watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Richardson

Started by dannydog, October 20, 2012, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannydog

Rubbish against Wet spam, looked good when he came on at Southampton but was truly awful today. Seemed to keep on giving the ball away and was on a different wavelength to his team mates.

A Humble Man

I thought everyone played well today apart from Sidwell whose control of the ball is so poor he was nearly dispossessed every time he got the ball. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

I think It's harsh to say Richardson was poor but he certainly didn't do enough to say he should start.over Kacaniklic at Reading

ffc73

My opinion is that Richardson is a good squad player for us but we have better starting options

Clearly Jol did not agree today and he is the manager not me

Reading is another day

EJL

Whenever Berbatov would play him the ball, looking for a return pass, he would play it back to the place Berba had just run from. Add to that, he never wanted to take his man on.

Riverside

Still see him playing away games as is a good defensive option. But for the home games ( that would have included today  ) would prefer Kaca or Frei .

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Didn't he say he no longer liked playing on the wing ?? Perhaps he was due to play elsewhere and was only drafted in on the wing at the last moment because Duff was sick ??
He was a black Cat for five years, he was used to playing a certain way at left back ?
It will take him a little while  get comfortable, he is a good player   

Herbie

Quote from: dannydog on October 20, 2012, 08:24:45 PM
Rubbish against Wet spam, looked good when he came on at Southampton but was truly awful today. Seemed to keep on giving the ball away and was on a different wavelength to his team mates.

Truly awful is a tad harsh, but I totally agree about being on a different wavelength with team mates.  There were a few frustrating break downs of play due to misunderstandings.  However, the good news is that understanding will come with time.  I think he's shown glimpses of what Jol saw in him to bring him to the cottage. 

nose

richardson would do better to concentrate on getting the basics right and doing that. He lapsed into trying to be too flashy. I am sure he is quite a good player but needs to just stay focused.

Jack Fulham

thought he looked okay, lost possession in dangerous position in the first half. Should of really scored early on but was a good save by Guzan. Would prefer Kaca next game though.

Burt

Thought Richardson was a bit lightweight to be honest, but he did get in to a good position in the first half and only a good save from Guzan stopped him scoring.

CanadianCottager

He's quick, strong and knows where to position himself but he's far from bedded in with the team yet. Take advantage of his pace to use him as an impact substitute, as he gets used to his surroundings he may well earn a spot in the first XI

St Eve

He is not good enough and now there are 4 or 5 players ahead of him.

bigalffc

needs to be given more time
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Azeedo

I'm just happy Ruiz is not in the mix lol

AlFayedsChequebook

I thought he was decent in the first half and combined well with Riise. We gave Villa a torrid time down their right thanks to both this work and Riise's.

In the second half he tailed off and I was happy to see him replaced, but he certainly adds value to the team.

RaySmith

I thought he did reasonably well. He is a good player, but needs a chance to settle in.

Even Jol doesn't know his best line-up yet, or how each player will be used in team and squad.

epsomraver

From where I sat he was poor, worst player on the pitch and should have been subbed at half time, he really was not with it.

H3Matt

From what I understand, Jol wants to play him down the centre more. He doesn't really look comfortable on the wing, reminds me of Ruiz when Jol played him on the right. Perhaps Jol played him there due to lack of options? Still wondering why Kaka didn't get a minute in....hopefully he'll start against Reading. His partnership with Riise on the left has been brilliant and he delivers some great crosses to Dimi.

filham

Quote from: bigalffc on October 21, 2012, 09:10:09 PM
needs to be given more time
Of course he needs more time but at the moment he is looking like a poor man's Dempsey.