watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How times have changed for Fulham !!!

Started by MOR :, October 12, 2012, 05:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Remember when we were lucky to have a couple of internationals in our side...now look at us.

Giorgos Karagounis-Greece
Alexander Kačaniklić-Sweden
Chris Baird and Aaron Hughes-Northern Ireland
John Arne Riise and Brede Hangeland-Norway
Stephen Kelly-Republic of Ireland
Bryan Ruiz-Costa Rica
Ashkan Dejagah-Iran
Mark Schwarzer-Australia
Neil Etheridge-Philippines
Pajtim Kasami-Switzerland Under 21

Also Omri Altman, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Jack Grimmer have all been called up for their respective nations' Under-19 sides for three European Championship qualifying matches. Israel face France, Portugal and Latvia; Denmark take on Lithuania, Turkey and Serbia; while Scotland come up against Armenia, Romania and Switzerland.

Finally, Ryan Williams and Corey Gameiro have been selected to represent Australia Under-20s at a training camp in Portugal, while Jesse Joronen joins up with Finland Under-21s for a friendly tournament.

Herbie

I wonder if Berba getting more game time in the PL might lead to an international recall?

MOR :

Quote from: Herbie on October 12, 2012, 05:42:06 PM
I wonder if Berba getting more game time in the PL might lead to an international recall?

I thought he had retired from International football...

Herbie

That may have been a pride thing though...not getting much game time at Man U. He is definitely still international class and it wouldn't surprise me if he was persuaded to join up with the squad again.

On that point, I've never fully understood the 'retiring' from international football thing, unless you have family commitments that mean that you don't want to be away from home much, or you are knocking on the door of the football scrapheap and too many games a week is taking it's toll.

filham

I used to be more impressed with Haynes.Robson,Jezzard and Mullery - England.

YankeeJim

Ashkan Dejagah-Iran

????????????????
Who dat?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

keith

I remember being immensley proud of Duncan Jupp playing for the Scottish U21 side.

sunburywhite

Ernest James Langley 3 caps
Rodney William Marsh 9 caps
William "Bill" Dodgin Jr 1 under 23 cap
Allan John Clarke 19 caps
George Cohen 37 caps
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mr-ska

Alexander Kačaniklić- has just scored for Sweden after coming on as a sub..  get in there!! 1499

NorJof

also, U18 striker Muamer Tankovic scored against Wales U18 on Wednesday.

Skip to 3:45 to see the goal.

P18/94 Wales-Sverige 1-3, 10/10 2012 - svenskfotboll

MasterHaynes

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 12, 2012, 06:29:23 PM
Ernest James Langley 3 caps
Rodney William Marsh 9 caps
William "Bill" Dodgin Jr 1 under 23 cap
George Cohen 37 caps
You would have thought Clarke would have many more caps than that as he was at the top of the scoring tables for seasons and was the most clinical English forward then and since that time.

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 12, 2012, 07:07:57 PM

You would have thought Clarke would have many more caps than that as he was at the top of the scoring tables for seasons and was the most clinical English forward then and since that time.

Yes, I agree. Of course all these caps came when he was at Leeds.
There was fairly stiff competition for the England striking slots (usually 2 in those days). Clarkie had to compete with the likes of Hurst, Chivers, Royle, Lee, Marsh, Macdonald, Keegan, Osgood, Channon and Worthington. Although I would contend he was never worse than 2nd to any of those and superior to most.
Interesting to note that two of these 'rivals' were also ex-Fulham

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: Herbie on October 12, 2012, 05:56:07 PM
That may have been a pride thing though...not getting much game time at Man U. He is definitely still international class and it wouldn't surprise me if he was persuaded to join up with the squad again.

On that point, I've never fully understood the 'retiring' from international football thing, unless you have family commitments that mean that you don't want to be away from home much, or you are knocking on the door of the football scrapheap and too many games a week is taking it's toll.

His decision not to play is more political then sporting.They just asked him again a month ago to play for them.He is protesting the corruption of the governing body in Bulgarian football.He will not join them again, unless something changes at the top of the corrupted Bulgarian FA.  :bang head:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

the nutflush

Yeah its happy days until half of them get injured.  Ruiz injured.  Last time it was Diarra.  Its hurting us badly. 

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SaltfordWhite

cebu

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 12, 2012, 06:19:30 PM
Ashkan Dejagah-Iran

????????????????
Who dat?

Evidently, the lord and savior of our midfield.

I know ... I know.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel