watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fastest goal ever

Started by spikey norman, October 03, 2012, 10:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

just seen on Youtube supposedly the fastet goal ever by a player from serbia called vuk bakic   -  amazing he scored straight from the kick off without anyone else touching the ball.
Is this within the rules?
sorry tried to download footage but had problems doing so

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: spikey norman on October 03, 2012, 10:21:09 AM
just seen on Youtube supposedly the fastet goal ever by a player from serbia called vuk bakic   -  amazing he scored straight from the kick off without anyone else touching the ball.
Is this within the rules?
sorry tried to download footage but had problems doing so

100% within the rules.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

domprague

Wasn't the other player offside as he was in the opponents' half? I tried that once while playing for the world's worst Sunday League team. Hit the touchline about halfway in their half.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: domprague on October 03, 2012, 10:58:40 AM
Wasn't the other player offside as he was in the opponents' half? I tried that once while playing for the world's worst Sunday League team. Hit the touchline about halfway in their half.

No, as the ball has to be rolled forward from a kick-off. Also, there would be 11 other players in the other half of the field as it was directly from kick-off.

Touchline in their half, as in the 18 yard line/penalty box?
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

spikey norman

so on sunday if berba or anyone else did the same thing the goal would stand - always thought ball had to be touched forward into opponents half before coming into play.Wonder why no one has tried this before
trying to think what was the fastest fulham goal i have seen

spikey norman

sorry apart from you domprague

epsomraver

No goal, I always understood that the ball has to be played forward and then touched by another team member unless Law has changed?

domprague

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on October 03, 2012, 11:03:47 AM
Quote from: domprague on October 03, 2012, 10:58:40 AM

No, as the ball has to be rolled forward from a kick-off. Also, there would be 11 other players in the other half of the field as it was directly from kick-off.

Touchline in their half, as in the 18 yard line/penalty box?

Yes, about level with the penalty box. We took inspiration from it and, 8-0 with half an hour to go, began kicking for touch like rugby.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Rupert

At kick-off, or from a re-start after a goal, the ball has to be played forward.
So, absolutely no reason why it can not be booted straight into the goal.

I had an occasion where a team kicked off after conceding a goal, the ball was rolled forward, the player it was rolled to was not paying attention, an opponent nipped in, took the ball and belted into the other goal, and everyone looked at me expecting the goal to be disallowed. I just changed "1-0" to "2-0" and carried on.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cmg

The current FIFA laws specifically state:

LAW 8 – THE START AND RESTART OF PLAY 29
Definition of kick-off
A kick-off is a way of starting or restarting play:
• at the start of the match
• after a goal has been scored
• at the start of the second half of the match
• at the start of each period of extra time, where applicable
A goal may be scored directly from the kick-off.

(which, like Epsomraver, surprised me. Has this been changed since my day as a player [Corinthians v. Royal Engineers at Lillie Bridge)?

HOWEVER, later on the same law (Law 8) states:

• all players must be in their own half of the field of play

Although this law seems to be ignored as a matter of course, strictly speaking the goal should not stand and the kick retaken. No?

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Rupert on October 03, 2012, 12:19:53 PM
At kick-off, or from a re-start after a goal, the ball has to be played forward.
So, absolutely no reason why it can not be booted straight into the goal.

I had an occasion where a team kicked off after conceding a goal, the ball was rolled forward, the player it was rolled to was not paying attention, an opponent nipped in, took the ball and belted into the other goal, and everyone looked at me expecting the goal to be disallowed. I just changed "1-0" to "2-0" and carried on.

When I stumbled across this a few years ago, I got the team I was coaching to try it. I did make a point of quietly checking with the ref that I had understood the relevant law correctly first though.

Sadly, we didn't score!
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

JohnKovacs

nose

Wow!
well done cmg
I played in a dads Vboys game a few weeks back and the dads scored a goal like this and it stood but i thought it should have been disallowed (the ref was one of the dads!). It seems it was Ok after all but like others I wonder if the rule has been changed at some point. i always thought a KO was treated as an indirect free kick.

ffcbulgaria

the pitch is amazing, much better than the premier league ones haha

Burt

Yes I had always assumed it needed a touch first.

You learn something new every day...

Highlander