https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool v Fulham match thread

Started by FC Silver Fox, December 22, 2012, 02:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangoputney

We've been bad for months

18th place is ours

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

CanadianCottager

Petric or Rodallega for one of the horrendous CMs at halftime, Berba's looked plently lonely

deeffc

It's been a good long while since I've been on the forums but a few things massively stick out. Defending corners, the space between the penalty spot and the edge of the box is being exposed consistently last few matches. Was highlighted on the tv the other night too and the goal and another earlier free header showed that this hasn't been addressed which is pathetic. I can take us being out of form but not being prepared and not analysing our previous performances and fixing problems is unacceptable.
Berbatov to me clearly doesn't want to play up on his own. When he was signed it seemed pretty clear this would be the case. He wants to drop off and control things and when he does there is nobody to get the other side and make a run or be a threat. Either Petric or Rodallega need to be playing with him or Ruiz or someone who is prepared to make runs.
Defending is dire but we are going to be exposed if we have no possession and no movement.
Karagounis looks like a (young/ancient) Danny Murphy and at least has some quality on the ball in midfield and if we went 442 we may at least hold onto the ball but its pretty clear this isn't working.

Matt Inglis

So many of them don't seem to care, that's why this is so hard to watch.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

kennethwong20

Richardson, the new Senderos.

grrrrrr

Aaron

I don't think I'd turned the tele off before full time since the Sanchez days until this season.  I've just realised that I have now switched off 5 games since the 3-1 loss to Sunderland.

I was expecting a very bleak run into Christmas anyways, but we are much, much worse than I was even expecting.  It's going to be a very long season.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: LordNelson on December 22, 2012, 06:10:45 PM
Remember under Hughes the alleged player's revolt to his tactics that resulted in our second half of season good run of form?????   Is it time for another one? Is it tactics/manager or personnel??
Personnel, or lack there of imho. Too many squad players, not enough first teamers, we need a big January

craig10

Quote from: CanadianCottager on December 22, 2012, 06:13:35 PM
Petric or Rodallega for one of the horrendous CMs at halftime, Berba's looked plently lonely

and poor but i likely to be the only person to say it....
he NEEDS to run and show the effort he did in the first few games. he will not move.
granted, on the ball he is class but off it he does very little and that is why the "headless chicken" that is Hugo Roddellga has to play

CanadianCottager

Quote from: craig10 on December 22, 2012, 06:15:22 PM
Quote from: CanadianCottager on December 22, 2012, 06:13:35 PM

and poor but i likely to be the only person to say it....
he NEEDS to run and show the effort he did in the first few games. he will not move.
granted, on the ball he is class but off it he does very little and that is why the "headless chicken" that is Hugo Roddellga has to play
I agree, he just hasn't had his heart in it today, needs someone to feed him the ball so he can stuff the ball in the net and maybe liven up a bit

Logicalman

Thank you, we made it to HT with just 2 down.

mr-ska

Bassey the warrior

Gutless performance. The players need motivating, that means Jol off the pitch and Hangeland on it.
Now we're losing there's no point playing so negatively, get Rodallega on for Richardson or Frei on.

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Logicalman on December 22, 2012, 06:16:55 PM
Thank you, we made it to HT with just 2 down.
I was just about to say the same thing. We'd have no complaints if we were 4 down.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

fulhamjay

That first half was really hard to watch shocking first half hopefully jol will doing some changes,But we all know he wont.

craig10

Frei for Kaca
Rodders for Richardson
however i can see him taking off Karagounis or kaca for Rodders

TheDaddy

One minute of added time ,half time tactical change and a hair dyer in order !think Chris Waddle said it "I like the way Fulham play they passes it around but not today !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Bassey the warrior

And another point, we have two wingers on the pitch and yet we're constantly going down the middle. What's the point?

Logicalman

Quote from: The Moose on December 22, 2012, 06:18:12 PM
Gutless performance. The players need motivating, that means Jol off the pitch and Hangeland on it.

I can see the first of those happening, but as for the second part, how can you expect a want-away player to have any interest at all in captaining the team? Give the armband to Baird, or Berbie, or anyone else that might have an ounce of Fulham in their blood, but not that shirt-hanger that was the cause of the first goal, and totally out of position for the second.

Horse

Sooooo can we turn it around in the second half....

Walsh