watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent to Fulham

Started by JackyFulham90, October 31, 2012, 09:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Am I the only one thinking no way are these rumours true, maybe Jol does like him as a player but we have great options already I can't see where Bent would fit in, he is a good goalscorer for sure but if he can't get in the Villa team how is he going to get in a Fulham team boasting Berbatov , Petric , Ruiz & Rodallega already?

Fulham Far East

I'm cheering for Morimoto to Fulham, purely because I miss cheering for Inamoto  :D

That aside, don't we already have enough forwards especially we have a few younger ones trying to break into the side as well? Bent is way too expensive for transfer and wages anyway.

filham

It is just paper talk and we should not take notice of it.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: filham on October 31, 2012, 09:40:50 AM
It is just paper talk and we should not take notice of it.

Two Fulham supporting journo's who are usually pretty spot on with all things Fulham are where the stories are coming from.

Does it make a lot of sense to me? Not really, but I definitely think there is something in this.

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 31, 2012, 09:19:23 AM
Am I the only one thinking no way are these rumours true, maybe Jol does like him as a player but we have great options already I can't see where Bent would fit in, he is a good goalscorer for sure but if he can't get in the Villa team how is he going to get in a Fulham team boasting Berbatov , Petric , Ruiz & Rodallega already?

Really? if he was he would start for Villa, no thanks , let him stay there.

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on October 31, 2012, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 31, 2012, 09:19:23 AM

Really? if he was he would start for Villa, no thanks , let him stay there.

148 goals in 355 appearances. Sounds like a good goalscorer to me... He's not playing for villa as he clearly doesn't get on with Lambert.

Could be where the rumours have come from but I'd take him in a flash - alongside Berba with the Bulgarian and Ruiz setting up chances? Yes please. He's got 3/4 years on Berba as well which is important to remember.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

sipwell

Whether or not he gets along with the manager does not really matter to me. Fact of the matter is that if he would be 'outstanding', Lambert would not have another choice than to play him, especially given his rather large transfer fee. He is beaten to it by a Belgian. Can't get worse than that, surely.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

PokerMatt

Quote from: sipwell on October 31, 2012, 11:05:04 AM
Whether or not he gets along with the manager does not really matter to me. Fact of the matter is that if he would be 'outstanding', Lambert would not have another choice than to play him, especially given his rather large transfer fee. He is beaten to it by a Belgian. Can't get worse than that, surely.

But how can you argue with his scoring rate? 0.41 hit rate in the premier league. There aren't many out there with similar. And that includes clubs such as charlton and Sunderland (where he had more than one in two).

You might not care, but lambert clearly does. Not playing him will probably be the decision that gets him the sack. Then again, he doesn't seem to care about scoring goals.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

craig10

He is most definitely a good goal scorer. I don't think he gets on with Lambert also Lambert seems to think because he is tall he can lump balls up to him. It's not how he plays. He would link up well with a Ruiz or Berbatov. Rather than be a Heskey/Benteke for a headless chicken (Agbonglahor)

I don't mean that as an insult to Gabby however he doesn't come short and spot a ball behind the back 4 like Berba and Ruiz would

sipwell

Quote from: PokerMatt on October 31, 2012, 11:09:03 AM

But how can you argue with his scoring rate? 0.41 hit rate in the premier league. There aren't many out there with similar. And that includes clubs such as charlton and Sunderland (where he had more than one in two).

You might not care, but lambert clearly does. Not playing him will probably be the decision that gets him the sack. Then again, he doesn't seem to care about scoring goals.

Four years ago he got a humongeous season. Back then I was still handsome. For me, what matters is not the number of goals but the number of decisive goals. If Berbatov scores 3 goals in a 5-0 victory, for me that means less than scoring 1 goal in a 1-0 victory. If you score the only goal in a 3-1 defeat, does even mean less... How many of his goals were decisive?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on October 31, 2012, 11:23:55 AM

Four years ago he got a humongeous season. Back then I was still handsome. For me, what matters is not the number of goals but the number of decisive goals. If Berbatov scores 3 goals in a 5-0 victory, for me that means less than scoring 1 goal in a 1-0 victory. If you score the only goal in a 3-1 defeat, does even mean less... How many of his goals were decisive?

Not necessarily. What if the three Berbatov goals were the first three in the match? Surely they are very important for setting up the team for a win?

Or the single goal in a 3-1 loss - what if that goal was the equaliser that started to turn the game (see Bryan Ruiz v Everton last season)

earlbeatty

Given that he is a proven goalscorer in the Premier League, I think he would be a good buy for Fulham. I can see him scoring a hatful (where does that saying come from??!!) with the chances that Berbatov and Ruiz could create for him!!

Guess we'll find out in January!!

EB

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 31, 2012, 11:29:01 AM

Not necessarily. What if the three Berbatov goals were the first three in the match? Surely they are very important for setting up the team for a win?

Or the single goal in a 3-1 loss - what if that goal was the equaliser that started to turn the game (see Bryan Ruiz v Everton last season)

Fair (and good and refuting) point. Still, the basic idea stands: not the number of goals matter, but their decisiveness (in a game). I would argue that a 3d goal from Berbatov is redundant...

shnlwswlkr

Petric and Berbatov are great for right now, but they are both only going to be here for this season and maybe next, they're both old. Bent is a longer term option.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

craig10

Quote from: sipwell on October 31, 2012, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 31, 2012, 11:29:01 AM

Fair (and good and refuting) point. Still, the basic idea stands: not the number of goals matter, but their decisiveness (in a game). I would argue that a 3d goal from Berbatov is redundant...

A guess without any evidence I would say Bent has scored more Decisive goals than Berba. Although Berba has scored more memorable important goals (against Liverpool for eg) but going by your theory his 5 against Blackburn were pointless.

I can see what ur saying but so many factors go against it.
I would take Bent 100% but I would feel sorry for Rodders and Petric

Boggers

I don't particularly rate Bent, his technique is awful and isn't pretty to watch. But he does score goals.

If the price was right, no more than say £5-6m I would take him.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

mangoputney

Swap deal with Rodders

Yes please
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ToodlesMcToot

If we're talking about spending 6 - 12 million shouldn't we be spending in central midfield and defense? We don't currently have a need up top.

I'm hoping we can find long term options there before committing more money to a part of our game which is working very well now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Count Berbatov

Why on earth would Jol be buying a striker. Need a midfielder. I mean, more competition for the position is good, but after fixing the obvious problem. Midfield. And even then, a central defender would be next in line..

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ElissonSnygg

As I've said before. Think Jol Can get the best out of him. £9m would be fair.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg