https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz - that is it then?

Started by Robbie, September 15, 2012, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 15, 2012, 11:28:54 PM
Sorry to upset everybody but.
I sat next to a fella today who pointed out that Ruiz spent the time he was on view on the balcony texting like a madman and not watching the game. He had a point. We noticed he did'nt stand to see Berbatov despatch the penalty and he left really early, the ground that is not the balcony. I had overheard a conversation at Old Trafford where it was said that he, Ruiz, apparently is'nt 'getting it', the whole Fulhamish thing that is, unlike the likes of Petric who have embraced it. Time will tell but the approach play we saw in patches today will see off Wigan and was'nt it great to see the new kids on the block in the squad with Frei still to come back. Diarra back for the City game and perhaps Petric for 'Dave', a similar engine room for Southampton and use the width and before we know it we are seven eight games in and for me the question remains .......... is that it then or at least is he no longer the foundation stone the team will be built around? His absences are getting quite frequent so it would be wise to adopt another plan methinks.

Off to dig a trench then
fp.gif

Burt

Lighthouse

Not sure why people think that Petric would be better alongside Barbatov. Rodders has what little speed we have up front. Isn't Petric just too similar to Barbatov?

As for Ruiz I don't think the post was done for anything other than to get a reaction. I don't care if he doesn't 'get' Fulham as long as he plays well for us. I am sure he will move on now he realises we are such a small club and that we will sell our best players anyway. Just hope he can play well while he is with us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hazzaffc

starting to get sick of people on this forum, hard to understand whether you lot are actual true fulham fans. We have one bad game against west ham and everyone is saying bad things about jol and our team, then we have a very good game against west brom and everyones saying were very good and dont need certain players. when fully fit, ruiz is one of the first names on the team sheet, to say we dont need him is a joke, i agree he hasnt lived up to his price tag yet, but first season is always hard, espeically for a playing style like his, give it a rest ffs

Lighthouse

Quote from: hazzaffc on September 16, 2012, 12:19:27 AM
starting to get sick of people on this forum, hard to understand whether you lot are actual true fulham fans. We have one bad game against west ham and everyone is saying bad things about jol and our team, then we have a very good game against west brom and everyones saying were very good and dont need certain players. when fully fit, ruiz is one of the first names on the team sheet, to say we dont need him is a joke, i agree he hasnt lived up to his price tag yet, but first season is always hard, espeically for a playing style like his, give it a rest ffs

Although it does throw up the interesting question that with Ruiz playing just behind the forward. How would have played today? We needed two players up front and our central midfield two played well. Ruiz is a great player and I would love to see play with Berbatov. But we may well find that our best team is one without the star players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hazzaffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2012, 12:27:23 AM
Quote from: hazzaffc on September 16, 2012, 12:19:27 AM

Although it does throw up the interesting question that with Ruiz playing just behind the forward. How would have played today? We needed two players up front and our central midfield two played well. Ruiz is a great player and I would love to see play with Berbatov. But we may well find that our best team is one without the star players.

tbh i think our most effective strike partnership would be ruiz and berbatov, however i think ruiz in the central midfield role with diarra/sidwell/baird, and petric / roda up front with berba will be equally effective, depending on who jol would like to play. ruiz is versatile and can play in a few different roles

Mr Fulham

Oh yeah, allow him to leave on a free transfer please because some guy said to his mate that he thinks that Ruiz doesn't get the Fulhamish-thing and he likes to text during matches.

Oh people, seriously? Get a grip!

whiteburp

to say ruiz is not a usefull member of our squad is out of the question.but i agree,where he plays how to use him whose place does he take is becoming confusing.i feel the only thing wrong here is his price tag.

TonyGilroy

We had 9 players injured for yesterday but if they were all magically fit for Wigan I'd play the same team.

Doesn't mean that Rodellega, for example, is better than Ruiz or Baird better than Diarra. It's about not messing with what works.

Let the injured players get fit and force Jol to play them.

Whether Ruiz "will" make it is speculative. I want him to prove it. His performance against Norwich though was excellent.

shnlwswlkr

I am so excited to see Ruiz and Berbatov play together! I think these 2, playing in form together, will make for some very attractive football! Ruiz already looked stronger and hungrier at the start of the season! We've finally got decent attacking players which is what we have lacked for so long in a Fulham team!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Riverside

How can you not be excited about Berbatov and Ruiz ?

TWFL

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 16, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
I am so excited to see Ruiz and Berbatov play together! I think these 2, playing in form together, will make for some very attractive football! Ruiz already looked stronger and hungrier at the start of the season! We've finally got decent attacking players which is what we have lacked for so long in a Fulham team!

Totally agree, it will be brilliant to watch them together, very excited.

Btw  076.gif. Great first post.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 16, 2012, 09:39:43 AM

We had 9 players injured for yesterday but if they were all magically fit for Wigan I'd play the same team.

Doesn't mean that Rodellega, for example, is better than Ruiz or Baird better than Diarra. It's about not messing with what works.

Whether Ruiz "will" make it is speculative. I want him to prove it. His performance against Norwich though was excellent.
yes but you have the benefit of hindsight. no way in the world would you have picked that team to start if we had no injuries
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

yes but you have the benefit of hindsight. no way in the world would you have picked that team to start if we had no injuries

I think Tony is using hindsight to influence his foresight. Nowt wrong with that.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: TWFL on September 16, 2012, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 16, 2012, 11:16:33 AM

Totally agree, it will be brilliant to watch them together, very excited.

Btw  076.gif. Great first post.

Haha thank you! I've moved here from the official Fulham website forum due it's closure! Already seems like a better place to talk all things Fulham!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

Quote from: Senior Supporter on September 16, 2012, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

I think Tony is using hindsight to influence his foresight. Nowt wrong with that.
whoops miss read his post. thought he said he would have picked the same team for brom if they were all fit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mr Fulham on September 16, 2012, 01:05:18 AM
Oh yeah, allow him to leave on a free transfer please because some guy said to his mate that he thinks that Ruiz doesn't get the Fulhamish-thing and he likes to text during matches.

Oh people, seriously? Get a grip!

Thats quite a way off from what I said is'nt it and 'the guy' is'nt a mate he just sat next to me.

michaelread

this might come as a total shock to some of you, but football players who didn't grow up following fulham probably don't love the club as much as you do.

crazy thought, I know.

zzamora

Quote from: michaelread on September 16, 2012, 11:48:54 AM
this might come as a total shock to some of you, but football players who didn't grow up following fulham probably don't love the club as much as you do.

crazy thought, I know.

WHAT?!