News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone know how many we took to Stoke yesterday?

Started by mr-ska, November 25, 2012, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

Anyone know how many we took to Stoke yesterday?

Just wondering if the numbers were up, as recent games have shown excellent support.

mr-ska

Oh dear.. well with Chelsea and Spurs coming up, i can understand money might be tight.

zzamora

Quote from: mr-ska on November 25, 2012, 04:18:53 PM
Oh dear.. well with Chelsea and Spurs coming up, i can understand money might be tight.
Yeah well, away support is always crap anywhere that's more than 50 miles away sadly.

mojo

Yes, about 500 including two Emos and one Robin, where was Batman?

Atmosphere amongst the fulham fans was better than the match, that 'famous' gladatorial atmosphere of the stoke fans was noticeably absent, as it has been every time I've been there

mr-ska

Quote from: ddeuce on November 25, 2012, 06:08:58 PM
Yeah well, away support is always crap anywhere that's more than 50 miles away sadly.
Didnt used to be..  when we were in the lower leagues we were taking 750 plus plus where ever we played. I used to go away week in week out and our numbers were always strong.

zzamora

Quote from: mr-ska on November 25, 2012, 06:14:42 PM
Didnt used to be..  when we were in the lower leagues we were taking 750 plus plus where ever we played. I used to go away week in week out and our numbers were always strong.

Agree. Its a strange one that. Always take large within London/ the South, but rarely anywhere else. I think theres two things; firstly, a culture of not being away fans. I'm sorry, but we sit down for out matches, most noticeable at Arsenal where we went 2-2, I stood up to chant and the guy behind me asked me to sit down because he couldn't see (and he was Fulham supporting) and we only reallly chant at derbys/ when we're on top. Before anyone attacks me, there are noticeable sections that do chant, and very loudly, but not to the level that some away fans (arsenal stoke etc) do.  Says it all: lack of an away culture. I honestly think that we have missed a fantastic chance to change that culture this season; who knows what we might take if Southampton/Reading were both wins...

Money is another. Fairplay on that one.

Berserker

Quote from: ddeuce on November 25, 2012, 06:24:34 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on November 25, 2012, 06:14:42 PM
Didnt used to be..  when we were in the lower leagues we were taking 750 plus plus where ever we played. I used to go away week in week out and our numbers were always strong.

Agree. Its a strange one that. Always take large within London/ the South, but rarely anywhere else. I think theres two things; firstly, a culture of not being away fans. I'm sorry, but we sit down for out matches, most noticeable at Arsenal where we went 2-2, I stood up to chant and the guy behind me asked me to sit down because he couldn't see (and he was Fulham supporting) and we only reallly chant at derbys/ when we're on top. Before anyone attacks me, there are noticeable sections that do chant, and very loudly, but not to the level that some away fans (arsenal stoke etc) do.  Says it all: lack of an away culture. I honestly think that we have missed a fantastic chance to change that culture this season; who knows what we might take if Southampton/Reading were both wins...

Money is another. Fairplay on that one.

I don't think the weather helped. Some fans that actually live outside of London couldn't get there because of the floods, in as much as trains and buses cancelled etc.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Scrumpy

I was there.

I think we have had a pretty good away support this year. It was nearly 600 yesterday (from Stoke steward), and that's a couple of hundred more than usual. But I take your point that our away support is not always great.

Still, 4000 on Wednesday and a similar number against QPR. Many will have seen Stoke as the one to miss (quite rightly, as it turned out  fp.gif).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

A Humble Man

Stoke is a hole and because of the way they play we are never likely to win there as their system destroys football playing teams, that is another reason why it is an exception.  It was a decent crowd who gave good support while the rain lashed down.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Jambo

About this many.....

About this many.....

Poste3d on twitter by talksports Moose.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cottage cheese

to make a point

Our away numbers have been low over the years..My reason is that 9/10 we play absolute crap away from home . I may be attacked but I honestly think its sad that some fans go on and on and on and on about away numbers.  Who cares if people dont travel up to see the team. Just because you support a club does not mean you HAVE to go to every game.
It comes down to how commited people are. I play a lot of sport on the weekends and have a season ticket anc probly go to about 3/4 away games as well. Does make me less of a supporter compared to someone who goes week in week out?

Dont forget, we are the only country that has an "away day" culture and its not everyones cup of tea in going up to stoke or wigan or sunderland for a few hours.
Kudos to the people that do go to every game.

Burt

£££s must come in to it somewhere. Not just the high cost of getting in, but travel to and from, food and beer, etc. etc.

Bryanthebroom

Was at the game and I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor. To be fair I thought we were quite loud given the nature of the performance. Was anybody else stuck on the bus back to the station yesterday? What was that all about? Must have been stuck there half an hour and missed my train. Ridiculous.

tomcolemanfry

Horrible place, very quiet atmosphere. Thought our constant chanting of 'Martin Jol's black & white army' was brilliant!