watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reaping what we sow.

Started by Jambo, December 01, 2012, 06:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Today was the result of what we did in the transfer market.  Once again we waited until the last day to get best value, deals fell through and we find ourselves one injury and one suspension away from having Kelly and senderos in the side.  We shouldn't have had to sign to free transfer to boost the numbers.

Schwarzer, I've lost all confidence in him and for me it's time for a change.  He doesn't put himself in the places to get hurt anymore, I don't think it's any coincidence that we have conceded lots from crosses, he doesn't come for them, Southampton and reading spring to mind, he should have dived at the feet of Fellaini for his second and that's just what I can remember.

We now find ourselves in a position where we have put ourselves under pressure to sign well in jan when it didn't have to be like that.  All of a sudden the next 2 games are massive for us, home to a out of form Newcastle and away the a Harry Redknapp QPR side.  Anything less than 4 points then I must admit ill be worried.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Count Berbatov

Well, Jol knows it. Let's hope he got something up his sleeve
Meanwhile, the players need the "hairdryer" treatment from Jol
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jambo

I don't know if they do, some are just not good enough.  You can't polish a turd
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

BarryP

Fulham will continue to struggle until there is a player consistently on the pitch who can link the back line with front line without Berbatov having to come back so far to receive the ball.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

sipwell

Let's not exaggerate please. We played Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham over the last couple of weeks. We missed our playmaker (Ruiz) and our central defender (Hangeland) in two of those games. We will be fine.

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Jambo on December 01, 2012, 06:30:42 PM
I don't know if they do, some are just not good enough.  You can't polish a turd

Haha made me chuckle.

Jol seems to have succeeded in turning a rock solid defence in to at times a pub defence. Man for man this is the best defence we have had in the premiership yet we can't defend. It's embarrassing the only redeeming point at the start of the season was we were fantastic going forward but now we can't even do that.

January shopping list..... New goalkeeper, new centre back, two quality creative midfielders and a striker who can finish.

Oakeshott

Make that two centre backs. Like virtually all our top players from the Roy/Hughes years, it seems likely that Brede doesn't want to hang around under the present manager. I don't blame him.

PokerMatt

Quote from: BarryP on December 01, 2012, 06:31:07 PM
Fulham will continue to struggle until there is a player consistently on the pitch who can link the back line with front line without Berbatov having to come back so far to receive the ball.

Is that not Ruiz?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ScalleysDad

I don't know if they do, some are just not good enough.  You can't polish a turd

Actually when I was at University a group of us moved into newish lodgings and we found this bottle of chrome cleaner under the sink and ............

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sipwell on December 01, 2012, 06:39:29 PM
Let's not exaggerate please. We played Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham over the last couple of weeks. We missed our playmaker (Ruiz) and our central defender (Hangeland) in two of those games. We will be fine.

Finally some sense. We will be fine but we do need to add players if we are to finish in the top half. Ruiz is the person that we're missing most. Dembele has left a massive whole too. We need cover for Ruiz, I think expecting another Dembele is overly optimistic.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 01, 2012, 07:11:52 PM

Is that not Ruiz?

He isn't consistently on the pitch though is he.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on December 01, 2012, 06:47:12 PM

Haha made me chuckle.

Jol seems to have succeeded in turning a rock solid defence in to at times a pub defence. Man for man this is the best defence we have had in the premiership yet we can't defend. It's embarrassing the only redeeming point at the start of the season was we were fantastic going forward but now we can't even do that.

January shopping list..... New goalkeeper, new centre back, two quality creative midfielders and a striker who can finish.

Our defence is considerably worse but our offence by and large has been considerably better. We need Ruiz to make Jol's tactics work however.

TWFL

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 01, 2012, 07:11:03 PM
Make that two centre backs. Like virtually all our top players from the Roy/Hughes years, it seems likely that Brede doesn't want to hang around under the present manager. I don't blame him.

You don't blame him for wanting to leave with Jol in charge? I'm sorry what? One of our best managers in recent history (bar Roy of course) and you think people don't want to be here for what Jol is creating? Crazy talk. It's a bad run, give the team some time and wait till January and see what our plans are. Till then  S001.gif

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: The Moose on December 01, 2012, 08:45:41 PM

Finally some sense. We will be fine but we do need to add players if we are to finish in the top half. Ruiz is the person that we're missing most. Dembele has left a massive whole too. We need cover for Ruiz, I think expecting another Dembele is overly optimistic.

Sadly Ruiz,good as he is,can't cope with the physical side of the Premiership (how did the famous FFC medical fail?)
He will never play consistently & for a decent run of games - it ain't gonna happen
Without Brede we have shown the true state of our defensive cover - very,very poor
Brede has "one last chance" to play for a "bigger team" so will be off in January (same contractual position as D & D so we either sell now or get nothing)
He hasn't signed the exteneded contract has he?
Keep Calm & Carry On by all means - but we are hanging on now for the January window - & we have never been overly successful in that period
The damage was done when D & D left as they did (& that was a case of take the money or get nothing as with Brede)
Our very decent start has been well & truly undone
For Jol to say we are just short of a couple of players back & suggest all will be well is utter la la land
Lawro made the point (I think about Arsenal but it applies to ANY team) that if as a player you don't face competition for your place,you just have to show up & play - & then you become complacent
Jol needs to instill competition for places (even given the alternatives are not great @ present)
Prime example of Stockdale sent out on loan leaving Mark Schwarzer under no pressure
Bowie sang it as "Under Pressure" & some of that is needed along with the hairdryer & anything else that is required to sort this out
Can Jol deliver in this respect?
Get's me mad to see the likes of Stoke & West Ham rising above us - it shouldn't be! 
Finish top half by signing a few players - your joking!
Depending on the next two results we could find ourselves well & truly back in the relgation struggle
Such a shame & waste given our great early start - but,maybe we were lucky & it's a case of chickens home to roost
What is needed against Newcastle & OPR is a "do or die" attitude
Jol - sort it out fast!

Jimbobob

:023: :023: :023:

"No - Fulham's punishment must be much more severe"....(for failing once again in the transfer market)
Bane and I agree. We need some meat on the hoof or we are in a world of hurt!!! And Ruiz is NOT the answer...

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on December 01, 2012, 09:39:59 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 01, 2012, 08:45:41 PM

Sadly Ruiz,good as he is,can't cope with the physical side of the Premiership (how did the famous FFC medical fail?)
He will never play consistently & for a decent run of games - it ain't gonna happen
Without Brede we have shown the true state of our defensive cover - very,very poor
Brede has "one last chance" to play for a "bigger team" so will be off in January (same contractual position as D & D so we either sell now or get nothing)
He hasn't signed the exteneded contract has he?
Keep Calm & Carry On by all means - but we are hanging on now for the January window - & we have never been overly successful in that period
The damage was done when D & D left as they did (& that was a case of take the money or get nothing as with Brede)
Our very decent start has been well & truly undone
For Jol to say we are just short of a couple of players back & suggest all will be well is utter la la land
Lawro made the point (I think about Arsenal but it applies to ANY team) that if as a player you don't face competition for your place,you just have to show up & play - & then you become complacent
Jol needs to instill competition for places (even given the alternatives are not great @ present)
Prime example of Stockdale sent out on loan leaving Mark Schwarzer under no pressure
Bowie sang it as "Under Pressure" & some of that is needed along with the hairdryer & anything else that is required to sort this out
Can Jol deliver in this respect?
Get's me mad to see the likes of Stoke & West Ham rising above us - it shouldn't be! 
Finish top half by signing a few players - your joking!
Depending on the next two results we could find ourselves well & truly back in the relgation struggle
Such a shame & waste given our great early start - but,maybe we were lucky & it's a case of chickens home to roost
What is needed against Newcastle & OPR is a "do or die" attitude
Jol - sort it out fast!
Firstly Jol said that to keep morale where it is. Saying the players we have aren't good enough is suicide for squad morale which already fragile. He's already said he plans to raid the market in January.
Furthermore Stockdale was sent out because he needs games, the competition element is still there because we can recall him if required.

If we are to keep what we have plus adding a few other players I definitely see us finishing top half. It all hinges on Ruiz's fitness and whether we can get in a suitable backup option. Berbatov is also extremely important but he won't create as many goals as Ruiz.

BarryP

Quote from: The Moose on December 01, 2012, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on December 01, 2012, 07:11:52 PM

Is that not Ruiz?

He isn't consistently on the pitch though is he.

Unfortunately he is not. I have said elsewhere that I think Ruiz is the cog that turns Fulham's offensive wheels but a broken cog won't turn anything.  Fulham has not shown that there is a player that can step into Ruiz's shoes when he is out and that must be addressed in January.  
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

RaySmith

Football is a team game - not just about individuals - and at the moment, with the injuries, etc, we are not gelling that well as a team. This is a lot to do with many new players coming in, and established ones leaving.

The success we had under Roy was due to highly drilled team performance, with defensive solidity as the basis. Jol has a less rigid, attacking philosophy, but has been undermined by players being sold, and injuries, but I believe we wiil achieve things under Jol - but these things don't happen overnight.

Lighthouse

Jol -  We need a central defender, midfielder and centre forward.

Club - Fine

Jol - Oh right, so we are clear then?

Club - Yes you want us to sell Ruiz,Brede and Berbatov and wait until the window closes and find non contract players.

Jol - English is a tough language.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zzamora

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 02, 2012, 10:30:45 AM
Jol -  We need a central defender, midfielder and centre forward.

Club - Fine

Jol - Oh right, so we are clear then?

Club - Yes you want us to sell Ruiz,Brede and Berbatov and wait until the window closes and find non contract players.

Jol - English is a tough language.
Ooooh.

Controversial.