watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very true words from Wenger and it is FR

Started by epsomraver, November 25, 2012, 02:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

I have managed for 30 years at the top level and I have to convince you [journalists] I can manage the team?"

It is my choice. I thought the squad I went with could win us the game
"

When asked about the chants following the game, Wenger said: "I don't want to comment on that. I do my job and do my best for the club. Why should I create a rift? I have given you the answer.
"I leave it to you to judge. I try to be as good as I can be. You are all great managers! I read the newspapers every day and I can tell you that you are always great managers!
"You judge the game for the papers and I sit here and explain to you our game. How many games have you managed? I promise you if you manage one I will sit in the stands and chant 'you  don't know what you are doing!'

fulhamben

borrowed time if you ask me. if he went with the squad that he thought would win the game and it didnt, then surely that means his judgement as a good manger is in doubt.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on November 25, 2012, 02:05:23 PM
borrowed time if you ask me. if he went with the squad that he thought would win the game and it didnt, then surely that means his judgement as a good manger is in doubt.

I feel it's far more complicated getting rid of Wenger or someone like Fergeson at an Arsenal/ManU. They are more than just a manager at their respective clubs.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

sipwell

if he went with the squad that he thought would win the game and it didnt, then surely that means his judgement as a good manger is in doubt.

So, essentially, if you don't win every game as a manager you should get the sack? Interesting concept... and I am particularly glad you are not Mo Al Fayed. I guess some players were tired and Villa needs to get points... it happens.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

fulhamben

Quote from: sipwell on November 25, 2012, 03:05:22 PM
if he went with the squad that he thought would win the game and it didnt, then surely that means his judgement as a good manger is in doubt.

So, essentially, if you don't win every game as a manager you should get the sack? Interesting concept... and I am particularly glad you are not Mo Al Fayed. I guess some players were tired and Villa needs to get points... it happens.
what you on about? where did i say that. arsenal are a big club and wenger keeps on saying how they can compete. he has got the hump with the press cos they are questioning his ability. he cant have it both ways and say what a great squad he has and then fail to get the results required. wenger has taken arsenal backwards and if he thinks that the squad he picked for the game has a right to win before a ball is even kicked then you have to start to question his ability. and when do fulham go away expecting 3 points before a ball has even been kicked?

sipwell

Quote from: fulhamben on November 25, 2012, 03:41:38 PM

what you on about? where did i say that. arsenal are a big club and wenger keeps on saying how they can compete. he has got the hump with the press cos they are questioning his ability. he cant have it both ways and say what a great squad he has and then fail to get the results required. wenger has taken arsenal backwards and if he thinks that the squad he picked for the game has a right to win before a ball is even kicked then you have to start to question his ability. and when do fulham go away expecting 3 points before a ball has even been kicked?

Not exactly what you said there and a rather negative interpretation of what Wenger said. Wenger thought he put out the game that could win. You say that, since it didn't win, his "judgement as a good manager" is in doubt. You hence follow what the press says about him (exactly what he is fighting). I still think he is a good manager but his transfer policies have been a bit bad. That has nothing to do with his tactical abilities.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ron

So, essentially, if you don't win every game as a manager you should get the sack?

You'd get an interesting answer from a certain Roman A....

fulhamben

Quote from: sipwell on November 25, 2012, 05:48:47 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 25, 2012, 03:41:38 PM

Not exactly what you said there and a rather negative interpretation of what Wenger said. Wenger thought he put out the game that could win. You say that, since it didn't win, his "judgement as a good manager" is in doubt. You hence follow what the press says about him (exactly what he is fighting). I still think he is a good manager but his transfer policies have been a bit bad. That has nothing to do with his tactical abilities.
no and if you read what i put i said he was on borrowed time, did i say soley because he never won today? no trophies in probably 8 years, fans getting on his back and looking miles off of top 4 this season, all adds up to me as borrowed time. and yes you can judge a manager when he is in charge and his team is miles off of where they should realistically be.

fulhamben

Quote from: ron on November 25, 2012, 06:07:05 PM

So, essentially, if you don't win every game as a manager you should get the sack?

You'd get an interesting answer from a certain Roman A....
you can add city qpr liverpool and countless others to that list aswell.

Jack Fulham

I don't think you could find a manager that could do a better job than Wenger with that Arsenal team. They aren't exactly a championship winning team but they consistently finish in the top 4 and lose their best players each summer. Wenger may be a moaner but he made some very good points, I can't stand most football journalists.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 25, 2012, 06:39:55 PM
I don't think you could find a manager that could do a better job than Wenger with that Arsenal team. They aren't exactly a championship winning team but they consistently finish in the top 4 and lose their best players each summer. Wenger may be a moaner but he made some very good points, I can't stand most football journalists.
yes, but wenger said earlier in the season that this is the best squad he has ever had. so has he got his best squad he has ever had under performing or is he telling lies again to try and stop a fans revolt. either way doesnt look good in my eyes. has he got a big kitty like he always says he has ,or are the board point blank refusing to spend money. if he does have a big kitty then why is his best ever squad so poor and why does he refuse to buy. if he genuinely thinks he has a great squad then either he is deluded or badly managing them. yes im sure the board or part of them will continue to back him  whilst they make a profit, but its clear the fan are starting to turn and he wont go on scraping top 4 for ever.

Peabody

I think he could apply the same thing about certain Football Fans as well, it is not only Journalists that think they are better managers, oh I forgot they must be better, they have had success playing Football Manager.

jarv

I watched the game. There was only one team on the pitch trying to play football. Villa were painful to watch, they ran and ran and ran to stop Arsenal playing. That is their job (same as Stoke bullied Fulham again, according to Jol). It happens in football, Villa set out their stall and their plan and ruined what might have been a good game of football.  Wenger was not at fault in any way. The sooner teams like (the current) Villa and Stoke are out of the diivision the better. (I think).

Berserker

Ah problem is i don't think they will be out of the league in quite a while unfortunately :-(
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bassey the warrior

So long as Arsenal get fourth the board will be happy. They like him especially because he's a bit of a yes man. He's more than happy to increase their profits. Good manager at the heart but he's become stale.

Jimpav

Sacking Wenger will be a sure fire way for Arsenal to lose out on Champions league football- the lifeblood of the club.

You would be hard pushed to find a manger of his caliber that would tolerate selling his star players each season and still finish in the top 4 year after year.

Arsenal are unlikely to win the league again whilst Citeh and Chelski are being bank rolled but if they do it will be with Wenger at the helm.

Mr_Moon

Most of Arsenal's problems are at board level. There's a huge clash of interests there as Kroenke doesn't want to invest whilst Usmanov's partner Moshiri wants to pump money in. Wenger doesn't have the same level of influence in the boardroom since Dein left and it's no real coincidence that since then, knives have been out for Mr Wenger.

MurphLegend

Wenger is a great manager

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

MJG

Quote from: MurphLegend on November 26, 2012, 07:41:04 AM
Wenger is a great manager

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
Is or was?