https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good to be back

Started by e4b, October 22, 2012, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 08:32:10 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on October 23, 2012, 08:05:52 AM
If you only lived in France how come you did not come for matches anyway.  If I lived in Australia I would come back for at least six games a season.  If I lived in France I would keep my season ticket use it every game and still go to some away games.

There are many degrees of love of your Club.

What do we all think? Another troll? Or simply an idiot?

This makes it sound like the "humble" chap comes from the same stable as that Leeds fan, on the social but goes (or went, in the Leeds fan's case, for the next couple of months at least) to every match, because clearly financial reality and plain old sanity doesn't come into the equation.

Welcome back, e4b, the furthest I was ever from Fulham was a six month spell in East Anglia, and I sure as hell couldn't afford to go to every game from there, so France must have been even more fun. Jol is possibly putting even more Fulhamish into Fulham, not the other way round, going by some of our performances.
Other than on telly, when was the last time you saw the ground? You might be in for a very pleasant surprise on your first visit back, how much the character of the place has been retained, despite the extensive, and much needed, modifications.

Give up booze and fags and it is amazing how much more you can afford.  it is all about priorities all I am trying to say it is only Death that will keep me from the Cottage.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 23, 2012, 12:00:29 PM
Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 08:32:10 AM
If you only lived in France how come you did not come for matches anyway.  If I lived in Australia I would come back for at least six games a season.  If I lived in France I would keep my season ticket use it every game and still go to some away games.

What do we all think? Another troll? Or simply an idiot?

This makes it sound like the "humble" chap comes from the same stable as that Leeds fan, on the social but goes (or went, in the Leeds fan's case, for the next couple of months at least) to every match, because clearly financial reality and plain old sanity doesn't come into the equation.

Welcome back, e4b, the furthest I was ever from Fulham was a six month spell in East Anglia, and I sure as hell couldn't afford to go to every game from there, so France must have been even more fun. Jol is possibly putting even more Fulhamish into Fulham, not the other way round, going by some of our performances.
Other than on telly, when was the last time you saw the ground? You might be in for a very pleasant surprise on your first visit back, how much the character of the place has been retained, despite the extensive, and much needed, modifications.

Give up booze and fags and it is amazing how much more you can afford.  it is all about priorities all I am trying to say it is only Death that will keep me form the Cottage.

Sounds like that's a possibility.  :005:

e4b

should have given up sex as well.unfortunatly i didnt so had a family to support they are MY PRIORITY

LBNo11

...to A Humble Man aka Mr BP aka Mr Bombastic Plastic etc., Nobody should have to justify their level of commitment to their following and support of Fulham Football Club, the fact that they do follow the club is wonderful and any level of financial commitment within their means is a bonus.

I know that you and your family have a long history of dedication to the club, but you must realize that everyone is different, your response borders on your being supercilious and obsessive...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rupert

Quote from: e4b on October 23, 2012, 11:33:50 AM
god only just got back and look what i have started!CALM DOWN one and all

No, you haven't started anything, don't worry about it.

The exchanges between me and Tony are tongue in cheek (well, they are on my part and I hope so from him too or I'm so far up the creek, you wouldn't believe it  :002:).
The troll part comes from a mini-invasion on here of the species since another site closed. They seem to be slowly starving to death.

The bloke who slagged you off for not spending you whole life at the Cottage- well, you have already formed your own opinion of him, enough said. Hey, he accused me of being an American, hence my avatar tag, so you got off lightly (ooh, that will set Brother Johnathan off, when's Hatter Don back on line?).

Please enjoy your time here and you'll soon get into the banter.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

jarv

Dukes Head? Nice place, used to be my local when I lived in Putney. Happy days. :dft009:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
The exchanges between me and Tony are tongue in cheek (well, they are on my part and I hope so from him too or I'm so far up the creek, you wouldn't believe it  :002:).

You're calling off the goons? I can come out of hiding? You can be trusted?

Rupert

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 23, 2012, 02:54:42 PM
Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 12:47:03 PM

You're calling off the goons? I can come out of hiding? You can be trusted?

Yes, yes and no, I wouldn't go that far.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

A Humble Man

Love should keep us together.  Should I change my name to "A Supercilious Man" .  When our children were young we were not able to go as often as we would have liked so I know all about priorities.

I always turned down jobs abroad, probably to my financial loss, as I could not bear to miss watching Fulham live even in its lowest depths of despair.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Adam87

Wasnt there a young australian kid who you to come over every 2 weeks for home matches and was highlighted in fulltime a few seasons ago?

King_Crud

Quote from: Adam87 on October 23, 2012, 03:48:09 PM
Wasnt there a young australian kid who you to come over every 2 weeks for home matches and was highlighted in fulltime a few seasons ago?

Australia? Really? I'm originally from Australia and couldn't imagine doing the flight more than once a year, let alone every two weeks. And what about the cost and time?

King_Crud

Quote from: leonffc on October 23, 2012, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on October 23, 2012, 09:15:29 AM
Quote from: leonffc on October 22, 2012, 08:18:24 PM
Welcome e4b. Lots of people on here drink in the Low Country at the bottom of the Fulham Rd / Fulham Palace Rd. Not sure you'll get a decent ale in there though, maybe the Bricklayers would be more your liking (although I've heard that's gone down hill of late).  

I haven't noticed any difference, what's been said to you?

Just a passing comment that someone didn't bother with it as its not as busy / good anymore. A lot of the younger lads have moved on and some of the beers had gone too.
Don't read too much in to it. I can't even remember who said it now (or if the beers bit is true). I'd had a few by then.
I haven't been in there for a while but always liked it.

Yeah not noticed anything different to be honest. I only drink there pre-game though, might be different at other times

keith

e4b as in "E for B and Stevie Earle" I presume?.

e4b

e4b

sorry about the typo silver fox

keith

Great chant that.Originated from the Advert starring George Best i think?.A slogan which was somethink like Eggs For Breakfast And Georgie Best. Good "Handle" for on here Sir.

e4b

thank you kindly sir,and a big thanks to all who have made me feel so welcom

Fernhurst

If you only lived in France how come you did not come for matches anyway.  If I lived in Australia I would come back for at least six games a season.  If I lived in France I would keep my season ticket use it every game and still go to some away games.

Not very umble.... man
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

leonffc

No, I think he was a student or just a kid travelling for a year or so and fell under the Fulham spell but had to go back when his visa ran out. I think!!
Wasn't he Tizzard or one of that bunch? I do remember who you mean though.

King_Crud

Quote from: leonffc on October 23, 2012, 10:30:40 PM

No, I think he was a student or just a kid travelling for a year or so and fell under the Fulham spell but had to go back when his visa ran out. I think!!
Wasn't he Tizzard or one of that bunch? I do remember who you mean though.

that would make a lot more sense