watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oldest squad in the Prem - MOTD2

Started by Shredhead, October 22, 2012, 11:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

What did people think of the alternative table that MOTD2 showed at the end of the programme last night? The oldest 4 players to take the pitch at the weekend all came from Fulham.
I know lowering the age of the squad is part of Jol's 'mission', but we're doing alright on it, ain't we?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

JackyFulham90

We only have an older squad when you include Schwarzer & Karagounis as we actually have a decent mix of older and younger players if Jol plays Stockdale Dejagah Kacaniklic Rodallega they are all well under 30

Jambo

Quote from: Shredhead on October 22, 2012, 11:15:49 PM
What did people think of the alternative table that MOTD2 showed at the end of the programme last night? The oldest 4 players to take the pitch at the weekend all came from Fulham.
I know lowering the age of the squad is part of Jol's 'mission', but we're doing alright on it, ain't we?

We had the oldest starting 11.  The 4 players they showed were our 4 oldest players not the leagues.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ClarksOriginal

We may have one of the oldest squads, with some older players. But you can't have a team that will compete in the Premier League without a CORE of older players, which we have. Look at Man Utd & Chelsea, both have older players who are the core of the team... (Ferdinand, Lampard, Scholes etc) then they have younger flair players around them.

I'd rather we had an older core of players who can get us out of trouble, rather than be like Aston Villa whose team is made up of very young players and players with very little experience of the Prem.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Riverside

1) If we are winning I am not fussed how old the team is
2) Regardless if we compare to 12 months ago - when all the options seemed to be over 30.
Yes we still have the core of older players - the back 5 + Berba + Duff and the Ancient Greek ( I love that nickname - is there a chant for him yet ?) .
But also now 3 new signings in the mid 20s .
And a very exciting group coming up from the Academy.
Very good mix I think.

Burt

jarv

Losing the 2 dems and replacing them with 2 over 30s at the last minute didn't help Jol's plan. Nevertheless, the team is in good shape.