watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two defeats in a row

Started by The Swan, November 24, 2012, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

That is two defeats in a row. If we are nor careful we could end up with seven defeats in a row. Our next win could be against Southampton and then Swansea. After the great start we had to the season we could struggle to stay anywhere near the top half of the table if my predictions are not overturned. I have supported Fulham since 1961 and have seen the ups and downs of this team but I have a bad feeling about the next five games. Please let me be wrong.
The Swan

JackyFulham90

Wow we lose an unfortunate game against Sunderland then at a tough place in Stoke we are still comfortably mid table yes we have some tough games coming up but It's a long old season and I still see us pushing the top 8 come May

Admin

It'll be like us to get a draw at Chelsea and then beat Spurs so don't worry.

mangoputney

Please please send me some of what your on Jacky, I need an optimism boost
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ffc73

I think i'm placed somewhere between JackyFulham90's optimism and MangoPutney's frustration.

MotD kept banging on about 12 years in Premiership and average position 12th.  Sounds about right for this season. 

Burt

Considering we are normally faffing around in the lower reaches at this stage of the season, we are in reasonable shape. The injuries are a worry, but we have a bit of a cushion and enough quality to keep picking up the points.

Keep the faith.

White Noise

1 win in the last 8 games - with 4 draws, 3 defeats and 7 points - suggests more than a blip and a keeper who has conceded the joint most goals this season is very unlike the Fulham of recent times.

I would rather a stodgy middle phase though than the normal poor starts to the season we make. We have lost some good players, have plenty of new ones trying to find their role in the side and more than our fair share of injuries. It is probably going to be an up and down season if we don't make significant signings in January but the intriguing thing about Jol is that you can't predict what we will do in any given game and therefore the opposition may struggle to read us too.

Agree with Admin that we may well surprise people against Spurs and the Filth.

mangoputney

Quote from: White Noise on November 25, 2012, 05:06:52 PM
1 win in the last 8 games - with 4 draws, 3 defeats and 7 points - suggests more than a blip and a keeper who has conceded the joint most goals this season is very unlike the Fulham of recent times.

I would rather a stodgy middle phase though than the normal poor starts to the season we make. We have lost some good players, have plenty of new ones trying to find their role in the side and more than our fair share of injuries. It is probably going to be an up and down season if we don't make significant signings in January but the intriguing thing about Jol is that you can't predict what we will do in any given game and therefore the opposition may struggle to read us too.

Agree with Admin that we may well surprise people against Spurs and the Filth.

Hope so White Noise... Wish our 'unpredictability' would produce 3 pts, we can shake off our 'soft touch' tag & find some form!!!! Goals have been covering the cracks
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

jarv

Fulham WILL surprise someone, always do.
Wins against saints, swansea, Newcastle, possibly qpr and spuds are on the cards. Reckon at least 10 points by the end of the year.

JackyFulham90

We will be fine, Stoke was always going to be a tough game, we were quality in the 2nd half of last season and I feel that if we can be on 22/23 points by January we can spend some money and really push on for a top 8 finish

JBH

Quote from: The Swan on November 24, 2012, 08:28:54 PM
That is two defeats in a row. If we are nor careful we could end up with seven defeats in a row. Our next win could be against Southampton and then Swansea. After the great start we had to the season we could struggle to stay anywhere near the top half of the table if my predictions are not overturned. I have supported Fulham since 1961 and have seen the ups and downs of this team but I have a bad feeling about the next five games. Please let me be wrong.

I hope they have hidden all of the Knives and removed your belt and shoe laces at your place?

TonyGilroy

Away to Stoke (and Chelsea for that matter) are matches we should expect to lose.

The defensive weaknesses are offset against the attacking gains so whilst it would be good to concede fewer it's still OK.

The trend that bothers me though is that we seem to be finding it tougher at home. It's four games in a row now with a narrow win and a very lucky draw. It's the Sunderland result that is starting to suggest that our position could yet be precarious and Spurs next with two Dems is ominous.

There's now only QPR cut adrift with all the others at the bottom starting to pick up wins and they can be expected to improve.

Things could still go either way for us this season.

White Noise

That was Stoke's 14th straight home game without defeat. Its not just a tough place for us to go.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2012, 08:31:08 AM
Away to Stoke (and Chelsea for that matter) are matches we should expect to lose.

At the start of the season you look at games and think what you could. At best we might get a point from those two games and anything above that is a bonus. Thats not to say we cannot win at these places its just highly unlikely.
So looking at the overall season these two games are not really going have much impact on what we should get.

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on November 25, 2012, 04:52:22 PM
Considering we are normally faffing around in the lower reaches at this stage of the season, we are in reasonable shape. The injuries are a worry, but we have a bit of a cushion and enough quality to keep picking up the points.

Keep the faith.

Good shape? 2 points from 15th and 6 from the drop zone!

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on November 26, 2012, 09:49:00 AM

Keep the faith.

We are 4 pts better off than last season at this stage. Its a rough time at the moment with the players out but i'm not worried at the moment. Still think we are a good bet for an 8-10th place finish. &th would be possible with a really good second half run after a couple of new players in Jan.
We just need to limp along at the moment picking enough pts up to stay around mid table.

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2012, 09:57:09 AM

Keep the faith.

We are 4 pts better off than last season at this stage. Its a rough time at the moment with the players out but i'm not worried at the moment. Still think we are a good bet for an 8-10th place finish. &th would be possible with a really good second half run after a couple of new players in Jan.
We just need to limp along at the moment picking enough pts up to stay around mid table.

I think we are teetering on the end at the moment. At the beggining  of the season after the transfer window debacle most of us thought it would be difficult until January, and I think we are finding that out now. I personally wouldn't be surprised if we drop quite away down the table by the end of the year. Hopefully Jol and the management team will be able to sort something out in January, fingers crossed. I'm abit depressed about it all and was gutted after the Sunderland match as I think we are now in a bit of a bad patch, but there is nothing I can do about it apart from be brave and be strong. COYW's we will all love and support you where ever you are.   :scarf:  :clap_hands:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

I think a lot of the problem comes from those who honestly expected us to be pushing for top six are suddenly discovering we are not as good as they believed.
Those of us who thought anything between 8th to 12th was more realistic see nothing to overly concern us at the moment, this is one of the troughs we always knew the team would stumble into before ascending the next peak.

Ah, football, you just can't beat it, can you?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on November 26, 2012, 12:31:43 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2012, 09:57:09 AM

Keep the faith.

I think we are teetering on the end at the moment. At the beggining  of the season after the transfer window debacle most of us thought it would be difficult until January, and I think we are finding that out now. I personally wouldn't be surprised if we drop quite away down the table by the end of the year. Hopefully Jol and the management team will be able to sort something out in January, fingers crossed. I'm abit depressed about it all and was gutted after the Sunderland match as I think we are now in a bit of a bad patch, but there is nothing I can do about it apart from be brave and be strong. COYW's we will all love and support you where ever you are.   :scarf:  :clap_hands:

Enough of your pre birthday optimism and euphoria. Be off with you ..........

Technically I'm an island at the moment, although the waters are receeding for a day or so apparently, so I'm about to declare independence from the Uk, war on France, Florida and Kent and initiate the first Donut Day. Still think getting to Spurs will be tricky unless I leave in a minute.

LukeJennings

With our injured players back by hopefully the Newcastle game who are on worse form than us may I add! We can pick up one or two more wins atleast than you think, knowing us we'll beat Chelsea and spurs and lose to Swansea and Southampton, who knows could be the start of a good few wins and maybe with additions in January we can properly kick on?!

Come on guys just believe
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!