more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southhampton Match Thread......

Started by rusty shackleford, December 26, 2012, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 26, 2012, 05:00:12 PM
So Senderos is getting the blame for this one too?

Didn't Baird give away the pen? Didn't he also head straight to Southampton who then won the pen from the corner?

Didn't Senderos head the ball across to Riise, who headed it to Baird who did the above?

Posters are looking for someone to blame, since the manager is not the problem apparently, it must be a defender who had did nothing that lead to their goal in the game.  :dead horse: I guess it has nothing to do with the lack of heart, energy, desire or will of the same players who have been mailing it in for some time now, but no....... that's Senderos' fault, whether he be on the pitch or on the bench.....

ron

Quote from: Rupert on December 26, 2012, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 26, 2012, 04:58:55 PM
We should have won.  That penalty was a shocking decision.  Why does Phil Dowd always referee against us?

The penalty was a textbook decision. You do not fling your arm at the ball, ever, unless you are the goalie.

.....or that fellow Terry down at the dog track...who only gets hand balled if he picks it up and actually starts running with it....?

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 26, 2012, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Nick the Swede on December 26, 2012, 04:34:37 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on December 26, 2012, 04:29:51 PM
Quote from: Nick the Swede on December 26, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Very strange in my book, both Deja and Kaca, who both did very well, subbed this early. I love to have Ruiz back an really like Frei, but very strange all the same...

-"Oh when the Whites!"

Dejagah hasn't impressed me today. Deserved to come off.

Oh, I think him and Reither has had a good game down their flank. He still has a lot to learn about premiership football but I think he's showing a lot of potential.

-"Oh when the Whites!"

Agreed Nick. I though he was doing fine but I admit I miss some of the subtle things in the match. A player like Dega will make something happen out of nohting and get you something special here and there, he needs to be played regularly to hone his match IQ given how young he is and how he can open up space

Comparatively young - he's 27 years old isn't he? Duff has the cutting edge and experience between the two, and never deserved to lose his place. Deja's   good cover, and someone to bring on.....

Northern Cottager

I cant believe everyone is claining they are chuffed with us going forward. We are slow, dull and laxk any spark going forward. As for defensively we need to get rid of the lot of them or prepare for the championship for the next few years. Without any doubt we should be beating teams like southampton at home. Awful,shambolic performances again!!

horse1031

We should have won.  That penalty was a shocking decision.  Why does Phil Dowd always referee against us?

The penalty was a textbook decision. You do not fling your arm at the ball, ever, unless you are the goalie.

it was a stone cold penalty.  he threw his hand at the ball.  three points lost because of it.

Lighthouse

Baird did nothing today but give away a handball. Senderos made mistakes but also put his head and foot in when needed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffcbulgaria

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on December 26, 2012, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: The Moose on December 26, 2012, 04:54:29 PM

I wouldn't describe Southampton as very poor. Defensively maybe but they're decent going forward.

What did Southampton create? Ramirez looks a semi decent player when he's not throwing himself to the floor. Other than that they were poor. We've only got 2 points against them from the 2 fixtures this season.

If anyone doesnt think we'll be dragged into the relegation scrap, I'll be amazed. The myth over Ruiz coming back and turning round our fortunes is just nonsense. Theres weaknesses all over the pitch, which we just cant solve in January.

Our mf just doesnt exist. Chris Baird is not a premier league player.
In defence, with the exception of Reither, the rest of them Hughes, Hangeland, Senderos and Riise are making loads and loads of mistakes. And no it isnt just Senderos.
None of the wingers have a final ball, and they all lose it far too easily.
Up front Berbatov is dropping too deep constantly, Rodellega works hard, but doesnt look threatening. Petric doesnt work hard, and cant play with Berbatov
Schwarzer gives the ball away CONSTANTLY

They play attractive attacking football, very neat and easy on the eye. Granted they lack a killer instinct but I consider that a mark of a decent side.
Ruiz will help us offensively, he can create chances but he's never going to shore up the defence. He's an offensive player.

Aaron

I don't think January is going to help just as much as people think..  What makes us think we can buy ourselves out of trouble?

Currently, apart from Reading, we're the worst team in the league and by a margin at that.  We can't pass, we can't defend, we can't attack.. We're in a dogfight now.  What is even more depressing is that given we are going to lose the next two are we going to have any fight left in us whatsoever to try and take on Blackpool in the cup or beat Wigan?

Out of the cup while 17th and sinking on the evening of January 12th is bound to have the sort of players we want to sign in the transfer window queuing up..

I'm quite glad I took us at 20/1 for relegation a couple of weeks back as you can now get us at 9/1.

ffcbulgaria

Senderos was decent today. Okay he couldn't head the ball clear first time but then gave a solid pass to Riise who just blew up and 5 seconds later conceded the corner.

Riise was terrible the whole 2nd half. Baird at times with good interceptions at other times handing Chrismtas presents.
Schwarzer should be dropped. I hope he's injured his hand bad enough to miss a game. He can't kick a goddamn ball to a Fulham player and created at least 5 dangers with his disastrous passes.

Berbatov played his worst game so far or at least his worst half.
Agree that Kaca should've stayed on at least till the 60th minute but the problem wasn't that Ruiz is not fit enough... more like he was wasted on the right flank...

grandad

Quote from: horse1031 on December 26, 2012, 05:10:15 PM

it was a stone cold penalty.  he threw his hand at the ball.  three points lost because of it.
Only 2 points as we drew 1-1
Where there's a will there's a wife

SaltfordWhite

What the hell did Schwarzer do wrong?!

Aaron

Actually.. You know what?  It's Jol.

WHY was Kaca taken off for Ruiz?
WHY was Ruiz stuck out on the right?
WHY was Senderos or Baird on the pitch at all today?
WHY has Schwarzer not been dropped?
WHY do his substitutions and more often than not selections period make no sense?
WHY are we instructed even in scenarios where better options exist to pass it straight back to the keeper for him to give it away or bash it straight to the opposing keeper?

I see no attempt whatsoever to try and remedy the problems we have all been talking about for the past 4 or 5 weeks.  Before anyone says it, I don't know what the answer is either, but I'm not a Premiership manager.  All I see from us week in, week out, is the same bullpoo lack of anything going forwards and no attempt to shake things up.

The team is crap as well mind you.

Snibbo

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on December 26, 2012, 05:16:41 PM
What the hell did Schwarzer do wrong?!
Made some decent saves, but his woeful distribution constantly puts us under pressure. Mind you, that applies to several others too.

TWFL

Quote from: Aaron on December 26, 2012, 05:12:49 PM
I don't think January is going to help just as much as people think..  What makes us think we can buy ourselves out of trouble?

Currently, apart from Reading, we're the worst team in the league and by a margin at that.  We can't pass, we can't defend, we can't attack.. We're in a dogfight now.  What is even more depressing is that given we are going to lose the next two are we going to have any fight left in us whatsoever to try and take on Blackpool in the cup or beat Wigan?

Out of the cup while 17th and sinking on the evening of January 12th is bound to have the sort of players we want to sign in the transfer window queuing up..

I'm quite glad I took us at 20/1 for relegation a couple of weeks back as you can now get us at 9/1.
Good god. You think we are the 2nd worst team by a margin? Ridiculous. We're on a bad run of form. Yes it's been long (11 games) but we are still in 13th and over halfway to 40 points. January will definitely help and bring in some confidence, fresh blood and competition for places. Just please try and keep a bit of faith in the team and Jol.

BestOfBrede

I seem to remember the same first half of last season and then pow went mad for the second half! We also have the transfer window to hopefully add a few, particularly in defence and midfield.
I remain confident and will hopefully be repaid for that Blythe end of the season. We may look back on these posts and laugh and wonder why all the fuss and doubt? - I hope

Aaron

Quote from: TWFL on December 26, 2012, 05:26:39 PMGood god. You think we are the 2nd worst team by a margin? Ridiculous. We're on a bad run of form. Yes it's been long (11 games) but we are still in 13th and over halfway to 40 points. January will definitely help and bring in some confidence, fresh blood and competition for places. Just please try and keep a bit of faith in the team and Jol.

Currently, apart from Reading, we're the worst team in the league and by a margin at that.

ron

Well, 11 games in the context of a 38 game league season is a fair chunk, wouldn't you say? I don't think anyone could be accused of panicking prematurely, none of these games we are losing and drawing are kickabouts that don't count!

Ordar

Quote from: ron on December 26, 2012, 05:34:20 PM
Well, 11 games in the context of a 38 game league season is a fair chunk, wouldn't you say? I don't think anyone could be accused of panicking prematurely, none of these games we are losing and drawing are kickabouts that don't count!

Couldnt agree more. 1 win in 11 is terrible.

Our next 6 games

Swansea (H)
WBA (A)
Wigan (H)
Man City (A)
W Ham (H)
Man U (A)

We'll lose the away games. On paper the home games look winable, but Swansea are a far better side than us. West Ham always beat us, so its just the Wigan game then....

ffc73

Quote from: Aaron on December 26, 2012, 05:20:07 PM
Actually.. You know what?  It's Jol.

WHY was Kaca taken off for Ruiz?
WHY was Ruiz stuck out on the right?
WHY was Senderos or Baird on the pitch at all today?
WHY has Schwarzer not been dropped?
WHY do his substitutions and more often than not selections period make no sense?
WHY are we instructed even in scenarios where better options exist to pass it straight back to the keeper for him to give it away or bash it straight to the opposing keeper?

I see no attempt whatsoever to try and remedy the problems we have all been talking about for the past 4 or 5 weeks.  Before anyone says it, I don't know what the answer is either, but I'm not a Premiership manager.  All I see from us week in, week out, is the same bullpoo lack of anything going forwards and no attempt to shake things up.

The team is crap as well mind you.

I do not have the answers (I thought Senderos was ok today) but these questions frustrate the wotsit out of me as they are beginning to indicate Jol does not have the answers either