News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - John Terry retires from international football.

Started by Jimpav, September 23, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Being an England Captain used to mean more than having a toss and a shake at the beginning of the game and not giving a toss after. The fact remains Terry has brought the game and the reputation of the game into the gutter on numerous occasions by his off field antics.

Terry used to play football. Now he plays with the tabloids. The sooner we see the back of this player the better for the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vinnieffc

Quote from: ron on September 23, 2012, 08:58:20 PM
With his handling skills, he could still make it in rugby football.

And even better with his team mates girlfriends  :dft012:

Matt Inglis

You guys are all blind. England haven't won a single game or even scored a single goal since JT retired, bring him back!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: HatterDon on September 23, 2012, 10:48:00 PM
it shouldn't have been his choice. He should have been excluded after the Wayne Bridge thing. Barring that, he should have been excluded after his absolutely horrible performance in the World Cup.

The only disappointment I have with Roy as England's chief is that he kept calling that horror of a human into his squad.

No player had a particularly good World Cup, using Terry as a scapegoat would have been extremely unfair. For what it's worth, he was one of our stand out players at the Euros so it proves that he is still a decent player.

The only player from that 'golden generation' who is consistent and worth keeping in the side is Ashley Cole. Whilst it's going to be refreshing seeing the back of all of them, the lack of young talent that we have at the moment doesn't fill me with hope for the future. Of course it's not all down to the individual players, so I hope (yet hold no expectation) that we'll have a number of decent coaches coming through as well.

fulhaman

He is rotten. ut I do believe he plays to his best for England. And also in the bedroom

JHaynes Paperboy

I wonder what everybody would be saying if he was a Fulham player.

Rupert

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on September 25, 2012, 12:45:21 PM

I honestly believe that if he was a Fulham player, I would be wishing he was not a Fulham player.
This may be unfair, I do not expect our lot to be saints in their private lives, but I do expect a certain level of civilised behaviour from those I cheer on, and J Terry has constantly fallen well short of those standards.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...they would probably say he would be better suited as a dark side player...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JHaynes Paperboy

Surely there would be some who would forget his private life and minor on pitch fracas and accept him for his playing ability??
Quote from: LBNo11 on September 25, 2012, 01:07:21 PM

...they would probably say he would be better suited as a dark side player...