watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Developing the Putney End

Started by epsomraver, November 04, 2012, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

A know all knob has told a friend that the club are planning to develop the Putney end as well as the riverside, he says the club's security officer told him it would increase cap to 35k, I think it is a load of toffee , has anyone else heard this?

fulhamben

no but would be awesome to see 35k at the cottage, would also give us the 14th biggest stadium in the country. no more punching above our weight
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

We wouldn't fill it even with kids for a quid.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Wouldn't surprise me if we already had plans. Plans that will only be put into place should the 30k consistently sell out. Al Fayed is not a stupid man.

Admin

I heard that in time, they were planning to make both the Putney and Hammersmith ends two-tier. How true this is I don't know but like you said, they recon an extra 4-5K in each stand will be achieved by doing this. Two-tiers are a bit dated now (Look at Goodison for example) so I don't know if the club will go ahead with this idea. I also heard that a bit of the park behind the Putney end will be nicked and the entrance to the Putney end will be there, leading onto the park. Who knows but I can't just see them doing the Riverside and leaving it as that, it'll look like a big space ship parked up so my initial thoughts are, they will do it all bit by bit.

The Doctor

First I've heard opf it, but then I'm not "connected".  If true, my first impression is that this would probably be a medium- to long-term plan to be implemented if growth continues following the Riverside redevelopment.  Assuming that's the case it's reassuring to know that the club are planning that far ahead

fulhamben

and
Quote from: epsomraver on November 04, 2012, 10:35:04 PM
im sure 20 years ago no one would have thought that we would sell out nearly 26k all seater for most matches, but we do.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Kent Cassandra

In my younger days before seats were invented Fulham would draw 40,000 plus for a big match and I believe the record is something like 49,000. So as far as support is concerned this is not Virgin territory.   Because I'm a crumbly and live on the east coast I only get to about 10 matches a year. I am a member and book online and if I book a couple of weeks before the match I can usually find a single seat. sometimes my wife or grandchildren want to come but it is virtually impossible to find any groups of two or three seats that are available. As long as we stay in the Premiership I'm sure this would be a good investment.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

epsomraver

We don't, the club give away hundreds of tickets to schools and clubs to fill the ground for a lot of matches plus all the promotions  

Admin

Quote from: epsomraver on November 04, 2012, 11:04:36 PM
We don't, the club give away hundreds of tickets to schools and clubs to fill the ground for a lot of matches plus all the promotions  

But even so, people still want to come along. It's not as if we give away hundreds and we still don't sell out. Point is, every club does this to attract attention. Kids are important, get them involved early and they will become supporters in the near future.

A Humble Man

All clubs give tickets to schools etc it is selling the product to potential future season ticket holders.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Fletchino

I have heard this rumomer too and it will also become the home end. I also heard that the ground will be alot more than 30000 once the riverside is done.

MJG

Quote from: FLETCHINO on November 05, 2012, 06:43:33 AM
I have heard this rumomer too and it will also become the home end. I also heard that the ground will be alot more than 30000 once the riverside is done.
Lets not go down that conversation again. Sarah brookes confirmed to me that the offical capacity will be 30000 and not a seat more.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on November 04, 2012, 10:43:08 PM
and
Quote from: epsomraver on November 04, 2012, 10:35:04 PM
im sure 20 years ago no one would have thought that we would sell out nearly 26k all seater for most matches, but we do.

40 years ago I wondered why they built the Riverside stand in the first place...

...but then we could get more in anyway as it was standing.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There are NO plans to use Bishops Park or to increase the capacity of either end. The only rumours of this come from opponents of ANY development, such as the Friends of Bishops Park / bring back capital punishment brigade...

TonyGilroy

Our typical gate for 1st Division matches in the 60s was about 20,000.

Much more for the big games and some local derbies but often below 20K for games against ordinary northern clubs.

The occasional 30K+ or even 40K+ was very much the exception.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 05, 2012, 08:59:54 AM
There are NO plans to use Bishops Park or to increase the capacity of either end. The only rumours of this come from opponents of ANY development, such as the Friends of Bishops Park / bring back capital punishment brigade...

There may not be plans but the club must be considering the possibility of expanding those ends. It's doable in time.

DiegoFulham

092.gif  092.gif Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all.
092.gif 092.gif Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.
092.gif 092.gif The wings of hope carry us, soaring high above the driving winds of life.

We should all have the the will to win onwards and upwards why not have a dream. COYW  :clap_hands: COYW :clap_hands:
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Adam87

I think what people are forgetting here is the potential we have and the amount of new fans we attract both here and over seas.....our location is brilliant for attracting new fans and the potential to keep expanding the club is there. I have heard many new fans say the same thing....."i wanted to support a club and i just couldnt get a ticket for chelsea and arsenal so i went to fulham and caught the bug and here i am now...". Spoke to a Austrain fan from Vienna with his kids on saturday and they are mad Fulham fans now...
I think many people here would be suprised how much our club has got going for it. The sooner we get to 35,000 the better becuase if the right prices im sure in the FUTURE we will fill it.

epsomraver

The club just cannot keep increasing capacity, we have more seats in the ground than we fill due to the safety certificate, this takes in all sorts of variables including the surrounding streets if a mass evacuation ever had to take place o r we are losing 5-0 at half time, see other post :015: Back to serious, 30K has been deemed as the maximum that the club can have on that site given present day circumstances,As already stated we could not fill that capacity any way given the amount of choice in London, at present we do fill seats because Fulham is one of the only Prem clubs in London where you can most games walk up and buy a ticket.