News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When do we start the relegation predictions then...

Started by MOR :, December 30, 2012, 03:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

We were 14/1 to get relegated before Saturdays game against Swansea now at about 10's and falling fast.

Still seven teams worst off than us according to the bookies...

Norwich
Newcastle
Sunderland
Wigan
Villa
Southampton
Reading (Sorry everyone missed them when writing this)
QPR

PaulJ123

For me, QPR and Reading are certs to go down unless QPR spend stupid money in january (which they probably will)

If Villa don't do something quickly, they'll be stuck with them. I don't think we will go down due to how bad other teams are this year but next year we will have to buck up our ideas

HatterDon

Quote from: MOR : on December 30, 2012, 03:52:18 PM
We were 14/1 to get relegated before Saturdays game against Swansea now at about 10's and falling fast.

Norwich
Newcastle
Sunderland
Wigan
Villa
Southampton
QPR

Jeez, not Reading? Godness.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CurryForMario

We're good enough not to go down - people need to stop panicking.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Jimpav

I think it is quite hard to predict at this stage of the season. We are only at the half way mark and a lot can change quite quickly.

Under Sparkys brief reign we were in the bottom 3 on boxing day, with only one win (against Wigan) since October, we had been dropping silly points left right and centre and were looking precarious. Come May we finished 8th - our second highest PL finish.

It's wrong of me to compare two different squads and fixture lists but the principal remains the same- a bit of belief and a kick up the backside and we could be racing up the table to the comfortable bosom of a 11th place finish.

Our recent run has been disconcerting but not as suicidal as that of Newcastle and Villas. Points have been thin on the ground but our defeats have not been anywhere near like the car crash that is Villa or demoralising as Newcastles.

I think our chances of relegation are essentially going to boil down to our performances and more importantly results against Wigan, Norwich, QPR, Villa etc. we can't afford to lose any of these fixtures.

jarv

Agreed, we won't go down and we must not forget, 3 kind of rubbishy teams will come up. There are usually 2 certainties to go (not necessarily the 3 promoted teams) which leaves one spot open. This year looks like qpr and Reading....which leaves one of us to go from the list which I would include west ham.

Burt

Quote from: MOR : on December 30, 2012, 03:52:18 PM

Norwich
Newcastle
Sunderland
Wigan
Villa
Southampton
QPR

What, no Reading? I would have them in the mix.

jarv

Before the season started I thought Norwich (3rd div team, new manager), West Ham (rubbish players) and Wigan (perennial strugglers).

Now qpr, reading and.....perhaps after the window for the 3rd. At the moment, I still have a hunch Wigan.

bbc predictor will help.

YankeeJim

QPR: a total mess
Reading: willing but talentless
Southhampton: can't defend 

Wigan will survive again on hard work.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ZhenP.Senderos

West ham have a half decent squad. Bought well in summer. Maiga, Diame, Diarra, Jääskeläinen, Jarvis, Carroll on loan and Nolan's still quite handy.

Qpr, Reading and Villa are my 3 to go down.

jarv

Jim,
On your basis for Southampton....can't defend. Neither can Fulham :005:

ffc73

Before the season started I said Wigan, Reading and Norwich

Right now I'd be happy if it is not us but Wigan, Reading and QPR

JackyFulham90

Bottom 10 come May

10 - Swansea
11 - Fulham
12 - Newcastle
13 - Sunderland
14 - West Ham
15 - Norwich
16 - Southampton
17 - Aston Villa
18 - Wigan
19 - QPR
20 - Reading

sipwell

Very surprising that you think Swansea, Fulham and Newcastle will demote Jacky or are you an optimist by any chance?

(I like the doom-and-gloom for some time)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

mr-ska

HatterDon

I think Reading and QPR are bankers. On personnel, Wigan should be gone also -- of course that's unless personnel includes their excellent manager.

Norwich believes and Chris Hughton has done a brilliant job there.
If Southampton can land a decent 'keeper in the window -- Friedel perhaps? -- they may stay up.
I don't think Villa, Newcastle, or Sunderland are in any real danger.

So, that leaves ... hmmmm ... either West Ham, Wigan or us to join Reading and QPR.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Basil

Surely Villa are in as much, if not more danger, than us?
Agree about Newcastle though.

YankeeJim

Quote from: jarv on December 30, 2012, 07:51:49 PM
Jim,
On your basis for Southampton....can't defend. Neither can Fulham :005:

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: sipwell on December 30, 2012, 08:36:26 PM
Very surprising that you think Swansea, Fulham and Newcastle will demote Jacky or are you an optimist by any chance?

(I like the doom-and-gloom for some time)

Fulham & Newcastle have the quality to pull away and finish mid table