watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant supporter relations by the club

Started by domprague, September 17, 2012, 09:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

I took my four-year-old son to his first match at the Cottage on Saturday and the club's Supporter Relations team were brilliant. I rang them the day before to see if they could do a half-time announcement to welcome him. They said they don't do that any more but would put a message up on the big screen.

At half time, two women from the Supporter Relations team, including the one I'd spoken to the previous day, came over with a bag of goodies - stationery set, match programme, signed photo of Jol and a team sheet - and chatted to us, offered to take photos of the two of us and so on.

A great gesture. Added to the family fun day in Bishop's Park beforehand it made me feel proud of the club.

Incidentally, I have recieved an email from a poster apologising for losing his temper with me over what I said about the Riverside. I presume the topic has been removed by the mods because I never saw what the bloke said. Anyway, apology accepted.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

General

you've changed your tune entirely. make your mind up. Glad your son had a good day even if you didn't enjoy where you sat.

ffcbulgaria

Is there anything specific about the designated Cottage Corner area of Putney? For example - for the Sunderland game would the 2 mates for 5 each offer be valid for blocks P1 and P2?

domprague

Quote from: General on September 17, 2012, 11:27:37 AM
you've changed your tune entirely. make your mind up. Glad your son had a good day even if you didn't enjoy where you sat.

What? What's wrong with saying that I was annoyed with people who clearly weren't bothered about Fulham coming in and going out halfway through each half, people having no interest in getting behind the team?

LBNo11

...just to apologize that the Riverside thread was actually accidentally deleted by the mods.

We appreciate people look at things differently and can disagree, and that is what a message board is all about - opinions.

Happy that things have come to an agreeable solution...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ScalleysDad

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 17, 2012, 11:34:31 AM
Is there anything specific about the designated Cottage Corner area of Putney? For example - for the Sunderland game would the 2 mates for 5 each offer be valid for blocks P1 and P2?

P1 and P2 are still classed as 'home' fans but many of the ST seats go to all sorts. I've got two tickets in P3 and I think the offer extends into P4.

domprague

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 17, 2012, 12:24:22 PM
...just to apologize that the Riverside thread was actually accidentally deleted by the mods.

We appreciate people look at things differently and can disagree, and that is what a message board is all about - opinions.

I wish I'd seen what was written. I'm a bit surprised at the response - there's a lot mickey taking on these boards about the Riverside being a great place for a kip and how you can't eat crisps there because of the noise and so on. I've sat in various places in the Riverside from the halfway line to Block Z and it has always been quiet. Seems a shame and so I was wondering how to change it.

Incidentally, is there any way of reinstating the thread, mods? I'd quite like to see it given that I seem to have annoyed so many people to see what was said.

Andy_M

Have not had many direct dealings with the club myself but have through other people on my behalf on 2 occasions and both sets of people have said how helpful they found the club to deal with.

For my 21st birthday my girlfriend wanted to get me a signed Fulham shirt so the club helped her get me a shirt signed by the entire first team squad. I believe she had to buy the shirt and then make a donation to whatever the Fulham charity was that year and I got a signed shirt and a letter from the club listing all the players who had signed it. A very nice gift!

The other occasion was I had my leg badly broken (tib and fib - 5 places) whilst playing Sunday League and all my team clubbed together and got me a Fulham shirt with my name on the back (which was ordered from the club shop) to cheer me up and also the Manager (whilst ordering the shirt) spoke to someone at the club told them what had happened, that I was a big Fulham supporter and I got a get well soon letter from the club signed by the manager (at the time it was Roy Hodgson).

So they certainly seem to look after their own in my experience.
@got_maile

TonyGilroy

My comment was to the effect that I am surrounded in the Riverside by life long supporters who live every moment of the match but don't feel the need to sing and chant.

And why should we?

All of the rows around me in Block T are held by season ticket holders who renew every year and wherever the tourists are they're nowhere near us.

Anyone familiar with the ground knows where the noisy and quiet areas are and they should go where they feel comfortable and not criticise those that enjoy their football differently.

The above is more measured than my deleted post.

LBNo11

Quote from: domprague on September 17, 2012, 12:49:57 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on September 17, 2012, 12:24:22 PM

I wish I'd seen what was written. I'm a bit surprised at the response - there's a lot mickey taking on these boards about the Riverside being a great place for a kip and how you can't eat crisps there because of the noise and so on. I've sat in various places in the Riverside from the halfway line to Block Z and it has always been quiet. Seems a shame and so I was wondering how to change it.

Incidentally, is there any way of reinstating the thread, mods? I'd quite like to see it given that I seem to have annoyed so many people to see what was said.

...regrettably when it's gone it is gone and enters into the cyber ether.  As for upsetting people it may have been the tone that upset people. No complaints were received by the mods and we were prepared to let it run its course as long as people were civil. Lessons have been learned from this so it is not all negative...

Jack Fulham

Their is no obligation to sing or chant when you're at the game. Although we're capable of creating a great atmosphere at Fulham, its not exactly a regular thing. I don't think you change it at all. Sit elsewhere if it makes you unhappy.

epsomraver

I was in H7 on Saturday ( what was that strange noise coming from the back? ) and there was a group next to me who talked about sweet Fa all the game, came late, got up early at half time came late again for second half etc, it happens because we attract tourists and are probably one of few Prem clubs where you can get a seat nearly every match.

Berserker

I got tutted at by the guy next for me for getting too excited at the Tottenham away game,  wasn't singing, just making exasperation noises and movements.

I always find the Fulham FC stewards good at away games, they are always very helpful to female supportes I have found, especially when I have gone on my own.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

domprague

Fair enough TonyGilroy.

I got a couple of season tickets for the first time this year. There wasn't a great selection when they first went on sale - hadn't realised existing season ticket holders had right to renew before general sale - and so bought in Block Z, Riverside.

Nothing against people who live every minute. It's the ones who aren't bothered that get to me. I want to support my club and having to get up every few minutes to let someone by or have to listen to them chatting about other clubs they support wound me up.

I wouldn't ever want us to be like the Barmy Army in cricket where they're more interested in singing and chanting than the match but I think it is reasonable to expect fans to sing and chant during the match - especially if your team is winning and the away fans are ripping the mick out of you for being so quiet.

Having been a regular Fulham attender since 1982 (and an occasional one for a few years before then) I'm aware of all the ups and downs we've had since then so I am glad just be able to go to the Cottage, let alone see top division football there.

It just seems a shame that a section of the ground which is technically our support seems so lacking in genuine interest in the club.

TonyGilroy

I've no idea what it's like in your end of the Riverside. Blocks S and T have the same aging bodies in the same seats every match.

David_Keating

That's about the best birthday present a fan could get; she sounds like a keeper, i presume you proposed immediately. maybe lucky, but have had good and prompt dealings with the supporter relations myself.

Quote from: Andy_M on September 17, 2012, 01:04:18 PM
For my 21st birthday my girlfriend wanted to get me a signed Fulham shirt so the club helped her get me a shirt signed by the entire first team squad. I believe she had to buy the shirt and then make a donation to whatever the Fulham charity was that year and I got a signed shirt and a letter from the club listing all the players who had signed it. A very nice gift!

epsomraver

earlbeatty

I have had a few dealings with the Customer Relations Team (especially Tommy Guthrie) and have always been very impressed by their knowledge and also the efforts they go to to sort out any problems.

A top team within a top Club!!

EB

LBNo11

...Tommy Guthrie and previously Jenny Gower have always been very helpful points of contact who have gone out of their way to solve problems...

Berserker

Was Tommy the guy who showed us round Motspur park a while back?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.