News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

60 percent possession to Wigan yesterday...

Started by General, September 23, 2012, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

and we still won?

must've played crap?

are becoming better and more of a top team with results against run of play?

is misleading statistic?

cmg

As the greatest philosopher of modern times said:

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
(Homer Simpson)

TonyGilroy

66.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666% of goals to fulham.

mr-ska

Certainly didnt play crap!  I suppose we made better use of the possession we had. Had a couple of scary moments in front of our goal, but saying that we could and should of added to our lead.

Burt

Exactly. It's what you do with it that counts...

cebu

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 23, 2012, 02:32:42 PM

66.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666% of goals to fulham.

Well, that is mathematically a bit suspect ...  :011:

JohnKovacs

I watched it, and I just didn't see Wigan having 60% of the ball. Maybe when the halftime whistle blew, they had possession and were credited for possessing the ball during the halftime intermission... :011:

tommy

98% of home teams have more possession, nut it's what you do with the possession that counts. The better stat would be what part of the pitch was that possession in?

Scrumpy

It makes a nice change for us to have a quality attack out there. When we attacked, we always looked like making chances and hence scoring. We were happy to let Wigan have the ball in their own half, where they could not really hurt us.

Having said all of that, Mark earned his wages yesterday too.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

RidgeRider

the only reason we had less possession is we parked the bus a bit in the second half and especially after we went up 2-0. We seemed to play back a bit more throughout the second. We played pretty well. Some defensive errors and we did give the ball away a bit but overall we were the better side.

gezkc

I read somewhere that Fulham have the best goal per shot ratio in the Premier League this season.

We're a lean, mean, scoring machine!  :scarf:

Jack Fulham

They didn't use it very well and Wigan are a ball playing team at home. No surprise really.

HatterDon

Quote from: General on September 23, 2012, 02:18:19 PM

and we still won?

must've played crap?

are becoming better and more of a top team with results against run of play?

is misleading statistic?

When you're away and up by two goals in the second half, what you want is for the home team to attack all out so that you can counter attack. In order for them to do that, they need the ball.

no charge.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 23, 2012, 04:23:08 PM
the only reason we had less possession is we parked the bus a bit in the second half and especially after we went up 2-0. We seemed to play back a bit more throughout the second. We played pretty well. Some defensive errors and we did give the ball away a bit but overall we were the better side.

I'll try and find the half by half possession stats later Jack but there was not a big difference IIRC. Wigan bossed the midfield but Fulham finished better is Saturday's storyline.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."