Main Menu

Arsenal v Fulham match thread

Started by The King, November 10, 2012, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesedmedia

Serves them right. COYW what a game!

MJG

PokerMatt

DOWD CAN'T CHEAT US OUT OF THAT! TAKE THAT!
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Horse

Haha what a game. Feels like a win.

TKFJ_FFC

Time to buy a CB. Our marking is beyond poor.

Another away match we could have had all 3, I'll take the point.

Need to address the defense.

PokerMatt

That is a terrible penalty decision. What a bottler. WHAT a save.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

theofulham

my dad, brother and sister are all Arsenal fans, you cannot imagine how important this result is for me! yee-haw!

Lighthouse

After the two away games we should have won and after the last two games, lucky last week and the ref tried to cheat us this week I guess it evens itself out.,

Awful defence and Ruiz great but then passes the ball to give them the chance in the last minute. We tried our best to give this away but what a great game. Thrilled with the game but oh for the defence to return to form.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The King

What the hell was Ruiz thinking when he passed the ball to Arshavin? What the hell was Dowd thinking when he awarded the penalty? Glad Schwarzer saved it.

grandad

What a great game. Fully deserved point. Ruiz MOM with his best game for us. Schwarzer the hero inspite of his poor distribution. Berba pure class & must rank as one of our finest signings.
17 points from last 17 away games isn´t bad at all.
We are the most exciting team to watch now.
BUT please, please Jol sort out our central defence.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

I wonder if Dowd would have given that at the other end with about 30 seconds to go? He was flapping his arm like a duck after the decision as if he was convincing himself that the decision was correct !

Against a backdrop of the FirstRow commentary of Mc Manaman (who was probably wearing an Arsenal scarf) it's sometimes difficult not to be paranoid if you're of the Black and White persuasion......

But what a game by Ruiz...and of course Schwartzer who earned his week's wages in that one dive (which took place after the 94 minutes was up!!!).

cebu

Schwarzer out ... bring on Stockdale!    :011:   oztralian

FC Silver Fox

My nerves are shot to threads. What a game. We well deserved a draw and could even argue for the 3 points.
Well played, lads
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

H3Matt

Treating today like a win! Expecting us to be game of the day and first on MoTD! Off out to get some beers to enjoy the rest of the weekend now.

It's always a good weekend when Fulham win/draw and QPR lose. It's even better when we grab a 3-3 draw at Arsenal and QPR are STILL bottom of the league!  :011:

Horse

Quote from: theofulham on November 10, 2012, 05:00:51 PM
my dad, brother and sister are all Arsenal fans, you cannot imagine how important this result is for me! yee-haw!

To be fair Arsenal showed great spirit to come from behind and nick a point.

Azeedo

Ruiz always does well against Arsenal

Bryanthebroom

What a game. With attacking performances like that we should be pushing for that fourth champions league spot. Think our defensive frailties were obvious but man, that was entertainment.

...and Ruiz actually learned to dribble without getting caught on the ball!

west kowloon white

Horse

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on November 10, 2012, 05:10:18 PM
What a game. With attacking performances like that we should be pushing for that fourth champions league spot. Think our defensive frailties were obvious but man, that was entertainment.

...and Ruiz actually learned to dribble without getting caught on the ball!

I reckon we are a player or two away from competing for a top 6 spot, but it's our midfield that is the problem. We need guys who can collect and hold the ball in midfield under pressure and rack up free kicks. Teams put pressure on our midfield and we end up losing possession constantly. Any defence that is under so much pressure will crack.