watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fellaini's head butt of Shawcross

Started by Forever Fulham, December 17, 2012, 04:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I should feel angry about it.  It cheapens the game.  But  I don't.  Payback.  He has a history.  In my opinion, he's a cheap shot artist. Am I the only one who feels this way?  Have they settled on his punishment yet?  Shame, really.  He's had a phenomenal season so far.

MasterHaynes

Listening to Pulis moaning about all the decisions not given for fouls on his players begs the question why do you think all these teams players stick the boot into hs team.... provocation springs to mnd as a ready explanaton

F(f)CUK

One of the three assaults for which  Fellaini was responsible, clearly shows Shawcross to be giving him a bearhug.  It seems evident from just the snippets that I have seen that Shawcross wound Fellaini up big time with typically found tactics, otherwise known as cheating.

It also shows that the referee was clearly not doing anything about Shawcross, which led to Fellaini hitting out.

Burt

Burt

Not exactly the most violent I have seen, but the intent was there, and regardless of the provocation (of which there was probably plenty) Fellaini was in the wrong... Fair play to both Moyes and Fellaini for their post-match comments/apologies.

Forever Fulham

Agree.  They just don't call those 'grab and release' holds.  It's become part of the accepted landscape, especially on corners.  But he's a good defender when he plays clean.  He doesn't have to hug him.  Brede doesn't wrap his arms around strikers (much).  We should come up with word for this kind of play, when pervasively done.  I'm going to call it 'stoking'.  I think Shawcross likes to thug it up.  They say the referees look at offensive players' habits and anticipate who is going to dive, and such foreknowledge affects their decision to call a dive even when they don't  know for certain.  Why don't they do the same thing with defenders with a reputation for brutish behavior?  Much as I hate divers, I am far angrier at defenders who cripple a better opponent with a cynical tackle, lunge, elbow, or knee.  But I realize it is just to hard to watch four or five defenders at the same time.  Everyone watches the man with the ball.

YankeeJim

Not that Shawcross played it up mind you.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Yeah, Shawcross was wronged, on this occasion, but how many other times have we seen at corners, where he will deliberately jump into the oppositions keeper? How many times has he used his own elbow? or gone is a little too aggressive? The issue is that whenever he does it, Pulis calls it an 'old fashioned tackle', doesn't matter if the other players' leg breaks or not.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 17, 2012, 05:40:40 PM
Much as I hate divers, I am far angrier at defenders who cripple a better opponent with a cynical tackle, lunge, elbow, or knee.

One of my least favourite things bout football is players who "leave a mark" when making a tackle.  To decide to get a bit of the man when you can play the ball cleanly is absolutely pathetic in my eyes, no regard for a fellow pro.

Jimpav

Fellaini is a viscous player and if it wasn't for his obvious talent he would be a shoe in at Stoke.

west kowloon white

Pity didn't headbut Pullis whilst he was at it-weak referee-is anyone going to pick up Stoke .

FFCAli

I wish he'd been banned for the game against us.  Far and away the best player on the pitch.

bill taylors apprentice

Instead of the likely ban, I think he should be applauded for hi lighting the collective lack of responsibility shown by match officials and their blatant disregard for the rules. They obviously can't see everything going on in the box but generally they choose to ignore the fouling that everyone else can see.   

delgib11

No sympathy for Shawcross what so ever, u reap what u sow, he will stoop to anything just to get a edge, even needling an opponent enough to retaliate, to get him sent off.

mangoputney

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 18, 2012, 12:32:02 PM
Pity didn't headbut Pullis whilst he was at it-weak referee-is anyone going to pick up Stoke .

+ 1

Pulis priming the refs week in week out with his pity starting to get on my wick now

Stoke = thugs

Shame there so bloody effective with it, sooooooooooo want them to be relegated
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Logicalman on December 17, 2012, 05:49:53 PM
Yeah, Shawcross was wronged, on this occasion, but how many other times have we seen at corners, where he will deliberately jump into the oppositions keeper? How many times has he used his own elbow? or gone is a little too aggressive? The issue is that whenever he does it, Pulis calls it an 'old fashioned tackle', doesn't matter if the other players' leg breaks or not.

That pretty much relegated Bolton... the Bolton keeper had it in his hands... and Jon Walters headers it and the goal stands....
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

leonffc

I wouldn't condone what he did but you can clearly see him trying to shrug Shawcross off throughout the game. If the referee isn't going to do anything about it then he's got to take the matter into his own hands and fight fire with fire.
Fair play to Moyes for his aftermatch reaction - although why didn't he sub him if he knew 'the red mist' was rising?
And fair play to Shawcross for not crying about it. He got up and got on with every assault.

It's not right but I've been involved in similar matches (not so much me as I'm not very hard) at Saturday and Sunday level. It goes on unfortunately.

jarv

Leon, you beat me to it. Shawcross was clearly winding up Fellaini the whole game. It has always gone on in football but Shawcross takes it to a different level. He is a thug.

SP

Didn't Brede get the same 3 game ban for his tackle against SAFC? - mad.

MikeCdawg

I love the way he just looks at him and then mows him down!...It's good to see. Shawcross, im sure, was winding fellaini up all day. When we played them he was clippin' at Berbatov's heels the entire game. It really frustrated me.