watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sean Davies

Started by Meerkat, September 25, 2012, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meerkat

Sean Davies has been forced to retire due to injury.  Always remember the goal he scored against Blackburn, shame he left us but the grass is always greener at Spurs so a number of our players think.  He say's he would love to stay in the game coaching youngsters and his best time was at Fulham.  I wish him all the best for the future.

Lighthouse

Very sad to hear he has to retire.

Loved himself a bit too much for my taste. A player who always thought he was better than he was. Nevertheless wrote himself into our history. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

beijing ben

Davis.. Real shame that is. Was still playing alright when he did play..

St Eve

That's what happens when you move to Spurs!

JBH

Really sad news, the lad had it all at FFC and was destined to be a legend but moved to Spurs and from then on it was all down hill.

I wish him well for the future 065.gif

A Humble Man

The article indicates he would like a rejoin Fulham in some capacity, hope that happens.  Says he will return as a fan, hope I spot him as he was a great servant to a Club he should have never left.   Players who leave Fulham do not realise what an unbeatable experience it is playing for our great Club.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

SG

Quote from: A Humble Man on September 26, 2012, 07:53:41 AM
The article indicates he would like a rejoin Fulham in some capacity, hope that happens.  Says he will return as a fan, hope I spot him as he was a great servant to a Club he should have never left.   Players who leave Fulham do not realise what an unbeatable experience it is playing for out great Club.
I was at Blackburn that night and it was a feeling that I will never forget when he scored. But in recent years very few players have moved on from Fulham to better things and he is another example of a player who thought he could do better at another club.

Rupert

Quote from: SG on September 26, 2012, 08:47:50 AM
I was at Blackburn that night and it was a feeling that I will never forget when he scored. But in recent years very few players have moved on from Fulham to better things and he is another example of a player who thought he could do better at another club.

That night at Blackburn rates as one of the best, but who would have put money on that outcome when Rufus got his marching orders, them 1-0 up and all over us (literally in Harry's case, not that the ref noticed)?
The funny thing about Sean's goal was it came at the end of 45 minutes of relentless Blackburn pressure, and was near-enough our only foray over the half-way line that half, and the fourth official had just held the board up indicating three minutes of stoppage time.
I turned to whoever was next to me and demanded to know where the hell he had got three minutes from, when we pounced. From agony to ecstacy in seconds.
Even with the three minutes still to go, the other three sides of the ground were more or less empty within a minute. We were still there half an hour later, with the stewards begging us to go home.
A happy night.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Quote from: SG on September 26, 2012, 08:47:50 AM
The article indicates he would like a rejoin Fulham in some capacity, hope that happens.  Says he will return as a fan, hope I spot him as he was a great servant to a Club he should have never left.   Players who leave Fulham do not realise what an unbeatable experience it is playing for out great Club.

Only when we play the filth, he is an out and out fan of them.

LBNo11

...I appreciate our former, (former) No23 is a fan of the other team in SW6, and he was my youngest's favourite player, and when he went to spuds I remember my son solemnly tearing the poster off his wall - but, he came through the ranks and played for Fulham in every division, with distinction, and always played like he meant it.

Everytime he came to play against Fulham he showed the grace to applaud the Fulham fans, despite a few boos.

I too wish him well for the future - the image of the Blackburn goal and the dancing celebration will be etched on my memory forever...

PS: If memory serves he was on the bench the day that a certain Mr R, McAree made his contribution to the annals of The Fulham Football Club's history...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Scrumpy

Certainly one of my favourite players at the time. I think fans as a whole love a player that has come through the ranks.

He certainly had his fair share of female fans  :004:  :004:  :004:!!. I remember being astounded by how many had his name on their shirts and hung around the players entrance looking for autographs.

By the way, I think it was Sean Davis, not Sean Davies.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Black, White and Fred

Players who leave Fulham do not realise what an unbeatable experience it is playing for out great Club.

This is hilarious given your name! :005:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

A Humble Man

Quote from: 1879 on September 26, 2012, 01:02:20 PM
Players who leave Fulham do not realise what an unbeatable experience it is playing for out great Club.

Why is a truism not humble?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: A Humble Man on September 26, 2012, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: 1879 on September 26, 2012, 01:02:20 PM

Why is a truism not humble?

O I am not disagreeing its just looks funny.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Horse

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 25, 2012, 11:33:11 PM
Very sad to hear he has to retire.

Loved himself a bit too much for my taste. A player who always thought he was better than he was. Nevertheless wrote himself into our history. Good luck to him.

That's what happens when KK says you're the best young player he's ever seen.

BedsFFC

I read on Tiff that it is rumoured he had a sly word in Murphy's ear before the Bullard free kick against Portsmouth. The implication being that he would'nt mark him. And DM very rarely was positioned like that on free kicks. If true, it's not very professional but he should be granted permission to walk his sheep through the hammersmith end at any time he pleases

Scrumpy

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 26, 2012, 03:32:16 PM
I read on Tiff that it is rumoured he had a sly word in Murphy's ear before the Bullard free kick against Portsmouth. The implication being that he would'nt mark him. And DM very rarely was positioned like that on free kicks. If true, it's not very professional but he should be granted permission to walk his sheep through the hammersmith end at any time he pleases

He was great on that day. I don't know if what you say is true, but at the post match walkabout he spent 2 minutes in front of the Pompey mongs and then about 15 minutes in front of the away end, laughing with the Fulham fans and sharing the experience with his young daughter.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Chopper

He was on TalkSport today admittedly you'll have to wade through some Keys & Gray cobblers but it's on listen again here >

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/90795

Sean starts around 15 minutes into the 12:00 section.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

alfie

I always got on well with him at Fulham both he and Cookie would always have time for the kids, the trouble was his dress sense left a lot to be desired, occasionally he would turn up in a white trackie with red diamonds all over it, probably bit of So solid about it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

In the Enclosure

Hope he does well in the future - always gave us 100% on the way up.