watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good to be back

Started by e4b, October 22, 2012, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e4b

After 15 years in France ime back in surrey.Having been forced to follow fulham via the web and sky(and fof of course)i have got a ticket for the everton match really excited   :yay Been a supporter since the late 60s and a regular in the 70s 80s and early 90s. Just 2 questions :which pub before the game(must sell a good bitter ive missed that as well)and is Jol(i like him)taking the Fulhamish out of Fulham

leonffc

Welcome e4b. Lots of people on here drink in the Low Country at the bottom of the Fulham Rd / Fulham Palace Rd. Not sure you'll get a decent ale in there though, maybe the Bricklayers would be more your liking (although I've heard that's gone down hill of late).
Anyway, they'll be a lot of us about if you fancy a pint or several

LBNo11

...welcome back to this Sceptred Isle e4b, in answer to the first question many of us now meet in a bar named 'Low Country' which welcomes Fulham fans - and gives a discount if you show your season ticket - however - they only serve lager beers.

In the days where I drank alcohol the best pubs were on the Putney side, The Half Moon, The Dukes Head, The Bricklayers Arms, The Coat and Badge and the Jolly Gardeners, all kept their beers well and had a good range from Youngs to Fullers and Sharp's (Doom Bar). The Eight Bells on the Fulham side is now largely an away pub...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

The Dukes Head (on the Putney side, a couple of minutes away from the bridge) is a Youngs pub and does a decent pint.

e4b

used to drink in the Dukes Head then stroll through the park.Might try that again.

grimmynz

Enjoy it Steve! (I know its you bro!) I'm jealous. Just make sure you get me a ticket when I come over next year.....

leonffc

Out of interest, why have you got an angry face next to your thread title?

e4b

because i am an idiot when it comes to computers.It was an accident.I am more than happy to be back and cant wait to be back at the cottage.           

A Humble Man

If you only lived in France how come you did not come for matches anyway.  If I lived in Australia I would come back for at least six games a season.  If I lived in France I would keep my season ticket use it every game and still go to some away games.

There are many degrees of love of your Club.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rupert

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 23, 2012, 08:05:52 AM
If you only lived in France how come you did not come for matches anyway.  If I lived in Australia I would come back for at least six games a season.  If I lived in France I would keep my season ticket use it every game and still go to some away games.

What do we all think? Another troll? Or simply an idiot?

This makes it sound like the "humble" chap comes from the same stable as that Leeds fan, on the social but goes (or went, in the Leeds fan's case, for the next couple of months at least) to every match, because clearly financial reality and plain old sanity doesn't come into the equation.

Welcome back, e4b, the furthest I was ever from Fulham was a six month spell in East Anglia, and I sure as hell couldn't afford to go to every game from there, so France must have been even more fun. Jol is possibly putting even more Fulhamish into Fulham, not the other way round, going by some of our performances.
Other than on telly, when was the last time you saw the ground? You might be in for a very pleasant surprise on your first visit back, how much the character of the place has been retained, despite the extensive, and much needed, modifications.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

e4b

Unfortunately we dont all earn as much as you obviously do.When i first moved to France i ran a small cafe in a small village,it was hard enough to pay the bills let alone the price of tickets plus airfare plus some one to run the cafe in my absence                                          Hi Rupert just seen your post ,good to see there are still some intelligent people in the world.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: e4b on October 23, 2012, 09:03:30 AM
Hi Rupert just seen your post ,good to see there are still some intelligent people in the world.

Good move.

Keep him sweet or he'll threaten to kill you.

Rupert

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 23, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Quote from: e4b on October 23, 2012, 09:03:30 AM
Hi Rupert just seen your post ,good to see there are still some intelligent people in the world.

Good move.

Keep him sweet or he'll threaten to kill you.

Blimey, don't some people hold a grudge, that was weeks ago!  :group hug:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

King_Crud

Quote from: leonffc on October 22, 2012, 08:18:24 PM
Welcome e4b. Lots of people on here drink in the Low Country at the bottom of the Fulham Rd / Fulham Palace Rd. Not sure you'll get a decent ale in there though, maybe the Bricklayers would be more your liking (although I've heard that's gone down hill of late).  

I haven't noticed any difference, what's been said to you?

King_Crud

Aren't you just amazing

FC Silver Fox

ou est-ce que tu as habité en France, e4b?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

leonffc

Quote from: King_Crud on October 23, 2012, 09:15:29 AM
Quote from: leonffc on October 22, 2012, 08:18:24 PM

I haven't noticed any difference, what's been said to you?

Just a passing comment that someone didn't bother with it as its not as busy / good anymore. A lot of the younger lads have moved on and some of the beers had gone too.
Don't read too much in to it. I can't even remember who said it now (or if the beers bit is true). I'd had a few by then.
I haven't been in there for a while but always liked it.

cebu

Quote from: Rupert on October 23, 2012, 08:32:10 AM

What do we all think? Another troll? Or simply an idiot?

"Another troll? Or simply an idiot?" - Dear Mr Rupert, I hope you remember that these are not mutually exclusive ...   :022:

e4b

salut LE RENARD D`ARGENT c`ete par loin d` ALBI dans l`AVEYRON

e4b

god only just got back and look what i have started!CALM DOWN one and all