https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who to sign in January?

Started by DiegoFulham, October 21, 2012, 10:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Jack Fulham

Wish we signed Granero in the summer. Hoping we get a new centre mid, preferably a young one.

Admin

I recon we'll be back in for Douglas. From what I've heard, Hangeland is the latest player to be unsettled and could leave in the summer.

NogoodBoyo

SP

I'm getting concerned David Hamilton's contract expires at the end of the season & there's still no sign of a replacement. Another ageing star lost to QPR?

itombomb

Two CMs, one to start and one younger one to develop.

If Hangeland is going to go then we should take the opportunity to pick up a replacement if one is available.

ToodlesMcToot

At least one CM starter candidate (will immediately push the incumbents). A CB (Douglas, please). Also a RB (if there are no plans to sign Riether permanently).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Walsh

IN:

CB -- Douglas

CM -- Sebastian Rudy

CM -- Radja Nainggolan

OUT:

RW/LW: Simon Davies

I really do see something in Sebastian Rudy (if only I could get Jol to set a scout on him) and think he will be a popular player soon.

Radja Nainggolan is a player who can hold his own in midfielder, not the tallest midfielder but height shouldn't really be a huge issue in midfield.

Simon Davies out... it upsets me to say but I just hate to see such a talent left out of the squad week in week out... he is not needed at Fulham but I'm pretty sure he could be used at a smaller club.

MJG

A CM aged 26/27 or below and a CB if it looks like Brede is going. I'm still going to say Mark Davies from Bolton would be a decent buy, but I suspect some on here will just say (championship player no thanks)

mickybrown100

Definitely a CM, purely because Sidwell is not the best, and I don't think a Baird and Diarra combo will work, it's too defensive, but you never know. Maybe go for an out of favour player from a bigger club, or someone slightly younger from the championship.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2012, 07:05:15 AM
A CM aged 26/27 or below and a CB if it looks like Brede is going. I'm still going to say Mark Davies from Bolton would be a decent buy, but I suspect some on here will just say (championship player no thanks)

Think he would get straight into the first team and make an impact. astute signing fa sho

JackyFulham90

I think Jol will bring in players from the German or Dutch leagues or maybe a former player like Huddlestone?

AlFayedsChequebook

One first team CM is a must.

Probably another younger CM too.

Don't think we need much else really, only a CB if Hangeland is flogged.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

TonyGilroy

How about no one?

Let Jol's new signings bed in and give the better kids a chance.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2012, 09:19:27 AM

How about no one?

Do you really think that our CM's are good enough? Diarra is class but we are desperate for another quality CM.

The villa game highlighted this well I think - we were the better side but really struggled to hold onto the ball through the middle till Diarra came on.

TonyGilroy

If a truly class midfielder were available fair enough but they're at a premium price in January.

We certainly need Diarra but can't see us getting a deputy of anything approaching his class.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2012, 09:27:55 AM

If a truly class midfielder were available fair enough but they're at a premium price in January.

We certainly need Diarra but can't see us getting a deputy of anything approaching his class.

People constantly talk about the January premium and whilst you can certainly overpay I think it is overblown.

Clubs are perfectly able to purchase good players in January for reasonable prices - We signed Hangeland, the Pog and Dempsey for peanuts and other clubs have signed the likes of Papiss Cisse for perfectly reasonable amounts. The other advantage is that the player brought in gets an additional 6 months to get used to the pace and physicality of the premier league.

I certainly think the ability to be ripped off increases because some clubs are desperate, but that is more down to buyer error and desperation than sky high prices.

It is unfortunate that we do not have a young CM the calibre of Kaca or Frei because they would be getting their chance now, no doubt. But my real fear is Diarra getting injured again and having to finish the season with a midfield two of Sidwell and Baird. I think they are both valuable squad players, but objectively I cannot see past them as a relegation standard midfield.

We are blessed with talent all over the park so relegation should not be an issue, but a CM combo of Baird and Sidwell holds Fulham back from their true potential IMO.

Rupert

Quote from: SP on October 21, 2012, 11:34:38 PM
I'm getting concerned David Hamilton's contract expires at the end of the season & there's still no sign of a replacement. Another ageing star lost to QPR?

Diddy to QPR? No! Say it ain't so!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I have to agree with AFC, bargains are available in January, just look at anyone with six months left on his contract and a club desperate to get something for him.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

AllyWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2012, 09:19:27 AM

How about no one?

Invalid as Jol did state that he was left short on time during the transfer window and weren't able to cover the losses of the Dems. Hence, I'd say bring in at the very least a CM.