watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodallega

Started by hongkongfulham, September 22, 2012, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Any one else find him extremely frustrating?

I dont really like to moan after after 3 points but he had me pulling my hair out a couple of times, i know he notched and put in a shift but something wont let me believe in him being in our starting 11 over ruiz and petric. I also thought he lost interest a bit when he got shifted out wide. Just wondering if anyone out there feels the same coming off that result or if im in the minority...

zzamora

Can we get a scapegoat emotion please mods?

I don't think this  :dead horse: or this  090.gif or this  :bang head: or this  085.gif or this  080.gif quite does the trick.

hongkongfulham

on a side not i did enjoy the special one sandwich...

hongkongfulham

Quote from: ddeuce on September 22, 2012, 05:53:09 PM
Can we get a scapegoat emotion please mods?

I don't think this  :dead horse: or this  090.gif or this  :bang head: or this  085.gif or this  080.gif quite does the trick.

haha fair enough, im sure ill be proved massively wrong

jazz hardrockin

Fulham manager Martin Jol:

"It is nice to get three points on the board. They are a difficult team. It was pleasing to see us taking the initiative.

"We needed that [second] goal as they scored in added time. You can't complain because they are a good football team, they deserved a goal too.

"One of the reasons that I played him [Rodallega] was because it was against his former team and he had extra motivation to score against his old club."
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Jack Fulham

Needs a bit more time to gel but he and Berba are sort of a brawn and brain partnership. Think he makes the wrong decision a bit like dribbling when he should pass but his header was excellent today. Would like to see Petric and Berba but they may be too similar but we may as well give it a go. Rodallega gives us a different option.

mr-ska

I thought it was a good header  and showed the Wigan fans lots of respect with his celebration,  i bet he wanted to go nuts!

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 22, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
Needs a bit more time to gel but he and Berba are sort of a brawn and brain partnership. Think he makes the wrong decision a bit like dribbling when he should pass but his header was excellent today. Would like to see Petric and Berba but they may be too similar but we may as well give it a go. Rodallega gives us a different option.

Agreed. A Petric and Berba combination would scare the living daylights out of centre backs. Let's hope we see it soon.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

grandad

For me he should always start as his pace & strength are handy to begin with. If it doesn´t work out later in the game then either Ruiz or Petric can come on with fresh legs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

Totally agree, a number of his passes were very wayward. I think he may be trying too hard, at least he now has his first goal under his belt and may relax a bit.
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 22, 2012, 05:50:08 PM

I dont really like to moan after after 3 points but he had me pulling my hair out a couple of times, i know he notched and put in a shift but something wont let me believe in him being in our starting 11 over ruiz and petric. I also thought he lost interest a bit when he got shifted out wide. Just wondering if anyone out there feels the same coming off that result or if im in the minority...

MJG

Just going make one observation regarding the comment about how he lost interest when he moved left.

He did enough when in that position, was involved in the goal for duff as well. Defended when needed.
Kaca was also very quiet playing on the left and I thinks that's down to the fact Wigan were stronger down that side, so the left side was hard on all the players this game.

But hey let the scapegoating continue as he's never going to win some people over. Just be honest and say you don't like him. I did with Etuhu but at least acknowledged when I thought he did well.

MJG

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 22, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Agreed. A Petric and Berba combination would scare the living daylights out of centre backs. Let's hope we see it soon.
that front line while very skillful may be a little on the one paced side.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 22, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Disagree. I see a lack of movement with that pairing, players are too similar IMHO.

Count Berbatov

People don't see the obvious. He moves a lot off the ball. That opens space for Berba and the other forwards. Ruiz was rusty. Kaca was not as effective, but in the current system I see Hugo and Kaca start over Ruiz. Not sure about Petric. Need to see more of him. As I am not a fulham supporter, I can speak my mind, though I don't know your team well. Just what I saw from the beginning of the season and sporadically in the past. So, I don't see what the hype about Ruiz is. Sidwell and Baird should not get dropped after latest display from both. You've got a good first team settling. Don't experiment
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

jazz hardrockin

Talking about pairing? Pace??? How about Quality??? Here is what Jol thinks:

It was satisfying that [Chris] Baird and [Steve] Sidwell played so well, I think Berbatov gave us the quality and Rodallega gave us pace."
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 22, 2012, 08:13:45 PM
Talking about pairing? Pace??? How about Quality??? Here is what Jol thinks:

It was satisfying that [Chris] Baird and [Steve] Sidwell played so well, I think Berbatov gave us the quality and Rodallega gave us pace."
It's like one mind. If you ever lose Jol, you have me ;)
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

craig10

Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 22, 2012, 05:50:08 PM

I thought he did a good job made some good runs into the channels, come feet a lot and linked well with berba again... Felt Ruiz when he came on lost the ball far to often but hard to come into the position he played last on against a side like Wigan (give you NO time on the ball)

HatterDon

Rodallega is a very average striker. I think that Petric would be a better option, but the world isn't going to get swallowed by a giant gypsy moth if Rodallega starts. I'd be surprised if he doesn't start at home to City. The only change I expect is Ruiz for Special K.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WolverineFFC

He's not the most technically gifted player, but I think his strength and pace up front are a nice contrast to what Ruiz/Berba provide.

Maybe you don't use him in the starting 11 every week, but for certain match ups, FFC is going to need someone to do the dirty work of chasing the ball, running the channels and opening up space for the more creative players to shine.. And to be fair, he did score a goal today.

Crede15

I think Petric is generally a better player, but count me in the group that wonders how a Berbatov/Petric pairing would work. They're just a bit too similar. Rodallega can at least use his pace to get behind the back line (theoretically, he hasn't really done it yet) when Berba drops a little deeper.

He is a bit of a frustrating player at times but considering he was on a free and he's a versatile player I'm glad he's here.