https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arsenal v Fulham match thread

Started by The King, November 10, 2012, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: cebu on November 10, 2012, 05:05:10 PM
Schwarzer out ... bring on Stockdale!    :011:   oztralian
I believe that is the first  time he has saved a penalty for us, I might be wrong but what a time to do and in style too!!!

MJG

Schwarzer out ... bring on Stockdale!    :011:   oztralian
Great save for the penalty but shall we talk about his roll out to Brede in the last ten minutes?

rusty shackleford

Quote from: epsomraver on November 10, 2012, 05:15:10 PM
Schwarzer out ... bring on Stockdale!    :011:   oztralian
I believe that is the first  time he has saved a penalty for us, I might be wrong but what a time to do and in style too!!!

Off the top of my head Roma

But there must be another Prem one?

FFCfan

Great game, could have gone both ways. Is dowd an arsenal fan or what? we need to sort out defense its all the same mistakes nothing new. Well the new was our player passing the ball back to arsenal players go figure. Overall very pleased with point.  I must beat Sunderland and bag 3 points next weekend.

Lighthouse

On the BBC TV they made a point about what is handball? Nobody thought it was a pen. Have to say the ref was like our defence. Good moments but some awful decisions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bugsy

Quote from: grandad on November 10, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
What a great game. Fully deserved point. Ruiz MOM with his best game for us. Schwarzer the hero inspite of his poor distribution. Berba pure class & must rank as one of our finest signings.
17 points from last 17 away games isn´t bad at all.
We are the most exciting team to watch now.
BUT please, please Jol sort out our central defence.
Good post.  For the first time in many years we are questioning our defense which means we're scoring goals.  No doubt we need another CB  (sorry Aaron) and even a LB.  BUT the midfield have to get back. Too often today we had 3 on 3 and 3 on 4.
Despite all that....Fulham's place as a premiership side has taken a very different turn to what we are used to.  No more looking behind at the cut off line for relagation......at least for a good while.  
COYW!!!

FFCfan

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM
On the BBC TV they made a point about what is handball? Nobody thought it was a pen. Have to say the ref was like our defence. Good moments but some awful decisions.

Well they got it just right!!!!

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM

For a handball infraction to be called, a player must deliberately handle the ball with their hand or arm. A referee must determine if the player intentionally handled the ball. Nowhere in the FIFA Laws of the Game does it state that an unintentional handling of the ball is an infraction.
Dowd did indicate that Baird moved his arm to the ball, too quick to see, will make good viewing on match of the day.

NogoodBoyo

I've already watched it countless times on widescreen HD, Epsom.  If Dowd motioned that Baird moved his arm towards the ball, that would be strange.  Riether was the man adjudged to have moved his elbow away from his side for the ball to hit it.  The ball was whipped in at him from a yard away.  He was actually trying to keep his arms straight by his sidebut he turned a little and his elbow did come out a few inches.  It was not a voluntary movement.  It shouldn't have been a penalty.
I believe Barid was booked for over-zealous lobbying.
Nogood "penalising the little German, isit" Boyo

MasterHaynes

Dowd made the motion that Baird had moved his arm to ball after he waved the players away and walked across to the spot. I was there just to the left of the goal four rows back and he carried on a conversation with the Arsenal players to convince everyone he saw something that only the nut case fans thought was a penaly. Most of those sitting around me half heartedly appealed and some even said they were lucky to get it

FC Silver Fox

Just to speak up for the ref: Despite the awful penalty decision I'm just glad he thought again about giving Sidwell a 2nd yellow card for an innocuous challenge. If we'd been down to 10 men, it might have been a different story. He had the courage to think again and change his mind to the correct decision. Pity he didn't do the same thing for the penalty.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

bugsy

...and Ramseys 2nd "innocuous challenge"? 

Travers Barney

Quote from: bugsy on November 10, 2012, 08:36:12 PM
...and Ramseys 2nd "innocuous challenge"? 
He levelled that one out like he did for the Pen?

coyw
We are the whites