A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

january

Started by Mladens Nan, November 12, 2012, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what position would you like to see strengthened in the window?

GK
0 (0%)
DEF
21 (36.2%)
MID
37 (63.8%)
ATT
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Mladens Nan

...leave any names of playrs already linked or possible suggestions

HatterDon

Central mid for me. As for names, I'll trust Jol and his continental net to find someone appropriate. We need somebody with some size and discipline to do what Etuhu did for us against physical teams and players. If Jol can pull another Diarra out of the hat, I'll be happy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aussierod

Quote from: HatterDon on November 12, 2012, 06:49:57 PM
Central mid for me. As for names, I'll trust Jol and his continental net to find someone appropriate. We need somebody with some size and discipline to do what Etuhu did for us against physical teams and players. If Jol can pull another Diarra out of the hat, I'll be happy.

:plus one:

Completely agree that we need a new CM, a strong, ball winning, ball playing CM to help Diarra in the centre of the park and then providing the support for the wide men, AM and striker/s.

After that, a new CB and possibly a GK, ie someone like Stekelenberg, would be welcome but not essential
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Mladens Nan

Quote from: aussierod on November 12, 2012, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 12, 2012, 06:49:57 PM
Would you be letting anyone go if we did sign someone of that description?

:plus one:

Completely agree that we need a new CM, a strong, ball winning, ball playing CM to help Diarra in the centre of the park and then providing the support for the wide men, AM and striker/s.

After that, a new CB and possibly a GK, ie someone like Stekelenberg, would be welcome but not essential

JackyFulham90

What about the Belgium guy from Brugge? odjija Ofoe?

Bryanthebroom

Heard vincent kompany being interviewed and saying what a talent he is but think he made it clear that he'd rather be with mirallas and fellaini at everton. I'll trust jol because it seems like all the players who could improve us are already playing for champions league sides. In jol I trust

Mladens Nan

Just seen that Wenger is considering selling Frimpong in January... How about him? He would reduce the average age of the midfield... Or would he be too much of a risk?

JBH

Quote from: Mladens Nan on November 13, 2012, 07:55:30 AM
Just seen that Wenger is considering selling Frimpong in January... How about him? He would reduce the average age of the midfield... Or would he be too much of a risk?

Good player but he is a Suspension waiting to happen!

JBH

Remy Cabella from Montpellier is quite useful as is Nampalys Mendy (The new Makele by all accounts) I think he plays for Monaco
Both young but might be worth a punt

filham

Too early to talk about January. Look we are hitting an average of over two goals a game, playing great football, filling the Cottage and have some big games comming up.
Enjoy the moment,be grateful for the good players we have and lets hope we can keep them all for the rest of the season.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: JBH on November 13, 2012, 08:19:18 AM
Remy Cabella from Montpellier is quite useful as is Nampalys Mendy (The new Makele by all accounts) I think he plays for Monaco
Both young but might be worth a punt

I don't think Montpellier will be selling Cabella any time soon JBH. He is an incredible player though.

I'd love to see Moussa Sissoko here.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

manxman

I know we don't need another striker but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is awesome, very quick, young and an eye for goal. What we need is a tough ball winning midfielder, and a CB like Douglas.
Bear with me on this, but what about a new GK? Someone to really challenge Schwarzer, Stockdale seems to have fallen under favour with Jol (who could blame him with the form schwarz has been in) someone like Muslera Plays for Galatasary and is 26, nothing wrong with healty compitition?
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

MontenegroWhite

Well I was yelling we should sign midfielder but now I've changed my mind. Now I think our priority is central defender. All lines in our squad are doing nice job, except defense. We concede fat too much.

Or maybe we need decent box-to-box midfielder. I don't know, but we definitely need something new. Something to stop opposition score very easy.

Sanchezs Tactician

It's all good and well speculating about who will be coming in, but at the end of the day most of the players we signed in the summer were out of the blue and we were not linked with. I for one can't wait to see who Jol will bring in.

Andy_M

What ever happened to the young CB we were meant to sign from Twente and the deal didn't go through for some reason or another on deadline day? Can't remember the guys name though.... Will we be back in for him?
@got_maile

Sanchezs Tactician

Quote from: Andy_M on November 13, 2012, 11:51:38 AM
What ever happened to the young CB we were meant to sign from Twente and the deal didn't go through for some reason or another on deadline day? Can't remember the guys name though.... Will we be back in for him?

I believe you are on about Chris David but I believe he is a CAM.

west kowloon white

Over to you Mr Fulham tks.

Ordar

If I keep saying it it might happen

GK) Stekelenberg,
CB) Douglas, (out of contract in the summer)
CM) Moussa Sissoko, (out of contract in the summer)
CB) Yanga-Mbiwa, Out of Contact in the summer)

4 quality players in our price range, who would probably be open to a move to us

Bryanthebroom

Hate to say ot but sissoko is probably a long shot. In my opinion there will be a few bigger clubs coming in for him who we can't compete with.