News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - John Terry retires from international football.

Started by Jimpav, September 23, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Thoughts.

Part of me thinks he could be acting martyr in a desperate bid to prove his innocence.

Not someone I would ever want a pint with but a great player and will leave the England squad weaker.

ron

With his handling skills, he could still make it in rugby football.

os5889

can't believe Im saying this but I genuinely do have sympathy for John Terry, if he's been cleared by the courts and so has clearly not broken any laws then why should the FA then deem that not good enough for them?

They already ruined his captaincy by stripping him of it due to allegations and now clearly have made him feel he cant go on playing for England.

While we all know he's certainly no saint he hasn't done anything wrong legally!

Are the FA saying the law isn't good enough?

The Doctor

We needed to find a new defence before the next World Cup, so at least his decision allows for a clean break and gives Hodgson plenty of time to get the replacements sorted

SmithyFFC

Should of been done before the Euro's to give Rio a chance.

FTID

SP

Good, I can't support any team that contains John Terry or Ashley Cole.

Holders

Quote from: os5889 on September 23, 2012, 09:11:10 PM
can't believe Im saying this but I genuinely do have sympathy for John Terry, if he's been cleared by the courts and so has clearly not broken any laws then why should the FA then deem that not good enough for them?

They already ruined his captaincy by stripping him of it due to allegations and now clearly have made him feel he cant go on playing for England.

While we all know he's certainly no saint he hasn't done anything wrong legally!

It pains me to say but - agreed.

I do think he was shown up at the WC so no great loss. We must look to the future - Lescott and so on...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

God The Mechanic

The FA has different rules/laws than the country does.  So if they feel/can prove that he's broken one of theirs hen they can punish him accordingly.

LBNo11

...who will the youth of today have as a shining example of morality to look up to now..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

it shouldn't have been his choice. He should have been excluded after the Wayne Bridge thing. Barring that, he should have been excluded after his absolutely horrible performance in the World Cup.

The only disappointment I have with Roy as England's chief is that he kept calling that horror of a human into his squad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JHaynes Paperboy

So "The Rascists" win again?He has been proved innocent by our courts, why should the FA think that they are above the Law? 000en.gif

Rupert

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on September 24, 2012, 08:09:35 AM
So "The Rascists" win again?He has been proved innocent by our courts, why should the FA think that they are above the Law? 000en.gif

You know, I am, politically, someone who leans slightly to the right, and I found that post to be completely baffling, so goodness knows what the comrades, and their ilk, will make of it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Black, White and Fred

082.gif 078.gif :wine: yee-haw! 098.gif :yay: :clap_hands: :wine: 078.gif 082.gif
I am not too displeased with this news.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

cebu

I believe the verdict of the court was "not guilty" rather than "innocent".

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Time to go anyway he just jumped before being pushed....

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cebu on September 24, 2012, 10:13:11 AM

I believe the verdict of the court was "not guilty" rather than "innocent".

Also worth noting what the judge said about Terry's defence of 'I was repeating the insult back to ferdinand':

Mr Terry's explanation is, certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely. It is not the most obvious response. It is sandwiched between other undoubted insults.

Basically - The defence was terrible and it is really a case of lack of evidence than of obvious innocence

epsomraver

As explained clearly on the radio this morning , he is not being tried for the same offence as the court cleared him of, his admission that he used insulting words and referred to a players skin colour and ethic background is what the FA are charging him with.As an example a radio announcer swears on air and sounds like a racial slur , he goes to court and gets off the racial part but admits the swearing  his radio station would still charge him.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Putting a positive spin on this. Ive heard Wayne Bridge looks set to announce his decision to come out of international retirement.