watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you want either Ashley Cole or Lampard

Started by sunburywhite, October 28, 2012, 12:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo fears the club could effectively lose its England stars Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard in January.

The pair will be free to sign pre-contract agreements with rival clubs in the new year if they do not agree new deals ahead of their current contracts expiring in the summer.

On 31-year-old left-back Cole, who has won 99 caps for England, Di Matteo said: "He's a fit boy. He can play every game, so he still has many years in front of him.

"My point is that I would like him to stay here and be here with us."

Midfielder Lampard, 34, has scored 188 goals in more than 600 appearances for the Blues since signing from West Ham for £11m in 2001.

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

jarv

Cole maybe, Lampard no.
Wages too high anyway.

alfie

yes to both of them, Lampard maybe getting on a bit but he still one hell of a player, i could not care less they play for Chelsea, it's just another club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

HatterDon

We are a proper Premier League club. We are NOT a Championship team whose fans should get excited by the prospect of an over-the-hill England international from a BIG London team playing for us.

Lampard, apart from being a first-class jerk, is slipping. Cashley, apart from being a no-class jerk, has lost the step that made him a great player. Signing over-the-hill players is a good way to boost a small team's box office. The thing is, we are a proper Premier League club, and there are no empty seats that need filling.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

I'd take Cole, but this is a non issue.

Both want big wages and big contracts for the end of their careers. Simply not going to happen

ffc73

So that's a no HatterDon?

Spot on post sir.  As usual.

We are not in need of taking their current Clive Walker, Doug Rougvie's anymore

:plus one:

LBNo11

Quote from: HatterDon on October 28, 2012, 12:27:16 PM
We are a proper Premier League club. We are NOT a Championship team whose fans should get excited by the prospect of an over-the-hill England international from a BIG London team playing for us.

Lampard, apart from being a first-class jerk, is slipping. Cashley, apart from being a no-class jerk, has lost the step that made him a great player. Signing over-the-hill players is a good way to boost a small team's box office. The thing is, we are a proper Premier League club, and there are no empty seats that need filling.

...saved me the bother to say the same thing (and with more eloquence than I could muster)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Enter the Frei

Ashley Cole is still a world class player no matter what he does off the pitch, but they'd both be on ridiculous wages we couldn't afford

cmg

Another ride on the weasel-worded, £sign-adorned, agent-stirred, bullshitterama that is a daily part of PL life.
If De Matteo is so keen to retain the super-fit, infinitely durable player then a suitable contract offer might be in order. No?

Ashley Cole to Fulham? Well maybe if all other no. 3s in the known universe, from John Arne Riise to Jason Leonard were to be suddenly abducted by space aliens we might take a deep breath and then say....'Hey, Stephen Kelly, what's your left peg like?'

DiegoFulham

Lampard hates us due to a Fulham fan breaking into his house and Spay Painting on the wall FFC or something like that.

"Frankie wherever you may be, you better change the locks because we've got your key"... dunno the whole song, that's why when he plays us, he kisses the badge and celebrates in front of the Fulham Fans
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Burt

Erm...nope.

Would prefer to put faith in up 'n' comers instead.

St Eve

cmg

Quote from: DiegoFulham on October 28, 2012, 01:18:36 PM
Lampard hates us due to a Fulham fan breaking into his house and Spay Painting on the wall FFC or something like that.

"Frankie wherever you may be, you better change the locks because we've got your key"... dunno the whole song, that's why when he plays us, he kisses the badge and celebrates in front of the Fulham Fans

Does that mean if we give him back his telly he'll stop scoring against us?

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

filham

No thanks.
There will be no premiership clubs bidding for these two, except perhaps QPHa.
If they are looking for contracts of two or three years then they have to look to the Championship,the States ,China or somewhere similar.

cusackdribble

Yes great idea, why not throw in John Terry for good measure

MOR :

Never in a million years...they can both do one to each other...mind you they probably already have...

leonffc

Would I take the best left back in the world? Hmmm tricky one that. I'll get back to you on that one.
And Lampard? Why not.