watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get Behind The Manager

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, December 21, 2012, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

Hi this is my first posting on FoF,I joined a week ago but thought Id see what everybody
thought of things before making a comment.
Ive noticed that a few Jol out brigade have raised their ugly heads after a few bad results.
Injuries to midfield players and Bredes Suspension didnt help,Along with the loss of Dempsey and
Most importantly Dembelle hasnt helped.
Jol is a first class coach Who I believe has us playing the proper way(changing managers all
the time dont help any club) happens too often nowadys.
Below us Villa fans still chanting Lamberts name,as are Soton,Wigan and Reading still chanting
and backing their managers and singing their names,and all in worse postion than us.
I believe most who keep blaming the Manager all the time are new fans(premier boys) not like some
of us who have been through it all in 3rd Division.
Get behind Jol he is the right man for us..

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

NogoodBoyo

I don't know about that Packet.  I believe the biggest Jol-basher has been with us man and boy and put this whole site together but he tends only to respond to his own threads.
But, I like the cut of your gib because I'm a bit of a Jol convert after one or two early reservations.  I hope he wont' be hounded out by the combination of rabid fans and MAF's somewhat machiavelllian attitude towards transfers, expenditures and budgets along with the club's understandable strategy to operate within  its means.
Nogood "only saying, isit" Boyo
P.S.  And welcome aboard the freight train to midnight

BestOfBrede

076.gif
Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on December 21, 2012, 04:58:13 PM
Hi this is my first posting on FoF,I joined a week ago but thought Id see what everybody
thought of things before making a comment.
Ive noticed that a few Jol out brigade have raised their ugly heads after a few bad results.
Injuries to midfield players and Bredes Suspension didnt help,Along with the loss of Dempsey and
Most importantly Dembelle hasnt helped.
Jol is a first class coach Who I believe has us playing the proper way(changing managers all
the time dont help any club) happens too often nowadys.
Below us Villa fans still chanting Lamberts name,as are Soton,Wigan and Reading still chanting
and backing their managers and singing their names,and all in worse postion than us.
I believe most who keep blaming the Manager all the time are new fans(premier boys) not like some
of us who have been through it all in 3rd Division.
Get behind Jol he is the right man for us..
You don't know what you've got until you lose it!
The Jol out brigade may, unfortunately, learn this if he is hounded out. He has already said he needs to feel loved and if not appreciated moves on.
Good first post Tosh, from my point of view.

nose

and if we keep losing, or underacheiving, what then?
Last season I was not to keen on jol, this season I am much happier and I think the recent results a little bit unkind and unfortunate. BUT we don't have a balanced side and desparately need a player to act as a holding midfielder, we have enough players that could do it, he chooses not to play that style.
I think the next five games are vital if jol is to be a long term success. I think he'll do it.

A Humble Man

In my long experience Martin Jol is the best all round manager we have ever had we must give him time to get his team to play in his way.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Scrumpy

Yep, I am also in the 'Jol in' camp. Good first post Mr Fag Packet.

Any other thoughts?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

filham

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 21, 2012, 08:17:32 PM
In my long experience Martin Jol is the best all round manager we have ever had we must give him time to get his team to play in his way.
Quote from: A Humble Man on December 21, 2012, 08:17:32 PM

Earlier in the season when we were winning a lot of us thought that this was Jol's promised land,  now you say he needs more time which suggests perhaps the early season form was just a false dawn.

How long do we have to waite for the reall thing,remember Jol has now been with us for one and a half seasons.

CH FFC

Jol has done a marvelous job with what he has to work with.  He has basically rebuilt the attacking part of the team, and put together what he could with what was available.  Last weeks game is NOT Jol's fault, the lads hardly even showed up.  Not even for lack of motivation, but even from the players that have been there.....no heart....no pride....disrespectful to the fans.  I will see how they turn up tomorrow, but I cannot fault Jol for lack of motivation.  
This team is a long way from Jol's vision of a team, and I for one would really like to see where his vision can lead!!!

JackyFulham90

Jol is a top coach give the guy some real money he will take us into the top 6

HatterDon

Welcome to the site.

Oh, by the way, not everyone who complains about Jol wants him gone. As a matter of fact, I don't think you could find 3 posters on here who want him gone. The thing is that his supporters are a bit sensitive whenever a cross word is typed about him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If we all get behind him it will only make him nervous .................... it could start a stampede 

Lighthouse

The problem I have is that as much as I love the club and want Jol to do well. I really cannot be bothered to watch today. The timing in the evening is part of it. But the dreary away game non attack has finally done for me. I pray and hope and pray a bit more we can play well and even fight for a result. But Jol has made us as dull away as Roy did.

We are behind Jol but it has to work both ways. It may not be the fault of Jols we have no midfielders. It may not be Jols fault we have players falling out of form. It may not be Jols fault we have no attack. I don't care whose fault it is. I do care that after last week my love for the club that once had me travel through floods etc. Now has me saying ' I' ll look at the result but can't watch another display like that.'

Hope it is a great game and I regret not watching live.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Last season we had our first ever Prem win at Anfield. Before that we had Roy, who used to park the bus, and before that we used to get hammered.

Well, we might get hammeed today, with all our injuries, but under Jol our away record has improved, and we have generally had good results against top sides.

I am a bit mystified about those who claim to have supported the club for years saying this or that result was shocking - the worst ever performance; for I'm sure that I have witnessed many awful Fulham performances and results over the years, especially in the dark days of the bottom division.

Now Fulham are a longstanding Prem side, with the likes of Berbatov and other top international players, with a top manager, and sell out crowds, and talking of expanding the Cottage.

Lighthouse

Let us clarify something. Fulham have had awful performances when they were a club with no money and we used to follow them around to Doncaster and Stockport etc. The players were poor but usually they played for the love of the game. It was what Fulham were.

We are an established Prem side now with Berbatov and other top Internationals playing for us as RaySmith rightly says. Yet last week at our local rivals who are bottom of the table we produce not ONE effort at goal in the first half. Second half we produced only  a few more.

We could have been right up there but had to sell our best players and are waiting for the youth players to come through. A gamble on old men on short contracts is as much of a gamble as wasting money on transfers.

A performance at Liverpool would help. It is a big a mystery to me why our players refuse to turn up at so many away games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope