https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Developing the Putney End

Started by epsomraver, November 04, 2012, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan

whens the riverside stand work start?

fulhaman

I think work suppose to start end of this season. Cant wait. I think expension will happen if we fill the river stand. The factor about how many people due to the street around the group are rubbish. Look at Everton and Liverpool they are in a very busy area.

filham

Allegedly a leak from a security officer is the source of this rumour.
Are not security officers employed to prevent leaks ?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There are access / egress issues arising from safety certifcate requirements but these can and are being dealt with in the design with access via turnstiles at the rear and egress through the park,,,

premFlem

The bigger the capacity the more enticing for future investors.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

zzamora

Quote from: Adam87 on November 05, 2012, 11:08:50 AM
I think what people are forgetting here is the potential we have and the amount of new fans we attract both here and over seas.....our location is brilliant for attracting new fans and the potential to keep expanding the club is there. I have heard many new fans say the same thing....."i wanted to support a club and i just couldnt get a ticket for chelsea and arsenal so i went to fulham and caught the bug and here i am now...". Spoke to a Austrain fan from Vienna with his kids on saturday and they are mad Fulham fans now...
I think many people here would be suprised how much our club has got going for it. The sooner we get to 35,000 the better becuase if the right prices im sure in the FUTURE we will fill it.

"Build it and they will come" is a risky risky strategy.

Adam87

I just think that the club is really going places now, i think both on and off the pitch we have progressed massively in the last 4 years. I really do believe in a few years if the attendences keep going the way they are that we can fill 30,000+ in a few years. Especially if the club can keep ticket prices reasonable. I am just meeting alot of new fans who keep saying the same thing and how much they have fallen in love with the club and what its about. I wouldnt be suprised at all if when the new stand is built we sell out 90%+ of home games..... to whcih then the next step i assume will be 35,000......makes a difference to the crowds of 3,000 back in the early 90's......how times have changed.  :dft009:

Adam87

My point being in lets say 10 years time......when the competition of staying in the premier league becomes even tougher....will 30,000 be enough to stay competive if thats the maximum amount we can build to.....i honestly believe and sadly that it wont be.....but becuase of our location, which is major major plus for us, we must be looking to get to 35,000.

Admin

As much as people like to think Fayed is the brains behind Fulham, he isn't, well not as much anymore. He was at the start of his reign but he has built such a unique business team at Fulham that he only has to dip his toe into the water every now and then. If anything, he is now only the face of Fulham who keeps us happy by waving his scarf pre-match or unveiling some dodgy new statue.

What you have to remember is that we see Fulham from the outside, on match days. We don't get to see what they are doing behind the scenes like building one of the best youth policies of the future or growing the clubs fan base through constant marketing and PR.

I know someone who works for Fulham and I can assure you that our business team works daily on building the club both financially and structurally. We may not see this as massive steps, but we do grow slowly and we do improve/build on things only at the right time, not just for the sake of it.

Forget Manchester United of the South. By the time we reached the Premiership there was another 10 millionaires owning football clubs and it was never going to happen. What we have done is looked at it at a different angle and are doing things in the right way.

Fulham Football Club is being built for the now, the future and a future after the Fayed's. Mark my words that the Riverside Stand won't be the last of it and when future investors do come calling.. We'll be ready.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I don't see the club doing anything excessively risky financially either on or off the pitch.

Coming at it from another angle, wouldn't we like to see the Hammersmith and Putney Ends being redeveloped? They are rather old fashioned and tatty and lack modern facilities. If they had better food and drink sales areas, even lounges, then the club would make more money.

Holders

Infrastructure, in terms of sound finance, youth policy and fanbase development might be the boring bit but it's essential if we're to stay to enjoy what are surely the most successful times of Fulham's existence.

I do disagree, however, that our location works for us. It might be pretty-ish but access from just one road is no good. The river, poor public transport and atrocious parking are other drawbacks.

I keep saying it but, if we'd not turned down Stamford Bridge there would never have been a C*****a and we'd have a better location.

I will now don my tin hat in readiness...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

F(f)CUK

OK so we accept that we need a bigger stadium. 95% of capacity average for all home games. This means we should increase capacity to 30000 and look to see where future developments can be made.

If Chelsea were able to find a new ground then could anyone countenance playing games at a freshly liveried Stamford Bridge?

DiegoFulham

Quote from: FF(C)UK on November 05, 2012, 05:17:14 PM
OK so we accept that we need a bigger stadium. 95% of capacity average for all home games. This means we should increase capacity to 30000 and look to see where future developments can be made.

If Chelsea were able to find a new ground then could anyone countenance playing games at a freshly liveried Stamford Bridge?

092.gif The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail -- its roof may shake -- the wind may blow through it -- the storm may enter -- the rain may enter -- but the King of England cannot enter! -- all his forces dare not cross the threshold of OUR COTTAGE - RH
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Aaron

Is expanding the Hammy even physically an option?

I just realised I don't know what is behind it which is mental given the number of times I've been to the Cottage.  There's a bunch of trees if memory serves but are they into some lads garden or what's the story?

The fact that it's nothing more than a rumor and not actually going to happen aside, I would have thought expanding the Putney into the park would have been the way to go if there was to be any further development.  I can't really understand why the Friends of Bishop's Park people would care to be honest.. That end of the park (unless it's been changed with the rennovations) is basically and old shaggy bit of grass.. It's not even kept short enough for a kick about.  You would assume (as was the case with the Riverside) that if the club were given the go ahead they'd have to chuck a few quid into the park to make it look pretty..  Anything they'd do at that end would be an improvement, no?

SP

Quote from: Holders on November 05, 2012, 05:01:56 PM

I keep saying it but, if we'd not turned down Stamford Bridge there would never have been a C*****a and we'd have a better location.

I will now don my tin hat in readiness...

But surely, as unpaletable as they are, no C*****a in existence would mean a percentage of their neanderthals attending the Cottage?  It's bad enough hosting them once a season.

Admin

Quote from: Aaron on November 05, 2012, 09:21:19 PM
Is expanding the Hammy even physically an option?

I just realised I don't know what is behind it which is mental given the number of times I've been to the Cottage.  There's a bunch of trees if memory serves but are they into some lads garden or what's the story?

The fact that it's nothing more than a rumor and not actually going to happen aside, I would have thought expanding the Putney into the park would have been the way to go if there was to be any further development.  I can't really understand why the Friends of Bishop's Park people would care to be honest.. That end of the park (unless it's been changed with the rennovations) is basically and old shaggy bit of grass.. It's not even kept short enough for a kick about.  You would assume (as was the case with the Riverside) that if the club were given the go ahead they'd have to chuck a few quid into the park to make it look pretty..  Anything they'd do at that end would be an improvement, no?

They've already given the park 1 or 1.2 million quid for "so called improvements".

DevonFFC

Would they moan if we built a stand with the same design and architecture as the jonny Haynes stand so a not to e an eye sore but allowing us to build right up to the bondary edge

fulhamfan

any more updates on when work starts on the new stand?

alfie

Infrastructure, in terms of sound finance, youth policy and fanbase development might be the boring bit but it's essential if we're to stay to enjoy what are surely the most successful times of Fulham's existence.

I do disagree, however, that our location works for us. It might be pretty-ish but access from just one road is no good. The river, poor public transport and atrocious parking are other drawbacks.

I do disagree, however, that our location works for us. It might be pretty-ish but access from just one road is no good. The river, poor public transport and atrocious parking are other drawbacks

Exactly the same problems Chelsea have
Access from one road
poor public transport because they close Fulham Road between Chelwest Hospital and Fulham Broadway (although tube is a bit nearer)
atrocious parking

they don't have a river at the bottom of their garden though.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2012, 11:29:22 AM

I do disagree, however, that our location works for us. It might be pretty-ish but access from just one road is no good. The river, poor public transport and atrocious parking are other drawbacks

Exactly the same problems Chelsea have
Access from one road
poor public transport because they close Fulham Road between Chelwest Hospital and Fulham Broadway (although tube is a bit nearer)
atrocious parking

they don't have a river at the bottom of their garden though.

Chelsea's ground does have a larger footprint on the other hand, which allowed access to be easier and storage of building materiels.