watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tigers@Yankees

Started by MJG, October 15, 2012, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just wanted to pop over to this part of the site and say how much im enjoying the Tigers winning in New York over the last couple of days.
Long may it continue.

AmericanJames

Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2012, 12:16:34 PM
Just wanted to pop over to this part of the site and say how much im enjoying the Tigers winning in New York over the last couple of days.
Long may it continue.

Thanks for the support, tonight was wonderful as well! Hoping we can finish it off in 4. There are few things in a baseball fans life better than whopping up on the Bankees.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

McBridefan1

Quote from: MJG on October 15, 2012, 12:16:34 PM
Long may it continue.

LOL  :plus one:

BillNRoc

There's a wonderful essay in today's NY Times nat'l edition about a native Detroiter going home with some anxiety about seeing a game at Comerica Park instead of Briggs/Tiger Stadium, where I also attended my first MLB games.

I'm old enough to have seen Mantle and Kaline as rookies there, and to treasure a ball autographed by George Kell, so I've been hatin' on the Yankees a long, long time. While I regret Jeter's injury, I'm reveling in the hitting travails of baseball's highest-paid lineup (and bench).

On talk radio this morning, someone said he was flying in for tonight's game, stopping only at a hardware store to pick up a broom. We can only hope....

sacffc

Being from Northern California, I support the Bay Area teams first, but my next favorite team is "anybody but the Yankees".  Go Tigers!
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

AmericanJames

Quote from: BillNRoc on October 17, 2012, 03:34:36 PM
There's a wonderful essay in today's NY Times nat'l edition about a native Detroiter going home with some anxiety about seeing a game at Comerica Park instead of Briggs/Tiger Stadium, where I also attended my first MLB games.

I'm old enough to have seen Mantle and Kaline as rookies there, and to treasure a ball autographed by George Kell, so I've been hatin' on the Yankees a long, long time. While I regret Jeter's injury, I'm reveling in the hitting travails of baseball's highest-paid lineup (and bench).

On talk radio this morning, someone said he was flying in for tonight's game, stopping only at a hardware store to pick up a broom. We can only hope....

That was a great article, I went to my first game there too but not till many years after you did. Are you still in the Detroit area?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

BillNRoc

Nope. Lived there again 1990-96 while Tiger Stadium was still in use, went to a Tigers game the night after my grandmother's memorial service in 1991 with my brothers and cousins, all Detroit natives. Now I wear my Tigers cap during shifts as a golf-course starter to irritate Yankee fans who are common here in upstate NY.

The old ballyard appears in several of Loren Estelman's Amos Walker detective novels, must-reads for Detroiters manque.

Rhys Lightning 63

As a Yankee fan myself, all I can say is well done to The Tigers. Thoroughly deserved it, one of the best teams in MLB at the moment with the best pitcher and best hitter (if he doesn't get M.V.P I will consider it a disgrace) in my view
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

McBridefan1

BillNRoc

Thank you, MJG and McBridefan1. Today is a great day to be a Tigers fan.

YankeeJim

I'm not really not much of a baseball fan but congrats to a gritty city on its way back.
That, and any day the Yankees, USC and or Mexico lose is a good day.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.