News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In this week of ALL WEEKS!!! Why do people STILL insist on leaving early?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 03, 2012, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 03, 2012, 09:55:33 PM
And can I say, to anyone who was in the vicinity of mid H6 and heard someone shouting 'The games not over', yes that was me. I'm also the one who yells 'sit down' to anyone who arrives 5 minutes late. There is NO excuse for arriving late  

How about you get off your high horse, who are you to tell others how they use something they have paid their money to enjoy, not yours. You may get some twisted sense of superiority by making sure you are first in, last out master of all he surveys abuse merchant of your block but your also a complete and utter bully.

Excuses I have personally had for being late for games: -

I live 250 miles for Craven Cottage - there have been 3 fatal crashes on the M4 in the last 3 years I've been unfortunate to witness 1 and got caught in the tailback of, helping an old dear who'd been knocked down by the yoof charging to make sure they weren't late because they also viewed it as inexcusable, showing a friend who wasn't as quick as we thought he'd be how to get to the stand, a full on crush before a Brazil Ghana game.

Leaving early I'm not generally a fan of but again who am I to say how people use something they've paid their money to use.

I bet you'd all have us having RhysLightning football etiquette classes if you could.

Lesson 1 I'll shout at people when they come in because it makes me feel big and them insecure. Signs of a a typical 90 minute hooligan with no thoughts for the circumstances of others.  

epsomraver

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 03, 2012, 11:16:05 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 03, 2012, 10:27:06 PM
And can I say, to anyone who was in the vicinity of mid H6 and heard someone shouting 'The games not over', yes that was me. I'm also the one who yells 'sit down' to anyone who arrives 5 minutes late. There is NO excuse for arriving late  

How about rail replacement service and buses all over the place on Putney Bridge?

Leave earlier, check ahead to see if theres any disruption, then factor it in

so tell oh wise one how I find out when leaving Epsom that there won't be a bus and a car in Dover House road facing each other and neither wants to give way?We also  bring an 88 year old disabled fan with us who would be outrun by a snail,  To say there is NO  excuse for being late is arrogant in extreme, Yes people who stand around the bars and then decide to come up to the game ten minutes late and then go off well before half time annoy me as well but remember a lot of fans travel hundreds of miles, much further than me to see a game and have to rely on public transport so lets not be so harsh eh?

ron

Everyone S001.gif..........

I think there are more reasons to arrive late (I wish I could factor in allowances for all of life's challenges) than to leave early (which I have never done)

but surely the etiquette that could smooth late arrival or early departure would be to wait for a break in play rather than get up in the middle of an attacking move?

Just like in cricket grounds when "tourist" spectators get up and start moving around in the middle of an over.

MJG

Anyone who thinks CC and leaving the ground is not a crush should try getting out the home end when you sit in one of back rows.
Then go with the crowd down to the gates then turn right towards putney while walking against fans coming the other way. Then into bishops park in the dark with all the bottlenecks that brings.
Yes we have a crush at fulham with 25k fans at every game. Its not the old days when the game kicked off when you told the club what time you would be there.

Why do people leave early? They all have their reasons and too numerous to list here, but its happened Evey game for 35 years I have been going and its just one of those things.

Jambo

I'm in H6 row S, so pretty close to you.  The people I go with leave early for a number of different reasons, my Uncle and Old man leave early because their knees are knackered so getting caught in a queue for 15 mins is not an option for them.  I always go when there is 1 min of injury time left.  that's the difference in getting home in 30 mins or 90 mins.  Sorry this annoys you but as someone has said you don't know personal circumstances and we all pay the same money so we can leave when we want, it doesn't make anyone a bigger fan than anyone else.  This thread comes up about every 6 months.  I do find it most annoying.  Rant over.  
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

LBNo11

...I dare say that some people have a legitimate reason to leave early, it's just an amazing coincidence that there are many more of them leaving when we are losing, at a time when the players could do with encouragement...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MontenegroWhite

Everyone on the stands should show respect, and be aware of his privilege to be at CC and support Fulham. There are many of us who can't even come to London (because of visa or anything...), and someone can do that every day so people should show some respect. Someone, from the other side of planet, kisses TV screen when Fulham score, and some other can't wait for the end of the match. Stupid idiots! They should be banned! I would stay till the end and cheer for Fulham even if we are losing 0:7. I don't care about result, or goals, or winning cups. That shouldn't be a reason to support any club. Stay till the end or don't even go to match.

Logicalman

Obviously this is a very personal matter for a number of posters, and each have their of strongly-held views, but in the spirit of FoF, can we keep the personal insults to a minimum please, no need to fall out over any issue, we're all Fulham here.

Burt

Each to their own... You pays your money, you takes your choices.

Personally, I either don't turn up at all (I was away this weekend) or turn up and stick it out (even when we have been losing 3-0 to Oldham, 4-0 to York, etc and there was no such thing as a "crowd").

cottage cheese

the problem really is the couple of jobsworth on here who think the world revolves around a 90min football game and everyone must stay till the final whistle.

G.Iniesta

I leave on 88th minutes sometimes when added time is put up because I am Disabled I have cebreal palsy and find it head to get down the stairs that's on my perspective

zzamora

Quote from: os5889 on November 04, 2012, 10:06:21 AM

How about you get off your high horse, who are you to tell others how they use something they have paid their money to enjoy, not yours. You may get some twisted sense of superiority by making sure you are first in, last out master of all he surveys abuse merchant of your block but your also a complete and utter bully.

I live 250 miles for Craven Cottage - there have been 3 fatal crashes on the M4 in the last 3 years I've been unfortunate to witness 1 and got caught in the tailback of, helping an old dear who'd been knocked down by the yoof charging to make sure they weren't late because they also viewed it as inexcusable, showing a friend who wasn't as quick as we thought he'd be how to get to the stand, a full on crush before a Brazil Ghana game.

Leaving early I'm not generally a fan of but again who am I to say how people use something they've paid their money to use.

I bet you'd all have us having RhysLightning football etiquette classes if you could.

Lesson 1 I'll shout at people when they come in because it makes me feel big and them insecure. Signs of a a typical 90 minute hooligan with no thoughts for the circumstances of others.  

Yeah yeah, I'm not a fan of people leaving early, and I always stay towards the end, but I have no problem with people who have legitimate reasons/ live far away, that kind of stuff.

To shout at them, quite frankly, is disgusting. Fellow Fulham fans, they can leave when they like and should not expect abuse from people.

Banstead White

I can't believe there are so many control freaks that get wound up if people want to exercise their right to do as they please...FFS... whats the world coming to...I can recall the days we got thanked for turning up  - let alone staying and watching 90 mins....in fact fewer left in those days as you could be picked out and shamed by a fellow supporter sitting 3 blocks away!! :011:

The fact that my getting up and leaving a few minutes early on occasion winds up someone so much gives an almost sadistic pleasure.....I may do it again......and again.

R
Roysie

Scrumpy

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 03, 2012, 07:36:38 PM
Arsenal came back from 4 down, Chelsea scored in the last minute yet some morons were walking out in drones after 87 minutes.

If you left early today and you missed the Sidwell goal and you are reading this. You disgust me 

A bit 'holier than thow' aren't you? Anyone who sits in the Hammersmith End will know the disabled fella who is helped up the stairs with about 5 minutes to go, so that he beats the rush. I take my hat off to him for just getting to games in the first place - I am sure I would not have the guts, or the courage. Or the old bloke with the heart condition who sets off up the stairs on 80 minutes so that he can rest at the end of my row (CC) for a couple of minutes to catch his breath, before setting off out of the exit? Or the grandmother a couple of rows in front of me who leaves on 88 minutes so that she can fetch the car and drive it closer to the ground so that her equally elderly sister can manage the walk?

'Live and let live' my friend. One day you will have a genuine reason for leaving early and I'll try to resist the urge to shout you down.

Oh, and it's 'droves', not 'drones'. Look them both up!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ScalleysDad

I had a feeling that with Petric and Sidders on we would get at least one decent chance and low and behold it came. Could we hold on and bearing in mind what happened last season that was'nt nailed. We held on I applauded the team off. As a result of missing a finely tuned series of transport connections I got home possibly long after you were tucked up in bed Sir, way past motd anyway, .............................so have a think before you fire your next salvo.

The Doctor

Quote from: os5889 on November 04, 2012, 10:06:21 AM

Rant of the day.  Well played, sir

Logicalman

The last two posts have been removed as they had nothing to do with the subject matter but solely to denigrate the poster. No more warnings, once more and bans will be handed out. Stick to the subject matter, if you want to take someone on, do it via PMs, this is not the old Cottage Corner.

A Humble Man

More goals are scored in the last fifteen minutes of a game than any other 15 minutes. I rest my case for not leaving early.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

zzamora

Quote from: Logicalman on November 04, 2012, 11:12:57 PM
The last two posts have been removed as they had nothing to do with the subject matter but solely to denigrate the poster. No more warnings, once more and bans will be handed out. Stick to the subject matter, if you want to take someone on, do it via PMs, this is not the old Cottage Corner.

Really I wasnt trying to do that. I was jut mentioning it incase he hadn't seen.

Holders

I've never left early but, if I had, I'd have seen two more "wins" this season!

It was refreshing to get an undeserved point in the final minutes rather than let two slip away as at Reading and Soton.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria