watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we beat Spurs?

Started by Admin, November 29, 2012, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I hate Spurs with a passion, more so than QPR mainly because I know a lot of Spurs fans and they are just so blinkered. You can never have a football conversation with them because it always reverts back to their club and one of their players is always better. They assume they've always been great since the 60's, this year if not next is their year and I find them in general just arrogant.

Spurs will be a tougher test than Chelsea. Not only will Demebele' and Dempsey come back to prove something, we'll have to deal with Bale and a very inform Defoe.

Diarra and Sidwell will have to boss that midfield whilst Riether will have problems with Bale. Got a feeling Defoe will run Senderos ragged.

By far, this has to be the result of the season for me anyway. How do you lot think we'll fair? 

JBH

Personally I think a couple of hard but fairish tackles on Bale in the first 5 mins are the order of the day in fact it might even be worth a yellow card  065.gif

mangoputney

Last year we battered them and got counter punched, hopefully football gods are on our side

I'd eat my own shirt if Rodamisscontrolla scores a scorching winner... "Makes Dempsey look shite"
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

jarv

I see no reason why not. However, their pace worries me a bit so the back 4 (3 of them) will need some help. 092.gif

AlFayedsChequebook

We can beat them. Hopefully we will. But it is not a certainty as they can also beat us

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Zu-Meister

target gallas, hes slow and old and weak. dont know why AVB starts him over dawson.

EJL

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 29, 2012, 02:02:44 PM
target gallas, hes slow and old and weak. dont know why AVB starts him over dawson.
Dawson is also incredibly slow. I'd imagine he'll rejoin 'Arry in January.

grandad

Two of their players worry me. Bale has the ability to destroy any team. Not only with his undoubted skills but also his cheating & diving. Why do great players feel they have to do this. The refs must crack down HARD on players like him. Defoe worries me. He is a player I have always admired. He has far too much pace for our defence. We won´t be able to sit back as we did last night. We must take the game to them from the start & expose their weakness in Gallas & Dawson.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Kent Cassandra

Theres the rub... Do we try to do to Spurs as we did to Chelsea, gaurantee a draw and maybe nick it or do we have a go and put it in the lap of the Gods...win or lose.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

cottage cheese

i really have bad feeling we will start the game like we did against everton and allow spurs to dictate from the start and counter our way in. Rarely have we this season hit it from the word go which is needed to beat teams like spurs, chelsea etc

CH FFC

I am not convinced that AVB has the team figured out, which could be good for us. 

Individual efforts is what has been pushing Spurs.  IF we can play our game, then we can win.  I do not feel that Spurs have figured out what their game is, and it will be more of - If Spurs players are on, then they can win.

So with that being said, if we can dictate the pace and start off slow then we can control the game.  Of course there still needs to be a worry on the counter Attack

FC Silver Fox

I agree with Grandad. Bale and Defoe will punish us if we are slack at the back, although Riether has the experience (if not the speed) to cope with Bale. I think we can score goals given their defence weaknesses.  I can see this being a score draw and I'd take that quite honestly.
So, can we win?  Yes, but we could lose too.

One other thing: Jol will Oh , so want to win this one.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Beefy

Quote from: Admin on November 29, 2012, 01:21:50 PM
I hate Spurs with a passion
I don't care if no one believes me, but when I saw the title of this thread I immediately knew that I had to post something that begins with "I hate Spurs with a passion." Word for word exactly that. Really strange.

mccscratch

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 29, 2012, 02:02:44 PM

Do you not recall how Dawson has played against us in the past?
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Burt

If we show a bit more grit and determination than we have in our recent home matches, rather than allowing them to boss things, then anything is possible.

Too hard to call though.

btings

The backline is shaky, their midfield sputters at times.  A win is not impossible.

A Humble Man

Of course we can beat Spurs, they have some good players like we do but it will depend on who takes the initiative on the day.
We Are Fulham, Believe.