more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Started by Azeedo, October 20, 2012, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

theotherdembele

Its been a while since we had a direct winger with real explosive pace.

Lighthouse

Don't agree Sidwell was poor. Look at his stats and he played well enough. Two full backs were huge today. Great subs (not something I often say) and our new Iranian looks the business. We missed Duff early and Rodders is better inside than playing wide. Not convinced that Petric and Berbatov work together.

Odd match and one we deserved to win. The chances we created deserved better.

Well done Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Snibbo

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 20, 2012, 05:07:07 PM
Don't agree Sidwell was poor. Look at his stats and he played well enough. Two full backs were huge today. Great subs (not something I often say) and our new Iranian looks the business. We missed Duff early and Rodders is better inside than playing wide. Not convinced that Petric and Berbatov work together.

Odd match and one we deserved to win. The chances we created deserved better.

Well done Fulham.
Yes, but equally we could have lost it quite easily. Holman caused us all sorts of trouble down their right. Duffer would have quietened him down perhaps.

NogoodBoyo

Diarra's fitness is the clue to our form this season.  Sidwell didn't play nearly as badly as people made out.  He was first to so many balls and broke up their attacks time and time again.  His distribution wasn't too good.  That's why I don't like to see him and Baird together in midfield.
Wingers.  Duff, Kaca, Frei, now the Iranian.  This is clearly the direction Jol wants us to take.  Get the ball wide and fire it in.  
However, with Berbatov fed by Diarra or some other Murphy replacement, we still have the option of taking it fast and straight up the middle.
This team is only just beginning to play together.
Nogood "high hopes, itis" Boyo

Mr Fulham

Quote from: theotherdembele on October 20, 2012, 05:04:53 PM
Its been a while since we had a direct winger with real explosive pace.
Kaca and Frei.

cmg

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 20, 2012, 05:11:33 PM
Diarra's fitness is the clue to our form this season.  Sidwell didn't play nearly as badly as people made out.  He was first to so many balls and broke up their attacks time and time again.  His distribution wasn't too good.  That's why I don't like to see him and Baird together in midfield.
Wingers.  Duff, Kaca, Frei, now the Iranian.  This is clearly the direction Jol wants us to take.  Get the ball wide and fire it in.  
However, with Berbatov fed by Diarra or some other Murphy replacement, we still have the option of taking it fast and straight up the middle.
This team is only just beginning to play together.
Nogood "high hopes, itis" Boyo

Almost exactly how I saw it.

By coming on as sub Diarra illustrated exactly how valuable he is. An absolute diamond - we must pray that he keeps fit and lives forever (which he has already made a good stab at).

Sidwell will, from some quarters, collect his traditional and undeserved slagging off. He does his best, is decent defensively but is simply too limited to be an ideal Premiership mid. He ain't going to turn into Xabi Alonso overnight and when paired with another limited player like Baird, we just don't have enough midfield creativity. Diarra provides the class.

The two full-backs were excellent today.

What you say about wingers is also very true. Given that, it was strange that we didn't start with any of the four. Dejagah's appearance showed that this is going to be a hotly contested position in future.
We played some pretty stuff today but lacked a cutting edge and I wonder if Rodellega's lack of finishing will mean he is difficult to fit in.

Getting the right end of one-goal results is the key to success at this level (there aren't many 'laughers') and we have much to look forward to.

Congratulations to Bairdinho on his goal. Was it a fine piece of opportunism from a poor corner; or was it a well-worked move?

Mr Fulham

To compare Baird and Sidwell in terms of their footballing ability is ridiculous.

Sidwell is very limited indeed. Does his defensive job, but looses balls, runs into trouble too often and does those ridiculous sliding tackles all over the place. But the most important thing is that his first touch is pretty awful.

Baird on the other hand is so underrated in that midfield slot, and always has been. He's not as glossy as Dembele or Diarra, but he does his job and his passing/footballing ability is sublime.

I like Sidwell, but Baird is the man to partner Diarra in the next few months.

daib0

Wow, up to 8th... That already makes us - Reading - nervous for next week. We're not getting outplayed as such, but we're simply not competing sufficiently.
Anyway, I'll be in touch in a few days to sound you out for next weekend, if you don't mind. Enjoys your pints tonight guys ...

daib0 (David)
Reading fan 'in peace'
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com