004:

AmericanJames

Quote from: Logicalman on April 20, 2010, 02:03:40 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on April 19, 2010, 09:31:59 PM

Freddy, No mate, I use the same monika on all the MBs, just to avoid confusion (for me  :011:)  I grew up at Lillie Road and Hammersmiths Peabody's before moving out to Hanwell and then further afield.

I did live In Southall for a while and used to go to the target pub on Thursday lunchtimes for the topless lasses dancing there. :004:

to quote the over rated american comedian chris rock "titties and tater tots don't mix"