watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

new midfielder

Started by MurphLegend, October 01, 2012, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurphLegend

so apparently we've got somebody in for a medical and its a mystery as to who it is, any ideas? i think martin jol said he's managed him before

Lighthouse

Yep if you look further down the threads it was discussed and a number of names were put forward. But somehow I don't think whoever it is will change our season much.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

btings

Simon Peach of the PA seems pretty convinced it's Mickaël Tavares, based on hints Jol had dropped last week.

cottage cheese

Quote from: btings on October 01, 2012, 11:10:49 PM
Simon Peach of the PA seems pretty convinced it's Mickaël Tavares, based on hints Jol had dropped last week.

Have very strong links with people in boro football club and he was signed on loan but they turned down the chance to sign perm as he was not good enough and very slow. I hope to god we have not gone in for him

Andy_M

It does seem a bit strange to me us picking up another freebie CM when Diarra is only out for 4 weeks and our squad isn't in that bad a shape really.

For me I'd just wait until January and spend some money to get someone decent rather than pick up a sub-standard free player.
@got_maile

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Andy_M on October 02, 2012, 12:07:32 PM
It does seem a bit strange to me us picking up another freebie CM when Diarra is only out for 4 weeks and our squad isn't in that bad a shape really.

For me I'd just wait until January and spend some money to get someone decent rather than pick up a sub-standard free player.

Why not do both. And we're down to the bare bones in central mid really, even if you count in Diarra.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 02, 2012, 02:23:39 PM

Why not do both. And we're down to the bare bones in central mid really, even if you count in Diarra.
baird sidwell diarra and the greek. bare bones? no lacking real quality but then i doubt the new bloke will be the real quality we are all hoping for
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mr Fulham

Sidwell, ok
Diarra, injured
Baird, injured
Karagounis, bit part player

We definitely could do with another one in there, just to make sure we're not down to Karagounis-Smith if Sidders gets injured too.

TWFL

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2012, 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 02, 2012, 02:23:39 PM

baird sidwell diarra and the greek. bare bones? no lacking real quality but then i doubt the new bloke will be the real quality we are all hoping for
4 players for two spots with two of them being 32+ and injury prone.. I think Jol is playing it safe by bringing another CM. Just gives us another option and on a short term deal there can't be much harm.

ToodlesMcToot

With what we have, picking up another free CM is the bare minimum and hope we hold up til January when we buy a CM to start with Diarra - if he's able to stay healthy.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

if it is the guy that was on loan at boro, a guy i work with supports them and he said he was the worst player ever to pull on a boro shirt. surely there are better free agents if we need to sign one
Every day is a Fulham day

A Humble Man

If it is Tavares I assume Jol thinks he can turn around what looks like a desperately disappointing career to date mainly spent in lower division football or in reserve teams.  

Diarra was a real class free, this one looks highly risky but he is only 28 at least.  he will be a long way from match fit.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

fulhamfan

diarra will be back in 4 weeks anyway

St Eve

Mr Fulham

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 02:58:09 PM
If it is Tavares I assume Jol thinks he can turn around what looks like a desperately disappointing career to date mainly spent in lower division football or in reserve teams.  

Slavia Prague, Hamburg and Nuremberg are hardly 'lower division teams'.....

Oh, and he's almost 30 - and there's absolutely no risk.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 02, 2012, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 02:58:09 PM

Slavia Prague, Hamburg and Nuremberg are hardly 'lower division teams'.....

Oh, and he's almost 30 - and there's absolutely no risk.

Here is his record , not that much top division experience.

League Stats

Seison      Club   Land   League   Cup
                   Division   Matches   Goals   Cards   Type   Matches   Goal
red card   yellow card
2006 - 2007   Tours FC      2   5   0   -   -   ?   ?   /
2007 - 2008   Slavia Prague II      3   5   0   0   0   -   -   -
2007 - 2008   Slavia Prague      1   22   2   2   0   C1   7   0
2008 - 2009   Slavia Prague      1   14   1   ?   ?   C1+C3   2+1   0
[edit]
We Are Fulham, Believe.

FFCAli

Quote from: fulhamross on October 02, 2012, 03:50:36 PM
But will he go off to play for Mali in January?

A Humble Man

Quote from: FFCAli on October 02, 2012, 04:48:58 PM

Senegal
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cebu

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 04:52:17 PM

Senegal

Mahamadou Diarra - the one who plays for Fulham - plays for his native country, i.e. Mali.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 02, 2012, 04:52:17 PM

Senegal

you mean he just unretired and came back into the national team of Mali so he can play for Senegal?  :Haynes The Maestro: :doh: