watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Awful Performance

Started by Ordar, December 01, 2012, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillNRoc

A team that can't score is a team that can't win. Our draw at Chelsea doesn't look so good compared to the drubbing West Ham gave them, does it? It looks more like a result of two sides in poor form playing each other.

Even with most of the changes I advocated, we created next to nothing. Without all of our best players, we're just not very good. Sure, the first goal was flukey, but a superior keeper doesn't have to pull it out of the back of the net. Senderos was absolute rubbish on 2 and 3.

The thinness of our squad is apparent now. With two of the four starters at the back out, with Ruiz and Kaca out, we struggle to be mediocre. Captain's armband or no, Berbatov must be wondering why he didn't go to Italy after all.

JackyFulham90

I thought it was a decent performance overall a few points though

Senderos is really poor
Frei had a bad game but is still a great talent
Berbatov & Ruiz are our best front pairing
I still feel we will finish in the top 10

YankeeJim

Well, if Fulham were a stock market, I'd say we need to sell a few (Mark, Frei, Senderos, & Petric & Rodallega). The later three don't have it, the first has lost it and the second is a long way from being ready for this level. And based on today we should be happy we sold the Dems. Neither looked all that good today.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BillNRoc

That's the frightening part - up until the first goal, Spurs looked very ordinary and their best player went off injured. But goals 2 and 3 looked like a good club taking the measure of a poor one. No one on our side came close to setting up anything resembling the chances that Defoe converted.

Sorry, but I don't see how it can be 'a decent performance' when you score 0 and they score 3, on your home field, especially when we've scored 0 three times in a row.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 01, 2012, 06:08:49 PM
I just fear on current form, you can give Qpr their first win

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2

God Count...that would just be the worst... 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif but I don't have a great deal of positive vibes at this point.
We could really use those 4 damn points we pissed away right now.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

alfie

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on December 01, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
Senderos directly responsible for goals 2 and 3 - couldn't believe what I was watching with the 2nd goal, spurs went around him like he wasn't there.

Just felt so sorry for berbatov today. Far away the best player on the pitch yet we still lost 3-0. Bring on the January transfer window.

So Spurs went round Senderos like he wasn't there. hmm i think i have seen that happen to both the H's on occasions, and just a thought who did Defoe go around to get the pass to score, was Senderos supposed to be marking him as well
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

We need the same thing as we needed in the last transfer window. But we sold our best players and brought in old men. We need a spine. A forward, a central midfielder, a central defender and a keeper. We have a keeper at Hull who deserves a chance. But the rest hasn't changed. Bernatov needs a forward with pace alongside him otherwise he and Petric just play too deep and wxpect Sidwell to push forward. Our best player Sidwell today. Shame he was being asked to play in three positions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Until S's  error from a speculative  , long distance shot, we were doing OK. But that goal gave them confidence, and dented ours.

Then , familar defensive frailties became apparent as we chased the game. We also  really missed Riether, and Kelly obviously lacks game time.

Berba is a class apart, and really misses Ruiz - aout the only one to be on his wavelength. The team misses Ruiz!

It's hard to imagine Berba staying with us  long, especially since everybody else has been alerted to how good he still is - imagine him in a good team!

However, all is not lost - and we can still turn things around, with injury and suspension returnees,and possible new signings. It's  surely encouraging that we were the equal of Spurs in this game, and in the previous game at Chelsea. We had a lot of bad luck yesterday - with the injury , and S's mistake.

Aaron

Quote from: RaySmith on December 02, 2012, 01:10:04 AM
It's hard to imagine Berba staying with us  long, especially since everybody else has been alerted to how good he still is - imagine him in a good team!

Agreed.  I don't think he can leave in January (assuming he wanted to) regardless but at the end of the season I would be amazed if we don't see half a dozen clubs come looking.  This makes it all the more annoying that we aren't doing a West Brom right now.. 

That's two years in a row this fixture has pissed me right off.  We should have won last season too and it finished 3-1 to the Spuds.  We weren't awful today, but our well known and oft lamented weaknesses decided to pop up and remind us all why although we signed Berbatov, we still failed in the last transfer window.  We looked better today relative to the opposition than we did against Everton where we were comprehensively outplayed yet we nicked a point from that, so the scoreline doesn't always tell the full story.

Still there are 15 points up for grabs yet this month.  I'm forecasting 7 but thinking that 12 - 13 isn't beyond the realms of possibility..  Similarly 3 or 4 isn't all that unlikely either depending on how the next two games go.  I'm feeling good about the second half of the season though.