more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (04/12/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 04, 2012, 04:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Reuniting Spurs old boys would help Jol keep Whites on track

Should Fulham boss Martin Jol look to Robbie Keane and reunite his partnership with Dimitar Berbatov?

Having enjoyed a successful spell at Aston Villa at the back end of last season, another loan move to the Premier League has been talked about for Keane come January.

Keane – the 11th highest Premier League goalscorer – has been seeing out his career at LA Galaxy for the last 16 months and was named in the MLS' best XI for 2012 after his goal helped Galaxy clinch the MLS Cup on Saturday.

Berbatov is in good form.

In the two years Berbatov and Keane partnered each other up front for Tottenham, they scored 91 goals between them.

In their first season together – their only full term under Jol – Berbatov scored 23 and Keane 22, as Spurs finished fifth in the Premier League for the second year running.

We may be a further five years down the line, but there is nothing to suggest they wouldn't deliver the goods again at Craven Cottage, if only for a short time, and help reignite Fulham's season.

Fulham fans know Berbatov still has some of his best to offer; they have seen many a touch of class from him, even in Saturday's 3-0 defeat against Tottenham. But what of Keane?

After netting 16 goals in the MLS regular season, the Irishman got a hat-trick in the triumph over Seattle Sounders in the Western Conference finals.

In the MLS Cup final – David Beckham's LA farewell – it was Keane who caught the eye and scored the third goal of a 3-1 win.

Whatever your opinion of the standard of football in the US, Keane still still looks sharp, hungry and effective.

Keane himself has done his best to play down reports of a return to England in the new year, telling reporters in the US last week: "Regarding going back, it isn't something I've even thought about to be honest with you.

"I'm really enjoying my time here, and as long as I keep enjoying myself and as long as I keep letting my football do the talking, I'll be very happy to stay."

But Jol has proven his ability to persuade former players to come and work under him again and Keane will have nothing but fond memories of his time playing for the Dutchman, and alongside Berbatov, at Tottenham.

He would provide an alternative to Mladen Petric that would compliment Fulham's style.

As proven goalscorers in the Premier League go, Keane is one of the very best and he would provide an injection of energy into the team that Fulham currently lack.

Do you think Robbie Keane would be a good signing for Fulham?

Yes
No

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/reuniting-spurs-old-boys-would-help-jol-keep-whites-on-track

WhiteJC

Martin Jol rules out Darren Bent move

Fulham boss Martin Jol has insisted that signing a striker in the January transfer window is not one of his main priorities.

The Cottagers have been linked with a move for Aston Villa's out-of-favour striker Darren Bent, but the Dutchman has admitted that his focus is elsewhere.

"I signed him at Tottenham because if you saw him at Charlton he scored almost one every two games, so I thought he's a quality finisher," Jol told the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle.

"You never know, but we've got three good strikers. We've got Hugo Rodallega, Mladen Petric and Dimitar Berbatov. In the hole, we've got [Bryan] Ruiz.

"Of course we could do with maybe another creative player in that position, then I could leave Berbatov up front all the time."

Bent made the Villa squad for the weekend draw with Queens Park Rangers, but did not take part in the match.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/jol-rules-out-bent-move_57721.html

WhiteJC

Less than 50 available

Less than 50 Half Season Tickets remain available for the 2012/13 season. Don't miss your chance to be at the Cottage for the biggest games of 2013

Half Season Tickets are now on sale for our final nine home matches, starting with Wigan Athletic on Saturday 12th January 2013 (3pm).

Cheer on the Whites against the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool and enjoy two West London derby matches against Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers.

Buy online today!

Read more about the Half Season Tickets at fulhamfc.com/halfseasontickets.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/03/less-than-50-available?

WhiteJC

Fulham's Aaron Hughes insists 3-0 scoreline flattered Tottenham
The Northern Ireland international has called on his side to swiftly move on from the weekend's result, rather than dwelling on a disappointing defeat to Spurs

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes has urged his players to quickly forget about their 3-0 loss to Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday, as they cannot afford to let their heads drop ahead of a busy winter schedule.

The 33-year-old has insisted that his team-mates must move on quickly from a result that he felt was undeserved, and instead take the positives from the 0-0 draw with Chelsea in midweek as they look to end a seven-game streak without a win.

Hughes acknowledged that although Spurs took advantage of the gaps left in defence, the margin of victory flattered the north London side in what was. for large spells, an evenly fought contest.

"I thought first half we did okay, even in the second half," he said, speaking to the club's official website. "We just conceded three weird goals, I guess.

"It didn't feel like a 3-0 defeat. I stood there looking at the scoreboard and couldn't believe it was 3-0, so it must have just been one of those games.

"But we've just got to accept it and get on with it now and deal with it, and it's important we don't let our heads drop too much.

"We'll have a look at it and see where we could have improved and what we could have done a little bit better, defensively and in attack, and we'll go from there.

"When you're at home you want to try and take the game to the opposition and that can sometimes leave you a little bit exposed in midfield and at the back.

"I thought it was just one of those days where we'll have to write it off and go on and pick things up again."

Hughes points to the performance that saw the Cottagers claim a point from Stamford Bridge in the days preceding the loss to Tottenham as an example of what the team can achieve under Martin Jol.

Though the side have only picked up 4 points from a possible 21 in their last seven league games, they have shown their quality in claiming points from Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton, leaving Hughes searching for balance.

"After the great performance and the great point we got in midweek at Chelsea, I think it's important to try and keep level headed about it," he added.

"Everyone was really high and buoyant after Wednesday, so it's important that we don't get too low after the Spurs game.

"We have to try and stay somewhere in the middle and keep going because there's a long way to go and we've got a busy period at Christmas where we can pick up points, so let's just keep going.

"We've got a little bit of time between now and the next match so we can recharge a little bit and we've got plenty of time for recovery.

"We've got a few little niggles and knocks so hopefully it gives them a couple of days to heal and repair and that means we go into the game with Newcastle with as full a squad as we can."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/03/3575653/-?

WhiteJC

There's only one team in Fulham
by DAN on DECEMBER 3, 2012

As we all are definitely in need of a lift after watching the Whites crumble in the second half against Spurs on Saturday, here's some of the footage of the away end acclaiming Fulham's fine point at Stamford Bridge after the final whistle last Wednesday night.

Fulham fans

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/12/theres-only-one-team-in-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Christmas at the Cottage

Christmas at the Cottage will take place on Tuesday 18th December at 6.30pm. This year's event will be strictly ticketed.

Junior Season Ticket Holder Signing Session

For those supporters who attended our home game against Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend, you may have heard the announcement explaining that, this year, our Christmas at the Cottage Signing Session will be a strictly ticketed event.

It is due to the growing demand each year - with more and more fans coming along to Christmas at the Cottage - that we have decided to make this event ticketed. 

The free Christmas at the Cottage Signing Session this year will therefore be limited to our Junior Season Ticket Holders only, who are now invited to enter an online ballot where 250 young fans will be randomly selected to attend the session, along with an accompanying adult.

Fans can find out more information about the event, and Junior Season Ticket Holders can enter the ballot here.
Enter the ballot

Christmas at the Cottage Dinner

With the Christmas at the Cottage Signing Session limited to just Junior Season Ticket Holders, fans are invited to purchase our Christmas at the Cottage Dinner.

This Dinner, priced at just £55 for adults* and £45 for under 16s, allows supporters to spend an evening in one of our Hospitality lounges where they will enjoy a three-course Christmas Dinner and appearances from members of the First Team, and Fulham Manager Martin Jol.

More information about the Christmas at the Cottage Dinner can be found here, while fans can buy their Dinner today; online, by email or by phone on 020 8336 7555.

*All prices exlcude VAT

Buy Dinner Package

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/03/christmas-at-the-cottage?

WhiteJC

Pardew hopeful key trio will be fit for Fulham

ALAN Pardew's confident Demba Ba, Cheik Tiote and Davide Santon will all be fit to face Fulham.

The trio limped out of Newcastle United's 3-0 win over Wigan Athletic at St James's Park last night.

Their injuries were the only downside to a hugely-significant victory for Newcastle, which ended a run of four defeats.

Ba and Tiote both felt tightness in their hamstrings, while Davide Santon left the field with a groin problem.

However, Pardew's revealed their withdrawals were "precautionary", and they're expected to be in the squad for the club's visit to Craven Cottage on Monday.

"I think they'll all be OK," said Pardew, whose squad has been decimated by a series of injuries.

"Hamstring for Cheik, hamstring for Demba – a tightness – and Davide is a groin.

"I think the three we took off were kind of precautionary rather than tears and horrible scans tomorrow.

"Fingers crossed, we think they might all make Fulham.

"I said to the players we have to accept that this is going to be one of those years.

"We are going to get blow after blow. We have to accept it. We just move on to the next game.

"We might be missing a few more. Who cares? We can still win if we have the same attitude. We won with a lot of players missing."

Before Pardew can think of the Fulham game, he has to take his team to Bordeaux for the club's final group stage game on Thursday night.

And the side Pardew field at the Stade Chaban-Delmas will be unrecognisable to that which took on Wigan, with United having already qualified for the competition's Round of 32.

"There will be a lot of changes for Bordeaux – trust me," he told the Gazette.

"I want to let our fans know early that it won't be the team that played against Wigan.

"We have to try to win at Fulham and get our first away win. I'll be resting a few, for sure."

Twitter: @milesstarforth

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-hopeful-key-trio-will-be-fit-for-fulham-1-5191845

WhiteJC

Fixture Changes

The kick-off times for two of Fulham's home games in February have been changed for live television coverage.

The Whites' clash with Manchester United on Saturday 2nd February will now kick-off at the later time of 5.30pm and will be shown live on ESPN.

And Fulham's fixture with Stoke City on Saturday 23rd February will now start at the earlier time of 12.45pm. The clash with the Potters will be shown live on Sky.

Earlier this season, Fulham lost 3-2 to United at Old Trafford. More recently, the Whites went down to a 1-0 defeat to Stoke at the Britannia Stadium.

In addition, Fulham's last game of the season at Swansea City will now kick-off at 4pm on Sunday 19th May in line with all other Barclays Premier League fixtures.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/december/04/fixture-changes?