Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Clubs: -

Bournemouth-Administration
West Ham- Almost
Southampton-Administration
Portsmouth-Almost
Spuds-Soon

Now I know, he was at Bournemouth and Spammers a while ago but he may well have set something in motion at those clubs that couldnt be stopped.

Also giving Utake £80,000 a week, Sol Campbell £70,000 a week and David James £60,000 a week isnt seeming like the greatest of plans with a ground smaller than ours, lower ticket prices and lower sponsorship!

Harry to relegate Spurs and defect to West Ham anyone??

WhiteJC

its a "gift", I'd like him to go to Man City

Steve_orino

...and been able to get away without penalty?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

think it has something to do with him being "A Git" not sure though.................... ;)

TonyGilroy

and have the press loving him.

Fact is that he won't have been in charge of these clubs finances so he must have inordinate personal charm enabling him to persuade his "bosses" to reach for the skies with money the clubs can't afford.

Or, conceivably, some knowhow as to how some of that money can be diverted to worthy personal causes. Or at least that's been alleged by people telling grossly defamatory porkies.

It's definitely the charm.

vagrant

Have to admit, I would love Spurs to call in administrators in a couple of years time.  By then though, 'Arry would have flown the nest, and another club would believe he was the messiah ......

finnster01

I think he is destined to end up at Liverpool which will be wonderful thing. They are in the same class. After Honest Harry came back to London, I noticed my socks started to disappear so Liverpool should be a good fit
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 28, 2010, 03:07:39 PM
and have the press loving him.

Fact is that he won't have been in charge of these clubs finances so he must have inordinate personal charm enabling him to persuade his "bosses" to reach for the skies with money the clubs can't afford.

Or, conceivably, some knowhow as to how some of that money can be diverted to worthy personal causes. Or at least that's been alleged by people telling grossly defamatory porkies.

It's definitely the charm.

Tony,

Spot on there old chap.
Arry doesn't control the purse strings, he just advises and cajoles the money-men into spending it. The problems that those clbs faced could very easily be put down to owners that - though they might have made a mint in other walks of life - have very little idea as to how to manage the finances of a football club, and so rely on the likes of Arry to provide the expertise, and it's only once he's flown the coop they discover he was peddling BS the whole time.

The Rock

You forgot Sheffield United.

Weren't Tevez and Mescherano signed under his reign before Pardew arrived?

cebu

Before sending him to exotic climes like Manchester, he could go to Stamford Bridge. I mean him and a shifty Russian oil magnate - marriage made in heaven!

HatterDon

Quote from: cebu on January 29, 2010, 12:31:45 AM
Before sending him to exotic climes like Manchester, he could go to Stamford Bridge. I mean him and a shifty Russian oil magnate - marriage made in heaven!

oy, one of your t's turned into an f!   8)
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

But we're always so polite here ...   ;)