watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Im developing a secret Everton crush

Started by os5889, September 17, 2012, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

I really enjoyed my trip to Liverpool even though we got dapped 4-0 last year. The fans were really welcoming, ground had a decent atmosphere and they played good football.

They have a great manager and are fighting with the big boys whist spending within their means.

Add to that they have just made such a tasteful tribute from Everton to the Hillsborough victims, playing the Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother" with a Liverpool and Everton mascot with 9 + 6 on their backs and an immaculately respected applause while the victims names scrolled across the screen.

They really are a credit to their city!

Sorry, just had to say it!

TWFL

Quote from: os5889 on September 17, 2012, 08:10:51 PM
I really enjoyed my trip to Liverpool even though we got dapped 4-0 last year. The fans were really welcoming, ground had a decent atmosphere and they played good football.

They have a great manager and are fighting with the big boys whist spending within their means.

Add to that they have just made such a tasteful tribute from Everton to the Hillsborough victims, playing the Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother" with a Liverpool and Everton mascot with 9 + 6 on their backs and an immaculately respected applause while the victims names scrolled across the screen.

They really are a credit to their city!

Sorry, just had to say it!

Agree. A class act from Everton, very impressed.

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Burt

Agree with all the foregoing, although it would be great to go to Everton and WIN!

Berserker

Quote from: Burt on September 17, 2012, 08:19:47 PM
Agree with all the foregoing, although it would be great to go to Everton and WIN!

very true
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

btings

I find this Everton squad particularly easy to like.  Also, they got robbed against NUFC today.

It would be incredible to get a win there.

HatterDon

I loved Everton until Ba scored the 2nd goal against them. I had Everton 2-1 in the picking pool. Bloody Toffee-nosed Pikeys!

Hi Bill!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

Their fans aren't really any different to Liverpool FC's. Still Scousers.

Edit - Should probably have expanded on that. The grand gesture isn't really a club thing, it runs deeper than that. The fans from Everton are no different to Liverpool's, there is no social divide, they're all Liverpudlians with a partisan mentality about the city.

Senior Supporter

Is it not the case that, in many families up there, some support the reds and some the blues?

west kowloon white

With FFC becoming the "Everton of the South"..a northern club have time for..but they have their Scousers-we have our tourists-of which I am one -working overseas and only making a couple of games a year...at least that has the bonus of Lighthouses' mate  not tracking me down.

David_Keating

I agree with everything you've said. Despite the score and the game last season, it was a great atmosphere before the game and despite being probably gutted last night, Moyes says his piece quickly and gets on with it.

Quote from: os5889 on September 17, 2012, 08:10:51 PM
I really enjoyed my trip.... Sorry, just had to say it!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

mine's no secret-they are my second club,great fans, great history,great club
Fulham always come first though 098.gif :scarf: