watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Developing the Putney End

Started by epsomraver, November 04, 2012, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

If you are a London based football Team you have to live in harmony with those who live around your ground.  So the parking regulations on match days are reasonable.  You can park within 25 minutes walk of the ground and the tube is the same sort of distance.  Most able bodied people should be able to walk that distance easily.  If you cannot you must be disabled so special arrangements can be made.  We live in a Country where people expect to park next to where they want to be, that is not dependable position and a reprehensible attitude.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

fulhaman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any more updates on when work starts on the new stand?

Think at the end of the season. I hope so as I heard its going to take 18 months to do. So looking forward to it starting and everyone sharing pictures.

fulhamben

Quote from: A Humble Man on November 27, 2012, 01:45:02 PM
If you are a London based football Team you have to live in harmony with those who live around your ground.  So the parking regulations on match days are reasonable.  You can park within 25 minutes walk of the ground and the tube is the same sort of distance.  Most able bodied people should be able to walk that distance easily.  If you cannot you must be disabled so special arrangements can be made.  We live in a Country where people expect to park next to where they want to be, that is not dependable position and a reprehensible attitude.
i dont agree with the parking restrictions. why should people who live within 25 mins of the ground, not be able to park outside their house because some numpty has bought a house right next to the cottage and has realised he cant park on matchdays so complained. if you dont want the hassle of match day parking, then dont buy a house near a ground. pretty simple really, but no they force the trafic and parking on surronding areas. little bit scummy in my eyes
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

A Humble Man

Quote from: fulhamben on November 27, 2012, 05:03:33 PM
i dont agree with the parking restrictions. why should people who live within 25 mins of the ground, not be able to park outside their house because some numpty has bought a house right next to the cottage and has realised he cant park on matchdays so complained. if you dont want the hassle of match day parking, then dont buy a house near a ground. pretty simple really, but no they force the trafic and parking on surronding areas. little bit scummy in my eyes

Don't be so fing lazy
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on November 27, 2012, 05:03:33 PM

I agree Ben, it is just done to placate the neighbours, and one thing humble man, even with a blue badge you cannot park inside the barriers unless it is issued by H & F council

TonyGilroy

All it does is move the cars from outside houses near the ground to houses not quite so near.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 27, 2012, 06:34:26 PM

All it does is move the cars from outside houses near the ground to houses not quite so near.
exactly, so why should the numptys that moved right next to the ground get a space guarnteed for them. you wouldnt move next to heathrow and then try and get the flight path changed cos its a little bit noisey
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

A Humble Man

Quote from: fulhamben on November 27, 2012, 07:08:38 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 27, 2012, 06:34:26 PM

exactly, so why should the numptys that moved right next to the ground get a space guarnteed for them. you wouldnt move next to heathrow and then try and get the flight path changed cos its a little bit noisey

It spreads the car out on a much wider area as everybody is not trying to get a space as close to the ground as possible.  There is plenty of parking space for residents and fans I know I use it and have a twenty minute walk to the ground.  I am 64 but try to walk at least a mile every day, try it you will feel so much better now and in the future.
We Are Fulham, Believe.