News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In this week of ALL WEEKS!!! Why do people STILL insist on leaving early?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 03, 2012, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

It happens at every ground though doesn't it?

I would hazard a guess that different people go to football for different reasons!

For some its a chance to be with family or friends, for others to get out the house or have a drink up and for others it is curiosity because they are visiting London or live locally and have got cheap tickets. Some even go to watch some football! I know plenty for whom the social side is as important or more important than the football.

One frustration though are those people who attend who are constantly up and down who you have to let out to get burgers, answer phone calls, go to the khazi, go and talk to friends a couple of rows back, leave early & arrive late (for both halves) etc etc. The Putney end is full of them but you do get them in every stand. As somone on Twitter said 'why do you have to leave 10 minutes before half time to get a burger? Is there any other day when you are normally desperate for a burger at 3.45 in the afternoon?'

It would never happen at the opera!

Its possible that football has become a much less important part of going to a football match. It used to be an escape but now plenty of people text, speak on phones, follow other scores on them and arrange to slip out early to the pub during the game.

Next season we will probably all be provided with wrap around 3-D glasses at our seats to watch video replays, player cam etc - and some of us won't take them off. 

David Allen Crankshaw

I left my seat several minutes before the final whistle but still managed to see the Sidwell goal from the steps at the top of the Hammersmith End. The reason I left at that time was so that I could catch the 6pm train back to Manchester from Euston. I'm sure many fans travel further than me and leave slightly early to avoid the crush at the end of the game.

epsomraver

When I go up on my own and get out of the ground straight after the whistle I can be home in 45 minutes, If I stay and applaud the players and then get out of the ground ten minutes later and pick up our disabled passenger  it can take 35 minutes just to get over Putney Bridge, Saturday had a replacement bus service for the tube which made matters even worse for traffic and the journey time for those who use the tube to travel, I will be totally honest , on Saturday with the standard of football being played by Fulham , if Everton had got a third I would have left then.

Rupert

This is for all of you justifying why you have to leave early-

Seriously, why bother?

You all have your reasons, those of us who understand there is more to life than Fulham FC know that and are not going to get too upset about it (though we may have the odd chuckle at your expense if we get a late winner). Those who seem to think the universe revolves around seeing every second of football at the Cottage, regardless of real-life circumstances, will not understand, which is sad for them, but those are the life choices people make.

Me? I'm delighted that you pay to turn up, without your arrival, early or on time or late, we would not be selling so many games out, would not be getting a new Riverside Stand, might not be enjoying the continued support of Chairman Mo (he does seem to prefer seeing a full ground).

Ask yourselves this- if you are doing something that other people get annoyed about, whose problem is it? Yours or theirs?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Answer is yours, I agree with all of your post until the end, If you are at the threatre  or cinema and someone keeps getting up and in turn makes you get up and obstructs your view, once then Ok, twice getting annoying, three times and you are then getting peeded off.  I had a tourist and his girlfiend in front of me Saturday ( mind you by his grey hair looked like it could have been his daughter) he  spent most of the game when in their seats with his arm around her, ( get your arm out of my space, your space is in front of your seat mate!) nuzzling and kissing each other, where was a bucket of water when you need one :dft011:

ffcfairy

I myself sit in front of RhysLightening who can tell you that I never ever leave before the end. However on Saturday for purely personal reasons which I do not have to justify as its not anyones business, I left early! As everyone states, we've all paid the money and we turn up every Saturday, and we turn up on freezing cold winter evenings to watch our team and significant reasons or not everyone has the right to leave when they want.

epsomraver

Quote from: ffcfairy on November 05, 2012, 01:29:17 PM
I myself sit in front of RhysLightening who can tell you that I never ever leave before the end. However on Saturday for purely personal reasons which I do not have to justify as its not anyones business, I left early! As everyone states, we've all paid the money and we turn up every Saturday, and we turn up on freezing cold winter evenings to watch our team and significant reasons or not everyone has the right to leave when they want.

You contradict your self mate, you never leave early yet you did saturday

A Humble Man

Everybody is different and see the World from another perspective.  I am never in a rush about anything as your life disappears much quicker.  Enjoy life, stay happy and try not to rush is my policy.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cottage cheese

Quote from: epsomraver on November 05, 2012, 11:02:15 AM
Answer is yours, I agree with all of your post until the end, If you are at the threatre  or cinema and someone keeps getting up and in turn makes you get up and obstructs your view, once then Ok, twice getting annoying, three times and you are then getting peeded off.  I had a tourist and his girlfiend in front of me Saturday ( mind you by his grey hair looked like it could have been his daughter) he  spent most of the game when in their seats with his arm around her, ( get your arm out of my space, your space is in front of your seat mate!) nuzzling and kissing each other, where was a bucket of water when you need one :dft011:

you think thats bad! I had three tourists  right in front of me who sat and listened to their ipods the entire game and even swapped headphones at the villa game.....why the hell are these people at games? Seriously why haha? They did not clap, stand,celebrate at all.

epsomraver

Quote from: cottage cheese on November 05, 2012, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 05, 2012, 11:02:15 AM
Answer is yours, I agree with all of your post until the end, If you are at the threatre  or cinema and someone keeps getting up and in turn makes you get up and obstructs your view, once then Ok, twice getting annoying, three times and you are then getting peeded off.  I had a tourist and his girlfiend in front of me Saturday ( mind you by his grey hair looked like it could have been his daughter) he  spent most of the game when in their seats with his arm around her, ( get your arm out of my space, your space is in front of your seat mate!) nuzzling and kissing each other, where was a bucket of water when you need one :dft011:

you think thats bad! I had three tourists  right in front of me who sat and listened to their ipods the entire game and even swapped headphones at the villa game.....why the hell are these people at games? Seriously why haha? They did not clap, stand,celebrate at all.

She must have thought funny when she had two hands stroking her hair! and he was holding a snack :011: :011:

I agree , you do wonder why they go sometimes and spend no more than 30 minutes each half in their seats and even less watching the game.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: ddeuce on November 05, 2012, 08:06:19 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on November 04, 2012, 11:12:57 PM
The last two posts have been removed as they had nothing to do with the subject matter but solely to denigrate the poster. No more warnings, once more and bans will be handed out. Stick to the subject matter, if you want to take someone on, do it via PMs, this is not the old Cottage Corner.

Really I wasnt trying to do that. I was jut mentioning it incase he hadn't seen.

I did see, the day it went on Twitter actually. I've been mocked for it before, and I'll continue to be mocked for it. I think people are just jealous that they aren't as witty with words as I am
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

zzamora

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 05, 2012, 03:13:22 PM
The last two posts have been removed as they had nothing to do with the subject matter but solely to denigrate the poster. No more warnings, once more and bans will be handed out. Stick to the subject matter, if you want to take someone on, do it via PMs, this is not the old Cottage Corner.

Really I wasnt trying to do that. I was jut mentioning it incase he hadn't seen.

I did see, the day it went on Twitter actually. I've been mocked for it before, and I'll continue to be mocked for it. I think people are just jealous that they aren't as witty with words as I am

I disagree.

Been warned about making comments on here, so feel free to PM if you want what I really think.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: ffcfairy on November 05, 2012, 01:29:17 PM

I can confirm that this girl/woman (depending on how you define them in terms of age) never leaves early

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: ddeuce on November 05, 2012, 03:18:30 PM

I disagree.

Been warned about making comments on here, so feel free to PM if you want what I really think.

Go on then, hit me with your best shot

King_Crud

Quote from: alfie on November 04, 2012, 10:00:12 AM
living only 5 minute walk away from the Cottage i can confirm 20 minutes after game ends most people have gone, there is absolutely nothing to keep people there, no pubs, cafe's shops, so i just sit there and then have a nice stroll up the road. Then again i do not have train/bus to catch.

my mates and I go to the Riverside bar for a beer or two. They've now put in a tv with Sky so you can catch the scores of the other games and even watch the 5:30pm game. It's great to let the crowds go and stand on the river. And once the crowds are gone and you walk back towards Putney you can meet the players as they hang around the entrance to the cottage.

zzamora

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on November 05, 2012, 03:26:00 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on November 05, 2012, 03:18:30 PM

I disagree.

Go on then, hit me with your best shot

Top squad. The emphasis was on you to DM if you want to find out.

F(f)CUK

Last time that I left early was Fulham being thrashed 7-0 (I think) by Chester at home.

Cannot believe anyone stayed for the final few minutes of that debacle.