News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoF meet up....California style - Photo included!

Started by RidgeRider, October 21, 2012, 05:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

On Friday afternoon there was a 'meet up' in San Francisco with three of Northern California's FoFers and one well known South Texas FoFer who was in town for a wedding up in Napa and the catalyst for the lunch.

We met at Pier 23, which is an old bar and restaurant in San Francisco. We had a table on the deck in the back of the restaurant and sits atop the Bay with lovely view. It is right next door to the center of the America's Cup building that is under construction.

When I got there HatterDon, Mrs. HatterDon and Misfitkid were already there. It was sort of strange to finally meet in person people you feel like you already know and we got on with breaking the ice very quickly.

We had no idea the University of California at Berkley was having an alumni luncheon to get ready for the "big game" that was to take place between Cal and Stanford the following day, and before we knew it we were surrounded by the Cal marching band....and I do mean surrounded!!!

After about 20 minutes or so and 5 or 6 songs, the band finally moved on and the ears began their work to repair themselves from the very loud but fun spectacle we witnessed, really before we even got into any kind of a rythym in our lunch meeting.

Nevster finally showed up...he was our host....briefcase in tow and dressed like you would expect an attorney to be on Friday afternoon.

The weather was typically San Francisco with the sun in the far off distance and overcast and almost wet fog/clouds overhead but...hey that's San Francisco...it had been sunny and 80 the two previous days but that how it goes there.

We had a great time and found out some points of connection. Nevster and I attended the same University (he for law school and I for undergrad). Misfitkid, Nevster and myself had all spent far too much time at my favorite pub at University and even stranger the three of us all lived in basically the same area in three consecutive towns. We also know Nevster will be visiting a brothel soon :).....well former brothel!

Anyway, we had a great time and it was fun to meet them all.

Just know that HatterDon is as much fun to talk in person as he appears to be on the board and he for sure married well above himself with Mrs. HatterDon, as she was a lovely as she could be. I would have loved to spend the day with the two of them cruising around San Francisco. I hope they had a great time and will report back on their day and weekend.

Mrs. HatterDon has a photo of the 5 of us that I hope we can post on here to share with you all.

For all you FoFers out there, know that the California FoFers group is bunch of passionate fans and a nicer group of fellas as you'll find anywhere and HatterDon is the real deal.

COYW!!

Burt

Nice one!

Next time I am out there I'll let you know.

Mine will be an In 'n' Out burger and shake  :dft011:

God The Mechanic

Was in hat part of California last year - really, really nice place.  Stayed in Napa too, which was just crazy chilled out.  Drove from Vegas too, and seriously the scenery from LV to Napa was just glorious - went through Yosemite and would seriously do it at every possible opportunity.

McBridefan1

You know I make fun of you leftcoasters as loonies... but you're all crazy like the proverbial fox. Sounds like a great place to be from, and hanging with hatty D sounds like fun to me.  082.gif Cheers to you boys. I have to round up my New England brothers soon.

alexbishop

I visited San Francisco in June this year. Was very lucky with the weather, bright sunshine, 25-30 degrees celsius and no fog in sight until my last day there.

Wonderful city and people altho the volume of homeless people was a shock to the system at first.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Scrumpy

There was a time when we would have celebrated a 'supporters club' in Carshalton, let alone California! So it is fantastic to hear that you guys have got together on the other side of the world to celebrate the Fulham connection. It's all too easy to sit behind a computer terminal and do b*gger-all. So hats off to all of you for making the effort.

Very much look forward to seeing the mug shots photos.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jarv

Nice. I hope to make it there one day. In the meantime, any Boston based  supporters out there.  ?

If any, I would be up for a beer or two.

LBNo11

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 21, 2012, 10:18:45 PM
There was a time when we would have celebrated a 'supporters club' in Carshalton, let alone California! So it is fantastic to hear that you guys have got together on the other side of the world to celebrate the Fulham connection. It's all too easy to sit behind a computer terminal and do b*gger-all. So hats off to all of you for making the effort.

Very much look forward to seeing the mug shots photos.

...echo that Scrumpy, how our fortunes have changed, and there is only one man who has made it all possible to make us an internationally recognised team. Well done to those who spent their free time on the other side of an ocean with a common faith...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

f5shooter

Any time any FOF'ers are here in Orlando... let me know.  Send the wife and kids to Disney, and we'll hit St. Andrews.  A great local British pub to watch the games and the beers are on me!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: f5shooter on October 22, 2012, 02:36:48 AM
Any time any FOF'ers are here in Orlando... let me know.  Send the wife and kids to Disney, and we'll hit St. Andrews.  A great local British pub to watch the games and the beers are on me!

Was there a month or so ago!  Nice area, bit warm for my liking though ;)

NogoodBoyo

Every time I see the name, "God the Mechanic" I think of Tommy Two Sheds.  Two splendidly original handles if you ask me. What's that?  You didn't?  Didn't what?  Ask me?  Oh well, lets get back to talking line-ups and Schwartzer vs Stockdale. 
Nogood "not much said about them of late, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

And whatever happened to Tommy Two Sheds?  He didn't last long.  Too much shed maintenance perhaps?
Nogood "shedding Tommy Two Sheds, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

still in the Bay Area after a wedding in Napa last night. I'll be back to bothering you lot by Wednesday at the latest.

It was, indeed, a wonderful meeting and a tremendous amount of fun. If this thread results in more Fulham gatherings elsewhere in the world as time unfolds, then that's a good thing.

We hope to have the picture on Facebook in a few days, and I'll notify El Bee where to find it so he can append it to this thread. Technically hopeless me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

costarican white

Quote from: HatterDon on October 22, 2012, 04:31:34 PM
still in the Bay Area after a wedding in Napa last night. I'll be back to bothering you lot by Wednesday at the latest.

It was, indeed, a wonderful meeting and a tremendous amount of fun. If this thread results in more Fulham gatherings elsewhere in the world as time unfolds, then that's a good thing.

We hope to have the picture on Facebook in a few days, and I'll notify El Bee where to find it so he can append it to this thread. Technically hopeless me.

Good, I miss your reports. Don't do it again ;P
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

MasterHaynes

Is that the one in Altamonte springs? I have a place down in davenport area, maybe travelling out end of November but not sure of my plans yet.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on October 22, 2012, 04:31:34 PM

Have a safe flight back to SA! Can't wait to see the photo of our group.

MisfitKid

Jack - I couldn't have said it better myself.  Great to meet you!
And to see Don, MaryLou & Nev, it was a great time.

If any of the other FOF'ers come to visit the second most beautiful city in the world...  :dft012:  Let us know.

PS- Burt, I grew up on Double Doubles, next time you're here I'll buy.
Also next time order the Neopolitan Shake (secret menu).   :004:

Ken
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

SoCalJoe

:clap_hands:  Great read RR, surreal that the Cal marching band was there.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

f5shooter

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 22, 2012, 05:23:14 PM
Is that the one in Altamonte springs? I have a place down in davenport area, maybe travelling out end of November but not sure of my plans yet.

Yes sir, that's the one.  A house that they have converted into a pub.

btings

Sorry to miss it! (I was in Seattle at the end of last week for work.)