watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a dire performance from England

Started by St Eve, October 17, 2012, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Lescott is a liability and the defence was shaky, and what an error for the goal by Hart.

fulhamben

poor team selection and tactics if you ask me. ive seen nothing from roys england to say he will be a success.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

Didn't see the game.Hart? thought he was the best keeper in the world. Well, all the English think that so it must be true.
Did hear some commentary...."a largely forgettable game"

We know what Roy will bring to England but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

bill taylors apprentice

I gave up years ago, there is little or no joy following the national team.
I hadn't watched a match since the S Africa world cup,  I did make the mistake of watching the game against Italy in the euros, it was so painful it quickly put me back on the straight and narrow.

ScalleysDad

We've done this one before but for whatever reason Team Engerland are still not inspiring the youngsters. No one clocked off early today and there was a full turn out at training for which some would have left home at 5ish. The game, the score and last nights fiasco were barely mentioned and one of the dads came back from the pub early as it was nearly empty much to the landlords annoyance. Wheres the next Gascoigne going to come from ??

alfie

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 17, 2012, 08:22:21 PM
We've done this one before but for whatever reason Team Engerland are still not inspiring the youngsters. No one clocked off early today and there was a full turn out at training for which some would have left home at 5ish. The game, the score and last nights fiasco were barely mentioned and one of the dads came back from the pub early as it was nearly empty much to the landlords annoyance. Wheres the next Gascoigne going to come from ??

Quite simply if all our premiership clubs would stop buying in foreign players then maybe our youngsters will get a better shot at it, look at Fulham now days how many English players do we have, compared to say 10 years ago.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Got a point.

I'm happy with that.

Roy's teams have never been the most expansive away...!

sipwell

Quote from: alfie on October 17, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Quite simply if all our premiership clubs would stop buying in foreign players then maybe our youngsters will get a better shot at it, look at Fulham now days how many English players do we have, compared to say 10 years ago.

And where you any good ten years ago?

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: sipwell on October 17, 2012, 08:51:04 PM

I, Mr Sipwell was a legend. A sublime first touch, a net breaker of a shot and thirty yard passes to feet weighted perfectly. A 90 minute engine, a shockingly controlled mop of hair and I hardly broke into a sweat. Out of the bathroom of course the legendary staus is shattered by reality although I can still win crossbar challenge most of the time .................

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 17, 2012, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: sipwell on October 17, 2012, 08:51:04 PM

I, Mr Sipwell was a legend. A sublime first touch, a net breaker of a shot and thirty yard passes to feet weighted perfectly. A 90 minute engine, a shockingly controlled mop of hair and I hardly broke into a sweat. Out of the bathroom of course the legendary staus is shattered by reality although I can still win crossbar challenge most of the time .................

What a picture that has painted.  :005:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jazz hardrockin

[/quote

If EPL stop buying as you suggested then will be no more football as you know it in England.No excitement and no attraction to a world audience.No shirt selling...lol...and no money from TV
But don't listen to me...just go back in history maybe 20 years ago, just before the prem started and tell me more about England success on the football pitch...i might have missed it...lol
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

jazz hardrockin

England lacked confidence, with Rooney's ineptitude causing problems. He is such an important player for England and when he is as off his game as he was here, it has a massive impact on the team.
064.gif

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219147/Poland-1-England-1-Match-report.html#ixzz29cYemDGJ

See,this is the problem for England,when you build a team around a mug like Shrek.Everyone seems to believe he is a massive player but in reality he is average at best,never mind world class...despicable...
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

alfie

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on October 18, 2012, 04:34:33 AM

[/quote

If EPL stop buying as you suggested then will be no more football as you know it in England.No excitement and no attraction to a world audience.No shirt selling...lol...and no money from TV
But don't listen to me...just go back in history maybe 20 years ago, just before the prem started and tell me more about England success on the football pitch...i might have missed it...lol

Interesting comment that, so we just take in all the foreign players, get them playing better standard of football, then for internationals they go  and play for their countries and we are left with overage average players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

God The Mechanic

Buying quality foreign players doesn't have an impact on young players here.  There isn't a skill quota that all the foreign players are using up - if there's an English kid who is good enough he'll be given a chance.  It's just that there aren't that many who are that good.

That and the fact that moving an extra place up the league has crazy financial benefits, so clubs aren't always willing to take the risk on young players.  But that applies to young English and non-English players equally.

cottage cheese

the problem is that money is being splashed out for the "top" mega rich english players of today. I mean look at that stupid st Georges training park....all that money spent so that the current english team have a place to train. That is why we are so dire as the current english have everything given to them, there is no desire no passion no real work rate. Its a jolly at times. They no that they will still be paid every friday (and after every game with England) regardless of how they played and result.

Untill this ethos and attitude changes then we will continue seeing these dire performances. The new training ground has only allowed the u21/seniors to just show up intheir flash cars and have a jolly. No real good will come from this, trust me.

jarv

Days of old are gone forever. I remember my first visit to Wembley to watch England, incredible game, incredible standard of football and incredible players. (the 60's of course).

I, even though a Scot, went many times, as often as I could because it was a Wednesday match and I played every Saturday which limited trips to the cottage. The entertainment value was huge.

Fast forward to the 80s and football hooligans etc. The football was dire (yes in Division 1). Attendances were dropping everywhere and something had to be done. The premier division was created soon after. If you look at English players today, most seem a bit robotic and without the continentals, I suspect we would be back in the 80s in terms of talent.

England does have successions of decent talent but only a few at a time. What is needed is a whole team's worth. How is the problem solved? Who knows but be warned, if more top level players are not on the production line, England could turn into Scotland.

In the meantime, do not expect to be entertained. The quality of talent is not good enough but England does have a talent for organisation in it's backroom  and coaching staff, beyond that?.... :55: