watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jimmy Bullard retires!

Started by GodfatherJol, October 01, 2012, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodfatherJol

Not been following the man so closely lately, anyone know why?

DiegoFulham

Poor Jimmy, I feel sorry for him due to he was a really good players for us, just ashamed like Dempsey in the way he left....  :56:  :046:
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

filham

I guess it was his knees .
A great character who gave us a lot of enjoyment, just a pitty  about the way he left us but lets remember the good times and wish him the best of luck.

JBH

He screwed his own career up so i have no sympathy whatsoever for JB

GodfatherJol

The BBC have tweeted saying that it's "because of ongoing knee problems". Fair enough he could have left us in more ideal circumstances, but it's never nice to see a player have to retire through injury.

cmg

Many players before Bullard have messed their careers up and many will do so in the future.
Young blokes with not much intelligence and shed loads of cash are easily manipulated by unscrupulous 'advisers' who are interested only in their own bottom line.

Bullard was pretty much a diamond for us; enthusiastic and influential when he played, commanded a decent fee when he departed. He was never going to fit in with Hodgson's way of thinking, either in his playing style (too indisciplined) or his lifestyle (ditto). His injuries made him even more of a risk, which, as things turned out, was not worth taking (although that wasn't known at the time).

Good luck to him, although I would fear for his future.

Dragoman

Quote from: GodfatherJol on October 01, 2012, 12:27:38 PM

Not been following the man so closely lately, anyone know why?

He had ongoing knee problems, was out of form and had some disciplinary problems at Ipswich. Therefore time to call it a day....

HatterDon

QuoteJimmy Bullard Retires

I'm reminded of Dorothy Parker's remark upon hearing that President Calvin Coolidge had died. "How could they tell?"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jambo

Don't have to much sympathy for the lad.  Did well for us and for an average player made an absolute fortune for himself on the back of his move to Hull.  I'm sure he won't be signing on tomorrow.  Thanks for the memories.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

RaySmith

A bit of a Fulham legend - all the best to him.

BalDrick

Quote from: Jambo on October 01, 2012, 03:47:27 PM
Don't have to much sympathy for the lad.  Did well for us and for an average player made an absolute fortune for himself on the back of his move to Hull.  I'm sure he won't be signing on tomorrow.  Thanks for the memories.

Agreed - rather doubt he's got much left. Can see him trying to get into media work, albeit he probably hasn't got much of interest to add. Hope his appearance on our website was a one-off rather than a regular thing
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ron

Well, whatever else he did, he certainly polarised opinon on this MB !

I expect he'll read his deposit account staement occasionally and spend the rest of the time fishing.

Boggers

Sad news, he played a massive part in our 'great escape'

Wish him the best of luck 065.gif
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Adam87

regardless of how i feel about him i wouldnt wish his injury at newcastle on anybody. He was great when he played for us and played his role in the great escape at the end. Good luck to him.I hope deep down that him leaving this club was a terrible choice. Good luck to the guy now.

The Swan

Bullard was playing for MK Dons. He was always a great player for us. Shame about how he left us.
The Swan

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Great to see all of the positive replies about Jimmy. An horrendous injury, and managed to get a couple of good contracts out of clubs to set himself up for life. Why not Jimmy, I have some great memories in your short time at Fulham, and realistically it should'nt be long before you're taking over from Merson on Soccer Saturday ! All the best !! 

alfie

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on October 02, 2012, 05:36:58 PM
Great to see all of the positive replies about Jimmy. An horrendous injury, and managed to get a couple of good contracts out of clubs to set himself up for life. Why not Jimmy, I have some great memories in your short time at Fulham, and realistically it should'nt be long before you're taking over from Merson on Soccer Saturday ! All the best !! 

I reckon he would be great on Soccer Sat, he has a great sense of humour.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Steven Ageroad

He may be funny but his English "ain't to good", BUT, if England had a fishing team, he'd be the captain.
Quote from: alfie on October 02, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on October 02, 2012, 07:19:41 PM
He may be funny but his English "ain't to good", BUT, if England had a fishing team, he'd be the captain.
Quote from: alfie on October 02, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

and he's uglier than a homemade fence
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel