Main Menu

Football Manager 2013

Started by elgreenio, October 23, 2012, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

From the sounds of it the new game is a bit of a shambles :P

Mitch

I'm in. Just eyeing up my squad now.

So, elgreenio... who's worth fast tracking to the first team?

Cauley looks good. Was Patrick Roberts too young to be in the game? Can't see him.

First thing I've done is tied Elias to a new contract.

Oiseau

I bought my Dad (who's been going to Fulham matches since the 1950's but is fairly tech-friendly, i.e. he can use twitter and emails) Football Manager 2013 for his Birthday (at his request!)

Does anyone know of a useful guide/hints and tips for someone who is completely unfamiliar with the franchise?

This afternoon I set up the game for him (he's chosen to manage Millwall, I always manage Ipswich Town) and he's doing alright so far. I don't think I'm particular good at explaining the game because the way I learnt how to use FM was through trial and error (I can't play at the moment due to University comitments, though.) He's a little at sea with the game, nonetheless. Advice for the novice FM-player would really be appreciated.

SaltfordWhite

I still can't work out FM2011!

Mitch

Quote from: Oiseau on November 04, 2012, 05:20:46 PM
I bought my Dad (who's been going to Fulham matches since the 1950's but is fairly tech-friendly, i.e. he can use twitter and emails) Football Manager 2013 for his Birthday (at his request!)

Does anyone know of a useful guide/hints and tips for someone who is completely unfamiliar with the franchise?

This afternoon I set up the game for him (he's chosen to manage Millwall, I always manage Ipswich Town) and he's doing alright so far. I don't think I'm particular good at explaining the game because the way I learnt how to use FM was through trial and error (I can't play at the moment due to University comitments, though.) He's a little at sea with the game, nonetheless. Advice for the novice FM-player would really be appreciated.

I'd go with trial and error too. Follow the tutorials is would be my recommendation to him.

Consider visiting thedugout (will need to google it, not sure of the URL) and the message board will be full of tips.

MurphLegend

i had FM last year, i'm hesitant to buy it again because it killed my life, literally did none of my studies. but i was wondering if anybody out there could put up a screen shot of kerim frei and kacaniklic's stats? i thought they were well underrated last yr, i'd like to see how they are now.

MontenegroWhite

They have much better attributes this time. Both of them.

I tried to do screenshots but I couldn't do that, because of Paint program or FM13. Some error...

JustOverTheRiver

got the game through reviewing and just loaded it up. first thoughts; they have over complicated all the screens. I preferred the classis look of 2012... that being said I will probably get used to it and my feelings of confusion will die down... hopefully.

as for our team, berbatov is rated which is nice. gone are the days of relying on bobby. frei is a wonderkid - another asset that hasn't featured for a fulham team in a FM game. He is already playing well 10 games in to first season. Kaca isn't as rated but is showing promise...

I always think that FM is harsh on fulham and its players but I think this time round we are a more recognised force.  I would be interested to see how we do through simulation were I to manage a different team. has anyone done this yet?

MontenegroWhite

It's always safe mid table position for Fulham. From 8th to 13th!

And we usually buy Hubschman from Shakhtar.  :dft011:

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on November 05, 2012, 02:13:37 PM

And we usually buy Hubschman from Shakhtar.  :dft011:

Avoiding the usual relagation scrap then!

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Enter the Frei on October 23, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
team talks are a nightmare on it and Berbatov automatically hates you. Other than that I battered QPR 3-0, I'm about 8th after 10 or so games and you get 10 mil in the transfer market because of the 2 Dem's.

Fulham are decent to manage though Kasami and Kaca are especially good and Hangeland is very highly rated.

the game itself has too many goals from crosses at the moment and the team talks are very tricky but I think they're looking at fixing these things. Overall though the game is really nice runs smoothly and the transfer and email stuff has been nicely touched up.

So I guess that you don't play with the non league teams?

I like to manage either, Dover Athletic who on my previous save i got to back to back promotions to the football league and  a FA vase win.... or Welling United reminds me a little of FC Twente 
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Mitch

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on November 05, 2012, 11:53:24 AM
got the game through reviewing and just loaded it up. first thoughts; they have over complicated all the screens. I preferred the classis look of 2012... that being said I will probably get used to it and my feelings of confusion will die down... hopefully.

as for our team, berbatov is rated which is nice. gone are the days of relying on bobby. frei is a wonderkid - another asset that hasn't featured for a fulham team in a FM game. He is already playing well 10 games in to first season. Kaca isn't as rated but is showing promise...

I always think that FM is harsh on fulham and its players but I think this time round we are a more recognised force.  I would be interested to see how we do through simulation were I to manage a different team. has anyone done this yet?

Where are you playing Frei? Might give him a go as my AML.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: DiegoFulham on November 05, 2012, 04:07:48 PM
team talks are a nightmare on it and Berbatov automatically hates you. Other than that I battered QPR 3-0, I'm about 8th after 10 or so games and you get 10 mil in the transfer market because of the 2 Dem's.

Fulham are decent to manage though Kasami and Kaca are especially good and Hangeland is very highly rated.

the game itself has too many goals from crosses at the moment and the team talks are very tricky but I think they're looking at fixing these things. Overall though the game is really nice runs smoothly and the transfer and email stuff has been nicely touched up.

I like to manage either, Dover Athletic who on my previous save i got to back to back promotions to the football league and  a FA vase win.... or Welling United reminds me a little of FC Twente 

My first career is always with Fulham, when I get bored of it I normally start again abroad, with a top side or in the lower leagues but I've never tried non league.

I've managed to turn Kasami into a wonderkid though, averaged 7.5 over a full season and was my key player, Kaca and Frei are both developing well, Frei in behind Berbatov is working really well for the guy who was asking.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on November 05, 2012, 02:13:37 PM

And we usually buy Hubschman from Shakhtar.  :dft011:

2 games I've played where I've been someone other than Fulham they've finished 5th and 19th first season :P

Bassey the warrior

Just got this. Not far into the season, have played four games or so. Signed Callejon on loan and he's proving to be excellent. Also two excellent bargains: Wellington Nem who is a young wonderkid for £3.5 million and this guy Ruben Jenssen who is a bargain at £2.2 million.
What's interesting is that Senderos is better than Hughes, he's done really well so far.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Enter the Frei on November 06, 2012, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: DiegoFulham on November 05, 2012, 04:07:48 PM

My first career is always with Fulham, when I get bored of it I normally start again abroad, with a top side or in the lower leagues but I've never tried non league.

I've managed to turn Kasami into a wonderkid though, averaged 7.5 over a full season and was my key player, Kaca and Frei are both developing well, Frei in behind Berbatov is working really well for the guy who was asking.

Where is Kasami playing? I've sent both Frei and Kasami out on loan.

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: Mitch on November 06, 2012, 05:12:05 PM
Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on November 05, 2012, 11:53:24 AM

Where are you playing Frei? Might give him a go as my AML.

Good choice, I often play him ML. It says he can play central but with his stats I haven't bothered to try him there.

valdeingruo

I always see where i can get Fulham in a 4 year contract term, then i go to a free contract and see who offers me a job.  Romario, and Talaoi are great cheap defenders plying their trade in Brazil.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

elgreenio

started again as I had some actual time to play properly. Was plodding along with a 4-5-1 but changed back to a 4-4-2 for the last few games and beat Norwich 4-3 away, QPR 4-1 away and L'Pool 1-0 at home. Am just before christmas, out of the league cup (lost at old trafford) with Coventry at home in the FA Cup. Mid-table in the league.

In's : Yussuf (loan), Ilsinho (loan), Sejad Sahilovic (4m), Helenius (1.5m)

Ilsinho has been a great signing and Dejagah is pretty awesome outwide, beats everyone for pace
touch my camera through the fence

Mitch

Frankly I signed next to no one and i'm doing awful. Can't get any tactic to really work with the match engine. Only about ten games into the season so I may start again, pick up a few of the gems people have spoken about and go from there...