Main Menu

Would we take Dempsey back?

Started by DiegoFulham, September 17, 2012, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Quote from: MJG on September 18, 2012, 06:52:44 AM
Quote from: Rupert on September 18, 2012, 06:12:56 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 18, 2012, 01:39:59 AM
I did actually see Boa Morte at Motspur Park this evening but he is only back to build his fitness.

We never resign old players under MAF although the likes of Kit Symons, Mark Pembridge have returned as coaches. Who was the last former player we resigned out of interest? Paul Parker?

It depends on your criteria. Paul Parker only came back on a short term loan. More recently Andy Cole signed for us, but had been with us on loan a decade earlier.
The last player who signed on the dotted line twice was probably Ivor, unless anyone else knows otherwise.
What about Big Jim?

Good call. I'd forgotten him (or tired hard to, anyway, I was never his greatest fan). Was he re-signed before or after Ivor? It was about the same time, wasn't it?

JBH- what is wrong with remembering old players? If you don't want to, scroll on by.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

BarryP

Quote from: JBH on September 18, 2012, 06:55:50 AM
Why can't you saddo's move on????

I there something in particular that you find upsetting about Jim Stannard?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MJG

Quote from: Rupert on September 18, 2012, 07:49:27 AM
I did actually see Boa Morte at Motspur Park this evening but he is only back to build his fitness.

We never resign old players under MAF although the likes of Kit Symons, Mark Pembridge have returned as coaches. Who was the last former player we resigned out of interest? Paul Parker?

It depends on your criteria. Paul Parker only came back on a short term loan. More recently Andy Cole signed for us, but had been with us on loan a decade earlier.
The last player who signed on the dotted line twice was probably Ivor, unless anyone else knows otherwise.
What about Big Jim?

Good call. I'd forgotten him (or tired hard to, anyway, I was never his greatest fan). Was he re-signed before or after Ivor? It was about the same time, wasn't it?

JBH- what is wrong with remembering old players? If you don't want to, scroll on by.
ivor rejoined in 86 and Jim in 87 and was here till 95.

JBH

Quote from: Rupert on September 18, 2012, 07:49:27 AM

I remember players from the past but that scumbag has just left FFC on bad terms and you guy's are already saying would we take him back!

In my eyes that makes you a saddo, if you don't like it ignore it 065.gif
What about Big Jim?

Meerkat

Think there is no way back for Dempsey at Fulham he saw to that himself by acting the way he did.  Shame but there you are.

btings

I'd take him back, but I don't pretend to represent anybody but myself.

He would score a lot more goals this season if he were still here than he will with Spurs, that is for certain.

Fulham Far East

I would take him back too. However, the the currently line up, Im note sure where he will fit in.

TonyGilroy

MasterHaynes

He won't be moving anywhere, moving to Spurs was not a good move if he does not break through into the first team as Spurs don't sell players off cheaply. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any takers at £8m - Levy always makes a profit on deals - for a 30 year old who may have only played a couple of games all season.

Still Rodgers and the Liverpool board may be under so much pressure by January in their desperation they might meet Levy's asking price.

BalDrick

Good question, don't really see why some people seem to think we can't discuss this simply because he was the main topic of conversation in the summer.

Personally I suspect he's burnt his bridges big time, but of more importance is the fact I'm not sure he'd get as many games as he did last season. But over and above both those reasons, I seriously doubt the player would even think about it, think he has too much pride. I think he'll fight for his place for a while but sooner or later he'll pick up an injury and go to the back of the queue when fit, and we all know how long that queue is at Spurs. Couple of seasons there and then I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on again, to another country.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

Stephen Piennaar is the precedent.

If it didn't work out at Spurs and the money was right I can imagine him returning. The events of the last few weeks would soon be forgotten.

My feeling is that he'll do well enough at Spurs to stay for a couple of years.

BalDrick

Pienaar didn't leave so acrimoniously though did he?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

epsomraver

Quote from: btings on September 18, 2012, 08:08:12 AM
I'd take him back, but I don't pretend to represent anybody but myself.

He would score a lot more goals this season if he were still here than he will with Spurs, that is for certain.

Yes it is a long punt from the bench :011: :011:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

No, for 2 reasons
1) he's burnt his bridges big time and is not welcome by a lot of fans(not everyone but a decent amount)
2) we've seen the best of him anyway so why go backwards?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Also our side is better balanced with a natural wide player like Kacaniklic or Frei on the left and natural forwards like Berbatov, Petric and Rodallega.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 18, 2012, 12:21:35 PM
Also our side is better balanced with a natural wide player like Kacaniklic or Frei on the left and natural forwards like Berbatov, Petric and Rodallega.

for the win-totally agree :Haynes The Maestro:

David_Keating

i thought roy keane would never return to ireland's team, but time passed, managers changed, and he did, after alot of time, i expected miracles from him coming back but started to realise he's just another good footballer. never know but can't see it while jol's at the helm.

domprague

Couple of years' time when Berbatov goes and Dempsey feels fed up with warming the bench. If he comes back people might moan but a few goals will quieten down most of them.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

K33NY

the way he behaved and in the way he left, no thanks, I would rather have Dembele back instead!! he is class

domprague

Agree on Dembele. He went up in our respect for the way he departed. Class act.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.