watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Awful Performance

Started by Ordar, December 01, 2012, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

On the back of a solid, if slightly uninspiring performance against the chavs during the week, we then play a Spurs side who couldnt have looked much less interested if they'd tried, and somehow manage to perform even worse.

Frei is not the answer. Was abysmal today, was rarely in the game, and when he had the ball lost it. Offers no width whatsoever and has no final ball. It was obvious why he wasnt being played at Cardiff. He might develop into a good player, but at the moment is nowhere near the required level.

Schwarzer had very little to do, and did it all very badly. Awful keeping for the first goal on top of his catastophically bad distribution as always. Regardless of what the majority seem to believe, he's no longer good enough.

Senderos was, well, Senderos. I've been one of his biggest defenders on here, but that time is over. I dont believe he's a bad player, but his concentration levels seem to be very poor.

Petric and Berbatov do not work well up front together. We need pace up top to stretch the defence or we become very 1 dimensional. Berbatov ends up dropping far too deep. Rodellega is getting unfair criticism and should be given a run in the side UP FRONT.

Sidwell and Diarra did ok in CM, but neither is creative. Nothing we can really do about this area.

Our crossing is disastrous. Hits the front man far too often.

We seem to be limping towards January, and I can only hope the club has some players lined up. Thats now 7 without a win and we can conceivably lose to Newcastle, give QPHA their first win, and lose to Suarez (I mean Liverpool). The creativity from the start of the season has totally disappeared. We have created 4 chances in TOTAL over the past 3 games. Thats just poor. I think Ruiz's return is being counted on to turn things round. Although we werent playing well the last few games before he got injured.

I dont think we'll be sucked into the relegation struggle, but I equally cant see a top 10 finish  

CanadianCottager

We need to wrap Bryan Ruiz's leg in bubble wrap he get's back, in the three games since Sunderland, we haven't scored, in the three games before that, we scored 8! Diarra has done a lot to tighten up our midfield, our problem today was that we offered nothing going forward and handed over initiative to Spurs, Bryan (when healthy) changes that.

PaulUMD

Still think we need some sort of creative force in the center midfield.  Not sure Diarra and Siddy can be that. 

Bassey the warrior

I think that's harsh. It wasn't awful by any stretch of the imagination. Possession was good, by and large we kept them quiet. Before Schwarzer's error we were the better side, although that doesn't say a lot. We were undone by individual errors, only the second goal was really class. That could've been prevented.

What is clear is that we miss Ruiz. If Petric and Berba are to play together we need a Ruiz type player playing too to get the ball to them. Dejagah had his best game so far and he's improving, he's going to be a good player for us. Frei lacked sharpness and should really have come off earlier. We need players that's undeniable.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: PaulUMD on December 01, 2012, 05:25:04 PM
Still think we need some sort of creative force in the center midfield.  Not sure Diarra and Siddy can be that. 

Diarra does have it in him. He showed that today. If he was given more freedom he could produce some of those nice through balls more often. But we'd also miss his defensive discipline. He's just a great player.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Ordar on December 01, 2012, 05:09:12 PM
On the back of a solid, if slightly uninspiring performance against the chavs during the week, we then play a Spurs side who couldnt have looked much less uninterested if they'd tried, and somehow manage to perform even worse.

Frei is not the answer. Was abysmal today, was rarely in the game, and when he had the ball lost it. Offers no width whatsoever and has no final ball. It was obvious why he wasnt being played at Cardiff. He might develop into a good player, but at the moment is nowhere near the required level.

Schwarzer had very little to do, and did it all very badly. Awful keeping for the first goal on top of his catastophically bad distribution as always. Regardless of what the majority seem to believe, he's no longer good enough.

Senderos was, well, Senderos. I've been one of his biggest defenders on here, but that time is over. I dont believe he's a bad player, but his concentration levels seem to be very poor.

Petric and Berbatov do not work well up front together. We need pace up top to stretch the defence or we become very 1 dimensional. Berbatov ends up dropping far too deep. Rodellega is getting unfair criticism and should be given a run in the side UP FRONT.

Sidwell and Diarra did ok in CM, but neither is creative. Nothing we can really do about this area.

Our crossing is disastrous. Hits the front man far too often.

We seem to be limping towards January, and I can only hope the club has some players lined up. Thats now 7 without a win and we can conceivably lose to Newcastle, give QPHA their first win, and lose to Suarez (I mean Liverpool). The creativity from the start of the season has totally disappeared. We have created 4 chances in TOTAL over the past 3 games. Thats just poor. I think Ruiz's return is being counted on to turn things round. Although we werent playing well the last few games before he got injured.

I dont think we'll be sucked into the relegation struggle, but I equally cant see a top 10 finish  

Absolutely huge  :plus one:. I've been saying many similar things in the threads popping about regards Frei, Schwarz and Phil.

I too have defended Senderos until now but he's not nearly good enough, I cannot any more fight his case.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Count Berbatov

Ok. Frei - too early, too much to start in a derby. Not sure if he's got the quality either. Kaca back soon please.
Dejegah. Woeful. I think he's put left to help defensively. Attacking wise? He made so many wrong decisions, poor touches and runs, it's unacceptable
Schwarzer has to take the blame for the first goal and his kicking. Poor
Petric. Missed the two best chances...
Diara. Average.
The fullbacks, Sidwell did ok

And then, there's Berba. You have to feel sorry for him I wonder what's going through his mind right now... He looked a class apart from everyone on the pitch

Jol. Picked the wrong team. Late with the changes. Picked the wrong ones anyway. Should have taken off Frei earlier. Petric as well. Should have put Karagounis

I might have been right when I said one point from the last games, including the next one
Let's hope the injured are back and soon

EDIT : forgot about Senderos. At fault for the goal. Makes me nervous. Think he's improved, and relative to Hangeland, who people forget also had a run of poor games and specifically positioning

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE Using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bryanthebroom

Senderos directly responsible for goals 2 and 3 - couldn't believe what I was watching with the 2nd goal, spurs went around him like he wasn't there.

Just felt so sorry for berbatov today. Far away the best player on the pitch yet we still lost 3-0. Bring on the January transfer window.

RidgeRider

I still think we will be in top 10 but we are in a bad patch. We weren't that great on Wednesday frankly and while we created a few chances, the team we were playing were out of form and playing defensive so we should have had some chances.

I don't know the first thing about tactics but Jol got it wrong again today.

He changes our lineup every week as though we are Manchester United. He sticks to the high line regardless of who we are playing (though last week I think we played more defensive) but with two defensive mids in our lineup week in and week out. Personally I feel like we need to be playing more defensive consistently until Ruiz is back in the lineup. Depending on Ruiz to save us though gives me no comfort because he is so injury prone. I'm starting to get this uneasy feeling he may never stay in the lineup for more than a month at a time as a starter.

We need a QUALITY replacement in the middle to move our attack forward and provide our strikers with service. Diarra and Sidwell CAN'T fill this role. Its clear.

Our form is well off. We are not scoring goals and we were beaten by a pacier team behind a some very suspect shot stopping by Schwarzer. I'm getting close to finally thinking Stockdale might be a better choice at keeper. If he would only stay away from Burger King I would be convinced.

A month of a disappointments.

os5889

Change the names and team to Wales and you can some up my day  twice

alfie

I sometimes wonder what we want from our team, we are at home and required to play an attacking line up, so we have Frei who everyone seemed to be crying out for so he gets played, then we wanted the iranian in the line up with 2 up front in Berba and Petric, a midfield that we really don't have much option with and the same with the defence. We more than held our own in the first half in fact i thought we took the game to them very well. Then a fluky goal and all of a sudden we are on the back foot and our current scape goat takes all the blame in defence, suddenly Frei is nowhere near good enough and the iranian makes all the wrong decisions.

Us supporters are all expert managers and players, yet none of us are out there doing it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RidgeRider

Quote from: alfie on December 01, 2012, 05:55:21 PM
I sometimes wonder what we want from our team, we are at home and required to play an attacking line up, so we have Frei who everyone seemed to be crying out for so he gets played, then we wanted the iranian in the line up with 2 up front in Berba and Petric, a midfield that we really don't have much option with and the same with the defence. We more than held our own in the first half in fact i thought we took the game to them very well. Then a fluky goal and all of a sudden we are on the back foot and our current scape goat takes all the blame in defence, suddenly Frei is nowhere near good enough and the iranian makes all the wrong decisions.

Us supporters are all expert managers and players, yet none of us are out there doing it.

Very good point Alfie. I am just really disappointed. We have not actually won a match in so long it feels like a lifetime ago. My sense is folks want certain players to be slotted in because we haven't been winning with others in those slots and that somehow that magic formula will finally be found if those new players play up to a standard that maybe beyond their capacity.

Berserker

I'm really dissappointed. I would like to go to a match where we actually win, it would make my day
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Count Berbatov

I just fear on current form, you can give Qpr their first win

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RidgeRider

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 01, 2012, 06:08:49 PM
I just fear on current form, you can give Qpr their first win

agreed. our players can't be feeling confident at the moment

MJG

Frei was disappointing' but to be fair how times did he get the ball in a position to run at them? Once maybe twice.

Burt

Wouldn't say it was an awful performance... Not great by any stretch, but up until they scored we looked the better side and 3-0 flattered them.

Just hope Berba doesn't regret his move here. He was a class apart.

ffc73

We are bottom of the form league. A place behind QPR & two behind Toon. 5 points above the relegation zone.

Two massive games up next

Re Berba. Anyone know if you can have a get out clause in your contract along the lines of "I made a mistake"

Peabody

Sorry but I must of been watching a different game. I thought we were in it for long stretches and when they scored what was a flukey goal that MS should have saved only then did our heads go down. Alfie is right, you lot think you can do better but you are'nt. Whatever, the scoreline flattered Spurs. Oh yeah and how hypercritical some of you were today. Not long ago you absolutely destroyed Sean Davis when he was playing for Spurs, just like you were doing to Dempsey today and what happened at half time, Sean Davis comes on and you all applaud him.