more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boo Boys Out

Started by A Humble Man, January 01, 2013, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

:Happy New Year:

We played well against Swansea apart from giving them two goals and missing lots of reasonable chances so what was their to boo about?

Your team need you when you when things are not going well, they are not pantomime villains stop this stupid booing now or I will report you to the moderators, the club and the tabloid press. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RaySmith

Booing is counter productive -I doubt if anyone has ever played better as a result of being booed, but support and appreciation of giving your all, as I think the team did against Swansea, is far more likely to  encourage the team to do better.

At the moment the team has exhibited  signs of  tension and pressure, and low confidence - giving the ball away frequently on simple seeming passes is a good example - in that these are elite players who can usually pass an accurate ball to a teamate in their sleep.

I know people say - 'they are highly paid but they don't try, so deserve to be booed', but I think this rarely the case, but low confidence can make it seem as if effort is wanting - when you don't keep possession and end up wasting effort on running around lke headless chickens.

So , don't boo is my opinion - it only acieves the opposite of what it's intended to achieve - and applaud an honest effort - as against Swansea. Why do you think Hangeland hasn't been clapping fans at the end of games?

CurryForMario

My friend asked me if we should leave when the ball went out of play for a goal kick, and I said I wanted to stay until the final whistle to see if people boo, and I was appalled as I clapped off that team. If we play like that every week we'll win games.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Berserker

I think people boo if the team looks as if it can't be bothered to play e.g. Southampton and don't boo if the team looked like they were fighting to win e.g. Swansea.

I wasn't at either of those matches as in Scotland for Christmas, therefore don't know how many fans booed.  I wouldn't personally boo, but just feel inwardly depressed. Maybe some people feel they what to get the angst and frustration out of their system in a more demonstrative way, which maybe better for them emotionally than keeping it bottled up inside like me.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Riverside

There is a time and place for booing. End of the match Saturday was not that time or place .

I agree with booing where no effort or passion is shown - tempted to do so at half time .

However there should be loud applause where effort and passion is there . 2nd half deserved great applause

Meerkat

Quote from: Riverside on January 01, 2013, 11:41:27 AM
There is a time and place for booing. End of the match Saturday was not that time or place .

I agree with booing where no effort or passion is shown - tempted to do so at half time .

However there should be loud applause where effort and passion is there . 2nd half deserved great applause

:plus one:

NorfolkJim

I've never booed Fulham and never would - in the same way I won't walk out on the team when they are losing.
I enjoyed the Swansea game. It was unfortunate we lost - mistakes happen in football. I enjoyed seeing us fighting back. I dont need to see a win to enjoy my day, though of course I prefer it if they do win.
Had a lucky break Saturday when I dropped my wallet on way back to the station and one of the Swansea boys on their way back to Paddington came after me and gave it back. Would have been stuffed otherwise as all money, cards and train tickets were in there and I didn't notice it go.
Finding it hard to get to games this year so making the most of those I can get to.
Dont boo.
Support.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

No good come of it , while it may help the supporter vent frustration , it never improve the player 
or the team anyone who has played  will testify to this and we can see Berbatov's rants does not help the players around him

SaltfordWhite

Grown men booing is ridiculous.  It's a football match, not a pantomime.

CanadianCottager

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: KCat on January 01, 2013, 02:09:07 PM

No good come of it , while it may help the supporter vent frustration , it never improve the player 
or the team anyone who has played  will testify to this and we can see Berbatov's rants does not help the players around him

Nogood "come of it too as I hate booing and booers, itis" Boyo

Burt

I applauded the team at the end of the Swansea match as they played well, showed fight and spirit, and didn't deserve to lose.

I was appalled when there were some who booed. I would have understood it more had it been another meek performance.

I was also appalled by the couple of clowns near me who slated Frei every time he got the ball.

I really don't know why some people bother going.

alfie

Quote from: KCat on January 01, 2013, 02:09:07 PM

agree with that, also Berbatov must stop blaming everyone around him when one of his passes goes wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jambo

What amazes me is that the posters on here that are like whippets up a drain pipe to post and moan on here when we lose but when we win you don't here from them!!!  Only happy when they are moaning.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

A Humble Man

A lot of men go to football to get drunk and vent spleen.  If they can afford a ticket they can do what they like but my opinion is on the day of a match support all our players none of whom at any time try to play badly.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Enter the Frei

Agree with those who say theres a time and place for booing and Swansea was not the time or place, anger can be a great motivational tool and the feeling of coming off the pitch to boos cannot be one that the players enjoy.

If we do Put in a performance like the away performances against QPR and Liverpool at home the team deserve to be boo'd and you've got to hope it should spur them on to perform better.

Also on the Berbatov comment earlier, some players you can see react well to his anger and it's helping bring the best out of the players around him but sometimes he does go over the top when it's his mistake and he is just venting his frustration.

cebu

I'd never boo a Fulham player. A former Fulham player, e.g. Michael Brown, might not be so lucky though.

oldgit

When I read the title I thought there might be a way to have an area of the ground where I could sit surrounded by 'supporters'. Unfortunately this was not the case. I sit in the Johnny Haynes stand near to the press box. So when the the boo boys make a noise they are confident that some of the reporters will mention this in their report. This would help to explain a lot and we might think that we should not criticise individuals who have so little in their life that they would turn on their own team just to get a second-hand mention in a local paper.

Happy New Year to all 'FFC supporters'

A Humble Man

Quote from: oldgit on January 01, 2013, 08:50:33 PM
When I read the title I thought there might be a way to have an area of the ground where I could sit surrounded by 'supporters'. Unfortunately this was not the case. I sit in the Johnny Haynes stand near to the press box. So when the the boo boys make a noise they are confident that some of the reporters will mention this in their report. This would help to explain a lot and we might think that we should not criticise individuals who have so little in their life that they would turn on their own team just to get a second-hand mention in a local paper.

Happy New Year to all 'FFC supporters'

I must sit near to you the reason I raised the issue as we seem to a lot of the boo boys around us.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

I can remember when it was VERY rare for supporters to barrack their own players. I think the reasons so many do so now is that they're consumed with jealousy over the fame and money players have. "He makes all that money and can't be arsed? Well, I've paid good money for my ticket and I have every right to tell the pampered over-paid so and so what I think of him."

I can't say that there aren't times that I long for the days when a "negative" reaction to a player "by a loyal fan" would be a shrug of the shoulder and a shake of the head.

In my day  092.gif

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel