watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we take Dempsey back?

Started by DiegoFulham, September 17, 2012, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH FFC

I am not totally convinced that Jol would not want Dempsey back, he is a big admirer of Dempsey.  He very well may want to bring him back if the opportunity came up.
However, even if Jol did want him back, I doubt the rest of the staff would.  Unless he was for cheap!

I do not think he burned his bridges, because honestly we never did find out exactly what happened.  It still appears as though he was asked not to play, and not the other way around. 

Now for the truth, he will never come back to Fulham, and the current squad is quite different from the last time he played for Fulham.

cebu

:beer:  or   :wine:   

That's a much more important question ...   :55:

grandad

Why should he go from bench warming at Spuds to bench warming for us. He certainly wouldn´t be a starter for us now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

If he gets fed up warming the bench at Tottenham he can always move on to a bigger club like Hull or one with ambition like QPR.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

i stick to what i have said before, even though it gets me in 'debate.' clint essentially had one good season. maybe the hughes season was okish but not wonderful. personally if at any time anyone said you can have a swap of berbatove for dempsey i would have bitten their hand off for the opportunity.
do we want clint back? by and large going back doesn't tend to work out, sometimes it's ok but usually not. so let him have a nice time on the spurs bench

The Rock

Sure - he's a very good footballer. He left to fulfill his dream. If he ends up on the bench dreaming away and comes back and it helps the team then great. I can't see it happening with Jol here as he sort of burnt his bridge...

HatterDon

1. He won't ride the pine at Tottenham. I can't believe how many delusional people there are around here.

2. The only way we would want him after his successful stay at Spuds is if we were in a lower tier and needed a name veteran to boost attendance.

Personally, I'm tired not only of these threads, but of Jol's insistence on signing older players to one year contracts and then -- somehow -- convincing everyone that this will lead to stability. By the time Dempsey's contract with Spurs is up, he'll be ready to step down to a lower league. I'm hoping that we won't be in a lower league.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

Quote from: HatterDon on September 18, 2012, 08:14:27 PM

Personally, I'm tired not only of these threads, but of Jol's insistence on signing older players to one year contracts and then -- somehow -- convincing everyone that this will lead to stability. By the time Dempsey's contract with Spurs is up, he'll be ready to step down to a lower league. I'm hoping that we won't be in a lower league.

Oh come ON!

MJG

1. He won't ride the pine at Tottenham. I can't believe how many delusional people there are around here.

2. The only way we would want him after his successful stay at Spuds is if we were in a lower tier and needed a name veteran to boost attendance.

can't you see that part of the policy of the club is to bring through the younger players.
By signing players like Petric on a one year contract allows both sides to see how things go. If it works out im sure an extension will be offered. If not then he goes for free and maybe a younger players can step in. If not we pick someone else up.
I would rather that, than stick a 31 year old on a three year contract who in 18 months might be kicking his heals picking up 20k a week.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Who will he replace then?

064.gif

Personally, I'm tired not only of these threads, but of Jol's insistence on signing older players to one year contracts and then -- somehow -- convincing everyone that this will lead to stability.

Jol is signing quality players. Why turn down the opportunity to have Riise, Diarra, Petric, Berbatov or even Karagounis because of their age? If they improve the quality and we cannot find similar quality at a younger age then bring them in.

Jol is also giving opportunities to more young players than we have seen for years: Briggs, Frei, Kacaniklic, Trotta and Smith and we are signing some of the best youth players around. And we are playing very good football.

And we replaced a 29 year old who had peaked with a 21 year old up-and-coming player.  :dft012:

By the time Dempsey's contract with Spurs is up, he'll be ready to step down to a lower league. I'm hoping that we won't be in a lower league.

He'll go to the MLS, won't he?

McBridefan1

Dempsey??? The name isn't ringing any bells.